• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokemon Merchandise Line Announced for Japan: "Look Upon The Stars"

Cerium

Maximum troll. They know what they're doing.

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/2017/04/170428_p05.html?i006=news

New Pokemon goods coming to Japan on May 20 titled "Look upon the stars". Subtle hint at the rumored Pokemon Stars!? Just merchandise!?
So buying!

31307668734c807a8a2f563f3c8d5c7af6243e85.jpg
pokéfan;235306786 said:
To add fuel to the fire, Masuda tweeted Pokemon Stars back in April 12th, trolling.

https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/852086126588198912

'POKÉMON-STARS KOMMEN IN DIE SCHWEIZ
MASUDA & OHMORI AN DER POLYMANGA IN MONTREUX'

Before Pokemon Sun and Moon reveal, Masuda posted a picture of a moon, you know something is coming soon...

Cilla

I can't wait! It looks so pretty and my newborn has a Pokemon themed nursery.

Also gives me a reason to buy a Switch if it happens.

Pokemaniac

I mean, it could be a hint, I guess. I'm not sure reading too much into motifs of product lines is that great a method of predicting what Game Freak is doing, though, since these can often be pretty random.

Regardless, if there is a Pokemon game releasing this year, it'll probably be revealed soon (like, within the next month) anyway.

Anteo

Eurogamer is going to deal with serious backlash lol.

I heard they even put Stars in upcoming Switch games list or sth

Damn the Salt would be mountainous. I'd like to see that. But I'd also be part of the people making all that salt.

The shitstorm would be biblical.

I would personally be disappointed, TBH. I would LOVE an HD port of Sun/Moon on Switch.

Remember that Black2/White2 was announced for DS when the 3DS needed games. So I would not be surprised really. Dissaponted? sure

Cant wait for the meltdowns when its announced as a 3ds exclusive.
or not announced at all

Huge blown opportunity if that's the case. For GameFreak to familiarize themselves with the Switch, and Nintendo for not letting Pokemon in on Switch to continue the sales momentum.

dukie85

Cant wait for the meltdowns when its announced as a 3ds exclusive.
or not announced at all

For some reason, I could see people sending Nintendo angry, angry letters harassing them about why it's not on Switch if that happened..

Remember that Black2/White2 was announced for DS when the 3DS needed games. So I would not be surprised really. Dissaponted? sure

I guess, but at least BW2 was playable on the 3DS even if wasn't exclusive to the system. 3DS Stars would not be able to be played on the Switch and that alone is pretty upsetting.

But if it does happen, it's still probably going to be a lovely time getting that Sweet Third Version Pokemon that I've been waiting for years for.

Made sense at the time, as 3DS is fully BC with DS software.

Eurogamer believes otherwise, but I think Stars will be a cross-platform release.

Velcro Fly

If it does come for Switch I have to imagine it is next year. No way they are going to release pokemon on a system I can't just walk into a store and buy whenever I want.

Pokemaniac

Huge blown opportunity if that's the case. For GameFreak to familiarize themselves with the Switch, and Nintendo for not letting Pokemon in on Switch to continue the sales momentum.

Game Freak has multiple teams, which means that at least one of them is probably deep in Switch development at this point (unless they go maximum troll and also release DP remakes on the 3DS).

If it does come for Switch I have to imagine it is next year. No way they are going to release pokemon on a system I can't just walk into a store and buy whenever I want.
Why would that matter? If the system sells it sells. The Pokémon Stars game wouldn't release until October the earliest more than likely. They'll want to have big shipments around that time for sure.

Hattori

Banned
happened with Sun and Moon, stores were sold out of the 3DS into late January

ZeoVGM

Banned
I still feel like Pokemon Eclipse is a way better name for a third game to Pokemon Moon/Sun. Just makes sense.

sinonobu

Banned

There's no way this is going to be Switch exclusive.

I fully expect New 3ds / Switch situation like FE warriors.

Top Bottom