• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokémon Sun & Moon trailer & anti-reading, no lore fun committee (September 6th)

Doing some more research on what possible Pokemon we can predict to get Alolan forms.

I think I've watched all the trailers and I am coming up with a good idea of what Pokemon have been shown already, but I'm worried I may have missed some so to people who have watched all the trailers in both English and Japanese do you know if any of these Pokemon have appeared in either battle or in the overworld:
Butterfree
Oddish or Gloom
Tentacool or Tentacruel
Krabby or Kingler
Staryu or Starmie

Also have any of the Pokemon that received an Alolan form besides Meowth in the original Japanese trailer in the overworld been shown in any of the trailers in their original forms?

Thanks if anyone can help me.

Crocodile

CrraiP5UEAAhGwa.jpg

Source

Hydrus

Joe made a neat observation: Gumshoos is a detective, and Alolan Raticate is the crime syndicate he's bringing down. Alolan Raticate is the mob boss and Alolan Ratatta are his thieving bandits, pillaging fruit to bring back for him to hoard.

Lol thats cool. I think Gumshoo's is gonna turn into a favorite for me.

I understand it's not all night time.

Do you guys not understand that there are parts of this game I would like to experience in real time, and not with a 12 hour shift? How crazy is that?

"Play Sun"

Well that's a really brilliant suggestion, thanks.
The only problem is that it's kind of stupid that I should have to switch versions just to get the base experience I like. I think this is a bad design choice and it breaks the fuck out of immersion for me. It's not altogether clever and the game differences would still stand out without it.

The only way it's okay is if things return to normal post-E4, but apparently that's not realistic to expect to happen.

Like I said, it's iltimately fine I g whuess but what the fuck is this for? What's the point of having time pass in real time if it's not actually the real time that it is. Now I get the pleasure of having to either change my clock to get daytime Pokemon, or staying up until late (?????????).

Do you use your clock on the 3DS for anything? If not just change that to match it up to Sun. It's not a big deal. It's Pokémon Moon and it may tie into the legendary lore. I peronaly enjoy this which is why I'm going to main Moon. I play alot at night and usually wish it was Daytime at night.

I don't have a problem with standard time cycle with Sun either. Ask your Girl if she wants to switch copies. I don't think this is something to get worked up for when the fixes are easy.

Siege.exe

you really think Pokemon is going to get so dark that a scientist sacrifices his/her own daughter for experimentation?

AZ killed countless Pokemon (and people I believe) just because his Floette died, and at least 3 of the evil teams have tried to destroy and/or recreate the world in their image. I don't think experimentation is any darker than genocide.

KingDirk

So yeah thank God for Dragon Quest VII coming out next week because otherwise I would be losing my mind even more in anticipation

Poyunch

Yeah I don't trust the Aether Foundation. Team Skull is definitely a red herring. They're too street gang and small scale for Pokemon Teams at this point.

PSqueak

Banned
Y'all getting hype over Snap, and I'm just sitting here asking where Puzzle League is.

Why the hell would you want puzzle league back?

If paneru were to come back we need the real deal, not pokemon coated crap, give me Lip and all her cute magical girl friends!

Team Skull being a bunch of jobbers and this Aether Foundation being the real big bad would be a pretty cool twist as far as the Pokemon games are concerned.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
I'm late to the party, that 4chan leak with the supposed names & types of all the new mons is totally debunked now right?

Kyzer

Banned
Exactly what I was thinking. Wasn't what I expected, but Type: Null seems cat-ish. Kinda.

You know...

For one thing it does have cat ears and a kinda cat-like body structure.

And for another thing it would fit in with the name Type: Null.

...Unfortunately for that theory, Type: Null is also Sex: Null. Goddammit

ok i got it

all of breeding in pokemon is like a play on schrodingers cat

no one has ever witnessed an egg being made and they can only be made when youre not watching, so its technically not through typical mating and conception

what if type:null, even though genderless, works like ditto and can breed with any pokemon, but you get type: variations based on the parents

Siege.exe

Why the hell would you want puzzle league back?

If paneru were to come back we need the real deal, not pokemon coated crap, give me Lip and all her cute magical girl friends!

Because Puzzle League is the GOAT Pokemon game and needs to be brought into the future.

PSqueak

Banned
ok i got it

no one has ever witnessed an egg being made and they can only be made when youre not watching, so its technically not through typical mating and conception

what if type:null, even though genderless, works like ditto and can breed with any pokemon, but you get type: variations based on the parents

this is correct.

Canon lore of how pokemon eggs are made is that when two pokemon love each other hard enough, Arceus creates life and an egg out of literally nothing and sends it to the pokemon couple.

I am not making this up, it's an event in soul silver and heart gold where you literally see this in action.

ok i got it

Well, I do suppose that if they made a mighty mon the creators would want to make sure they could easily make more...

That sounds plausible.

Qwark

We Kingdom Hearts now.

I'm not sure what I'm looking at in that circled part. Enhance! Can someone explain it? I've played Kingdom Hearts before, but I'm not sure if that's another character or a clone, or what. Is that a Sudowodo?

Top Bottom