• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New SE mystery Site: FF-ATB [Final Fantasy: All The Bravest/iTunes in source code]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Glad people have finally learned to just assume iOS or web browser for all Square Enix hype sites.

They were also a bit more obvious this time with the whole sprites on the page thing.

Assuming this is "All The Bravest", if they instead had a teaser like "~Bravery~" with some Yoshida art on it, but it was still actually an iOS game, then they could have had people going again!

C-Jo

Silly me, thinking All The Bravest might have something to do with Bravely Default getting localized.

Teknoman

FFVI remake finally happening.

EDIT: Damn...those do look like the FF I Thief. Some sort of FF Megamix along the lines of Dissidia, except an actual RPG?

jaxword

From the PSP/iOS remake maybe?
Thief-ff1-psp.png

Nope, even that one doesn't fit. Look at the bandanna back, the triangle is upside down.

However, they are very close...as if the top is the thief's head and the bottom is an FF6 style half-profile stance. So I suspect they're edited sprites.

Ambitious

FF6 remake, you say?
Damn, I've just started playing it for the first time a few days ago. Don't feel like starting it all over again.

doemaaan

Huh.. why did i think All the Bravest was somehow related to Bravely Default. So, what is this game? Is it something new or is this a remake under a new name?

I can feel the odds of Bravely Default localization plummeting into the ground like a fiery airship with this.

Why? They could localize with the same name. Why everyone wants them to change the name for localization? Because of this new iOS game? That doesn't make sene.

Equinox

Neo Member
Why? They could localize with the same name. Why everyone wants them to change the name for localization? Because of this new iOS game? That doesn't make sene.
Because "All the Bravest" being registered as a trademark in the West was the only indication of Bravely Default ever being localised.

Now that we know it's not related, there is nothing left to indicate that it will come West. Especially since Square Enix are willing to hold onto other high profile titles like TYPE-0.

Because "All the Bravest" being registered as a trademark in the West was the only indication of Bravely Default ever being localised.

Now that we know it's not related, there is nothing left to indicate that it will come West. Especially since Square Enix are willing to hold onto other high profile titles like TYPE-0.

So you mean that "Bravely default" is not trademarked outside Japan?

hongcha

Now that we know it's not related, there is nothing left to indicate that it will come to the West.

Quite true. According to the people who made the game, they're not currently planning to localize BD and they think it would be difficult to do in any case. They might try the browser game first in Europe, and if it catches on, we could see a European localization in a few years.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Quite true. According to the people who made the game, they're not currently planning to localize BD and they think it would be difficult to do in any case. They might try the browser game first in Europe, and if it catches on, we could see a European localization in a few years.

I do wonder why BD is difficult to localize.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Again with this thing about BD: the last time they talked about localisation, the producer not only said that they were thinking about what to bring over in the West first ( the 3DS game or the PC free-to-play spin-off), but they even said that they were searching for the best way to do localisation without losing the original spirit of the title ( probably, a not so expensive localisation)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43619335&postcount=553

Why everyone keep forgetting this interview and remember just the first one is beyond me. They seem to want to bring it here, and the Type 0 case is very different because it was released on PSP on 2011.

Serious Question: Why the fuck does Square keep doing countdowns for iOS games? It's not like they generate hype, since all they do is generate hate and kill any hype for the iOS tittle.
Seriously, just announce that shit, it's not like it's a significant game.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
So this Final Fantasy All The Bravest is something like a 'remixed' version of FF6, 'optimized' for the ios?

something like TWEWY solo remix?

doemaaan

Serious Question: Why the fuck does Square keep doing countdowns for iOS games? It's not like they generate hype, since all they do is generate hate and kill any hype for the iOS tittle.
Seriously, just announce that shit, it's not like it's a significant game.

SE cares that it'll generate money though.

Square Enix is dead to me. In one shot, they've crushed my hopes of Bravely Default being AllTheBravest and being localized, but also announce another iOS unplayable game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom