• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Starfield video outlines the 'Settled Systems'

Starfield

Speaking of Cyberpunk though, here is some high res concept art of Neon City

Starfield_Neon.jpg

MaKTaiL

Watching this made me realise Star Citizen has made me completely allergic to sci-fi concept art-only presentations.
Agree. Concept art only presentations are a big red flag. I'm surprised people are still hyped about this game when literally nothing has been shown yet. Only empty promises so far.

Need to know about the concept artist. Who is this person? What else have they done? What was the inspiration? How long did it take to draw these pics? What country are they from? Are they hired temp workers? What Sci Fi books have they read? Do they have a dog? What is the name of the dog? Important stuff.

Starfield

Need to know about the concept artist. Who is this person? What else have they done? What was the inspiration? How long did it take to draw these pics? What country are they from? Are they hired temp workers? What Sci Fi books have they read? Do they have a dog? What is the name of the dog? Important stuff.
Can't tell you who exactly did it but once I know I'll show you.

If I had to guess it was probably one of those:

or istvan Pely but he nuked his social media

Last edited:

ChiefDada

Gold Member
A delay in the future? Place your bets.

Wasn't this the game they were adamant is coming this year? Even if it does get pushed back, can't really fault them, considering both the pandemic and the apparent magnitude of the title. I just hope they show gameplay soon because I desperately want to see what space-themed next-gen looks like.

Phase

Wasn't this the game they were adamant is coming this year? Even if it does get pushed back, can't really fault them, considering both the pandemic and the apparent magnitude of the title. I just hope they show gameplay soon because I desperately want to see what space-themed next-gen looks like.
Well they do have 10 more months to get it ready, and a post by KyoZz KyoZz last Nov says it can be played from start to finish. So let's hope it doesn't get pushed back and is fully finished on release.

Boss Mog

I want this game to be amazing but I have a feeling it'll just be something like The Outer Worlds but with a better budget.

Alebrije

Sorry but after the fiasco of the 2 recent Fallout games Bethesda needs to show somethign great. Hope Microsoft involves a quality control team or supervisor to guarantee this game wont be a glitched mess.

The space /explore setup is great for any game like this, lets see gameplay , story and lore.

Hope it ends well , gives No Mans Sky vibes...time will tell

The_hunter

I feel like it will just be skyrim with space travel, some procedural generated content at the style of No mans sky perhaps. I liked fallout 4's main story quest, the plot was great, but they were too scared to make any significant consequences to your actions like New vegas had. I hope there's deeper rpg mechanics this time around.

Last edited:
Lol, I'm not ruling this out, but how can you make such a claim without seeing the game?

God Howard and Bethesda Maryland have never let me down yet. Even Fallout 4 that people criticize is a truly incredible game that does some very important things way better than prior Bethesda games. People may not like the writing or story as much, but the junk economy was night and day superior to previous fallout titles, so was enemy combat behaviors and response to being attacked and hit, VATS was far superior, the new SPECIAL perks system was better than the skills system in prior games by a shit ton if people really dig into it, and as a result character progression was, in my view, superior. And factions, and the purposes they existed for, were a lot more believable according to what you saw in the world, and what kinds of things you had to do for each. The world design is superior to any past Fallout also.

They simplified dialogue, true, and many didn't like other things related to choice, but it was still a top notch game that still gets better and better with time.

So, yea, Starfield is going to rock, and won't simply just be Fallout in space because I think there are going to be some newer elements that will really change how the game feels.

Last edited:

Fredrik

I want this game to be amazing but I have a feeling it'll just be something like The Outer Worlds but with a better budget.
I assume you didn’t like The Outer Worlds but for me that would indeed push it into the amazing category. I had TOW at #2 on my GOTY list in 2019. Loved it. The action was kinda samey but that goes for many RPGs, the script and dialogue choices was top tier on the other hand, for me it put Obsidian back on the RPG map again.

Last edited:

Boss Mog

I assume you didn’t like The Outer Worlds but for me that would indeed push it into the amazing category. I had TOW at #2 on my GOTY list in 2019. Loved it. The action was kinda samey but that goes for many RPGs, the script and dialogue choices was top tier on the other hand, for me it put Obsidian back on the RPG map again.
It's not that I don't like The Outer Worlds, it's just that I feel it's nothing revolutionary. The way Bethesda has been hyping Starfield, I'm expecting something way more special. The original Mass Effect games were special back in their day, especially 2 it was an amazing experience with great combat, I'm just afraid Starfield won't reach that level for me but I hope I'm wrong.

Top Bottom