• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New screens/artworks for Super Mario 3D World : Peach sure is hot

In my veins pls

More platformers in general pls. It looks more interesting than either of the console launches in their entirety this fall/winter.

Each enemy couldn't have taken more than 10 minutes to model and texture minus minor tweaking. Most of them are little more than basic spheres and blocks, but they look so beautiful. This game looks incredible.

MYE

indeed lol

Funny thing about Wii U. That one game in 4 months hits, play it, enjoy it, put the system back up.

Will take it out for Mario, then take it out again for Zelda, then for Metroid ... after that? I dunno.

Be careful, if you leave it hooked up for too long or buy games for it, it gives you cancer

This made me laugh so hard XD

About the game, I've been so obsessed with Pokémon (and immediately prior to Pokémon, obsessed with GTAV and Puppeteer), that I'm only now starting to get HYPED for 3D World.

The 3DS installment, 3D Land, was my favorite 3D Mario to date. This looks like it's taking the same "flexible linearity" (focused missions in levels that lend themselves to playground shenanigans with layered off-the-beaten-path secrets, 1-1 in 3D Land being the best example), and ramping it up to levels of creativity that rival even Galaxy's best moments, and they're doing it both with fresh new elements and characters (the Bullet Bill Train, etc) and wild fan service (the return of Charging Chuck!), while finally achieving a framework where up to four players can go at it in 3D Mario, and using the four distinct character setup not seen since SMB2.

It's like a DREAM Mario game. These screens would've melted my mind and imagination as a child.

Ahhhh this isn't helping my hype man....hold me.

BBunny

No love for "Super Princess Peach"? She had her day to shine before.

Great game!!! One of my favorite games on NDS... I really want a sequel!

Foto+Super+Princess+Peach.jpg

Exile20

Be careful, if you leave it hooked up for too long or buy games for it, it gives you cancer

I never understood this, there are games out and people are still saying this have to dust it off or hook it back up since last year xmas.

D-e-f-

Banned
Nothing new here, but I thought this IGN video was pretty entertaining: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os5-g7wSHZo

Four player gameplay of 2-3 (the level with the silhouettes and potted piranha plants)

Reminded me too much of when the Giant Bomb guys played New Super Mario Bros U 5-player last year during their Quick Look. Too much "I have no clue how anything works in this game but I know Mario so let's just run forward with no regard for anything!" for my taste.

fred

I just can't get over how round everything looks. There has to be something going on in the background if Latte is a 160:8:8 GPU.

DMiz

Looks fantastic!

I was non-plussed when this game was first announced, but now I'm totally on board - hoping to pick it up and not have to beat back hordes of gift-hungry parents and older siblings!

phanphare

Banned
I didn't read the entire thread so I don't know if this was mentioned or not, but I love the way that all of the eyes are looking at toad.

IBNgviah.jpg

Neiteio

Mario runs on clouds.

h1ZczXah.jpg
I'm seriously digging all of the new enemy designs. These cloud fellows, the metal jester, the lava rocks, the long-necked birds, the rats, the ants, the Soviet Whomps, etc. This is the huge infusion of new iconography the series needed. Something new for everything old!

Neiteio

Great game!!! One of my favorite games on NDS... I really want a sequel!

Foto+Super+Princess+Peach.jpg
A girl who fights with her emotions! Oh man, where was the feminist movement when this game came out, lol. The whole "princess rescues knight" angle loses its edge when she fights with the power of PMS!

A girl who fights with her emotions! Oh man, where was the feminist movement when this game came out, lol. The whole "princess rescues knight" angle loses its edge when she fights with the power of PMS!

What strikes me about the enemy design is how simple yet how much personality they convey.

I guess that's the beauty in art and those that good at it.

Of course the topnotch animation helps but even in screenshots, these enemies look very lively.

Meant to quote your reply to the badass cloud guys.

I'm seriously digging all of the new enemy designs. These cloud fellows, the metal jester, the lava rocks, the long-necked birds, the rats, the ants, the Soviet Whomps, etc. This is the huge infusion of new iconography the series needed. Something new for everything old!

Those cloud guys actually aren't new!

http://www.mariowiki.com/Foo
http://www.mariowiki.com/Fwoosh

I'd say it's basically the current-gen version of these guys.

Cringeworthy comments.

You can tell they're not really 'in' to Mario.

That Luke sounds like it's the first time he's played a non CoD game.

No way, they sounded like they were really enjoying it. some kid was humming along during the game, the banter was really natural and the laughing was that of genuinely having fun.

Man, I can only imagine where Nintendo would be today if they cared about HD gaming several years ago..

Maybe in another 10 years when they start adding in online co-op or multiplayer for their first party games I'll say the same thing.

Man, that one guy is really inept. ::kills piranha plants that leave behind their stems:: "What are those plant things on the ground?!"

I love the ending at the flagpole.

This is precisely why they made it so the cats can cheat and climb up them but these guys are even too "good" to do that.

funcojoe

Just picked up the wind waker bundle along with a pro controller and new super Mario bros. this game is paid off in full and I cannot wait.

I debated on a wii u for awhile now but this sealed the deal for me.

Roo

Man, that one guy is really inept. ::kills piranha plants that leave behind their stems:: "What are those plant things on the ground?!"

Here's IGN trying to solve a puzzle:
iESwB19P9jORL.gif

Tho they seem to suck at Mario games, you can tell the guy using Toad was being an asshole.

Top Bottom