• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New SE mystery Site: FF-ATB [Final Fantasy: All The Bravest/iTunes in source code]

Status
Not open for further replies.

snap0212

The main reason is the price. I'm just not seeing it as justified at all. I know I've paid way more for those games in the past but I just don't value iOS games as much. I doubt I'll ever pay anything more than 2€ for one, that's my limit currently. I have to do without my preferred control method (buttons) and I have more games than I could ever play. I have to make a cut somewhere. ;)

jackal27

Banned
I really don't think so. The mobile stuff is just more visible since it's on a global platform like iOS now. They've always had a heavy mobile presence. They will continue to put out 3DS games at the very least.

Prove it.

I loved Square's presence on the DS, but I am not hopeful for the 3DS. This is really bumming me out. All I want is some traditional RPGs for the system.

Aeana

Prove it.

I loved Square's presence on the DS, but I am not hopeful for the 3DS. This is really bumming me out. All I want is some traditional RPGs for the system.

Okay, well, Bravely Default was very successful, and a sequel is in the works. DQ7 3DS is about to come out, and it will be successful. They won't just suddenly stop after having successes on the system. These things might not be translated, but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

CorvoSol

Okay, well, Bravely Default was very successful, and a sequel is in the works. DQ7 3DS is about to come out, and it will be successful. They won't just suddenly stop after having successes on the system. These things might not be translated, but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

Aren't they also remaking DQM1 for the 3DS? I would kill a man stone cold for that game to come out here. After Pokemon that was like, the best Mon game I ever played.

iavi

Umm... all of their iOS games that have been localized and have Android ports are availiable in Google Play.

Now. Chaos Rings and Chrono Trigger weren't brought to the US Google play store for the longest time, instead sitting in their special JP android games marketplace.

They've begun to bring it all over, but haven't set any day & date precedent.

jackal27

Banned

I suppose that makes sense, I was more thinking about their releases overseas.

This hurts so much.;_;
Sometimes, I rather pretend they just don't exist ;_;

jackal27

Banned
Not getting translated is like no existing to me...I can't play it.

Which is sad, because most SE output on DS arrived to the west.

Same. And FF: The 4 Warriors of Light was one of my favorite DS games. I loved everything about that game so much and since Bravely Default is basically the sequel to that game... I'm so bummed out...

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Surprised by all the initial posts saying FF1 thief when the sprite on the right is clearly Locke from FF6.

GET IT TOGETHER, GAF.

If I'm getting my LONG-awaited FFVI remake as an iOS game, I am seriously going to lose my shit. I am going to go in full-on meltdown jihad-against-Square mode.

Stuart444

If I had the money, I'd probably buy a JP 3DS just to see what all the fuss is about with Braverly Default :( stupid region locking.

So FF: All The Bravest. I still see some places speculating it's an FF6 port or something like that but with that title...

Ah well, just a few days to find out what this is

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Surprised by all the initial posts saying FF1 thief when the sprite on the right is clearly Locke from FF6.

GET IT TOGETHER, GAF.

Wrong it's actually FF5 Thief. You people are so Locked on FFVI.

BTW there is no one who is BRAVER then GILGAMESH in all of Final Fantasy, nay the UNIVERSE!

fates

I suppose that makes sense, I was more thinking about their releases overseas.

To be honest, now I just assume they aren't going to make it over from the get go. As soon as DQ7 3DS was revealed I was like "hey that's pretty cool", but a few seconds later common sense kicked in and I forgot about it.

Square Enix isn't the same anymore. It's become clear to me their plan for the west is Eidos, iOS games and FF13 rehashes only.

Heropon

If I'm getting my LONG-awaited FFVI remake as an iOS game, I am seriously going to lose my shit. I am going to go in full-on meltdown jihad-against-Square mode.

Don't worry, it seems like it's another game created by reusing old assets. At least that's what I hope it is.

scy

The tears will be delicious.

Once I get over my own crippling depression from that announcement, anyway.

DR2K

Banned
I think we should all be grateful it isn't another FFIV, holy fuck does someone have a hard on for that series.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
This hurts so much.;_;
Sometimes, I rather pretend they just don't exist ;_;

I still have pretty big hopes for BD given what I posted earlier. And for DQVII too. Unfortunately, it seems we'll miss forever Terry's Wonderland 3D, though.

Vamphuntr

I really hope it's a new classic 2D FF game. The sprites' shadows in the teaser pic seem to imply so. Hopefully they put some effort into it and it's not simply a quick cash grab.

FF Dimensions was ok but expensive for what it was and it wasn't a new game either.

daveo42

Banned

They don't exist in NA or EU though...
:(

Goli

It's not FFVI, it's a new game

Thanks for clearing that up :).

I really hope it's a new classic 2D FF game. The sprites' shadows in the teaser pic seem to imply so. Hopefully they put some effort into it and it's not simply a quick cash grab.

FF Dimensions was ok but expensive for what it was and it wasn't a new game either.

Yeah the sprites don't seem to match exactly any of any previous FF game. Maybe this is a new FF by the same people behind FFD?

CorvoSol

Thanks for clearing that up :).

Yeah the sprites don't seem to match exactly any of any previous FF game. Maybe this is a new FF by the same people behind FFD?

No. Your hopes are too high.

Let's all tell ourselves its a GREE game so that if it isn't we can all be at least a tiny bit happy.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
If it ends up being an iOS game like it seems it will I'll be happy O:.
Same. As long as it's not anything browser-based (which as of now means it won't be localized), I'm good. I like that we're getting most of SE's mobile releases now in the new smartphone ecosystem. I remember getting bummed that I'd never be able to play their mobile offerings like Before Crisis back in the day, so knowing that such a scenario doesn't have much of a chance of repeating makes me glad.

Popcicle

Hot Texas Chili
Same. As long as it's not anything browser-based (which as of now means it won't be localized), I'm good. I like that we're getting most of SE's mobile releases now in the new smartphone ecosystem. I remember getting bummed that I'd never be able to play their mobile offerings like Before Crisis back in the day, so knowing that such a scenario doesn't have much of a chance of repeating makes me glad.

I'm glad that makes you glad.

I completely get people's thoughts on 'Why isn't this the long beloved title I was hoping for!?!?!?!' but likewise it's good to know that the mobile games, that are typically very good IMO, get a presence in the west, and also typically day/date of their release in Japan.

Seda

more sprite silhouettes

v4tAp.png

Shinta

Banned
Many warriors against two big monsters? That screams[/b] "social game". I must confess, I'm not feeling it like I was back when the graphic had only a few heroes on one side.

Now that I think about it, "All the Bravest" does kind of lend itself well to an MMO/social game with lots of people playing together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom