• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokémon Sun & Moon trailer & anti-reading, no lore fun committee (September 6th)

Regiruler

Null and Zero are two completely different things.

Zero is nothing, Null is an emptiness that is designed to be filled later.

Neiteio

It's kind of... poetic, I guess, that an artificial Pokemon like Type Null has a name more akin to a classification than an actual species. Especially since, unlike Porygon, Type Null appears to be spliced together from many different Pokemon in many different categories. The name almost suggests its creators didn't consider it a proper Pokemon, and instead identified it by its nebulous categorization... Namely, that it defies categories. "Type: Null."

Kayhan

sunmoon.gif

Looks great.

"Type: Null" is an awful name, but I would have been fine with "Nulltype" or even "Typenull".

Just literally calling it "Type: Null" is such weird ass look, even if it has canonical reasons.

Gengahrrr

It's kind of... poetic, I guess, that an artificial Pokemon like Type Null has a name more akin to a classification than an actual species. Especially since, unlike Porygon, Type Null appears to be spliced together from many different Pokemon in many different categories. The name almost suggests its creators didn't consider it a proper Pokemon, and instead identified it by its nebulous categorization... Namely, that it defies categories. "Type: Null."

Ding ding ding!

Gladion will probably give it a real name.

Arthos

I love the 12 hour difference between the two versions. I was planning on getting Moon and this little change has made it so much more appealing.

And for those complaining about the differences: I'm sure you can just change the time on your DS and okay the game how you want to play it.

November can't come soon enough!!

With all these genetically created Pokemon this gen I'm half expecting the fossil Pokemon to be a hybrid creation of past forms.

Go all Jurassic World/Indominus Rex with it.

It seems my very first post of GAF is to say I love Type: Null more than I have ever loved a "new" Pokemon prior to its release and I will dislike anyone and everyone who disagrees with me.
Not really, but I really like the thing, okay.

It's literally a Chimera meant to combat Mythical mons. The fact that it manages to resemble Arceus and also have small details that evoke Zygarde just make this thing look crazy, which is what makes it cool. Mega or regular Gyrados-like tail fin, Haxorus/Absol-like horn thing, etc.

It really does all come together in this game and it does so in the form of Type: Null.

Also, yeah, add me to the list of people who believe Lillie, Gladion, and Lusamine are siblings or something of the sort and that believe Aether is the real villain team.

I'm predicting Gladion used to work for them, but left and stole Type: Null and joined up with Team Skull afterwards. The Aether Foundation are probably the ones who created Type: Null and the Ultra Beasts to capture Legendaries like Solgaleo and Lunala. I bet UB-01 just looks like Lillie because it wants to be her friend or something, and Lillie works with Kukui because she defected from them like Gladion did.

Anybody else concerned about annoying performance hiccups? Seemed like the game was really chugging/kinda ugly during the camera snapping parts

Anybody else concerned about annoying performance hiccups? Seemed like the game was really chugging/kinda ugly during the camera snapping parts

I'm really hoping it's because the 3D was on... but probably it's just that way, seems like it's a bit too much for the 3DS

brinstar

Like I said, it's iltimately fine I g whuess but what the fuck is this for? What's the point of having time pass in real time if it's not actually the real time that it is. Now I get the pleasure of having to either change my clock to get daytime Pokemon, or staying up until late (?????????).

I mean, if it's like previous games you won't have to stay up late anyway. It turns evening in Pokemon X/Y at 6 pm and full on night at 9.

Red

I wonder if we'll see other Type: variations. Or if Null can be changed with a held item, like Arceus.

Top Bottom