• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Summer Lesson VR demo at E3 2015 (Tekken Team, UE4, PS4)

E-Cat

So. We probably still have a few decades left until haptic feedback for VR will be perfected and the human race ended.

DieH@rd

Banned
As stated in the video description, this new Summer Lesson project morpheus demo will be playable in the Sony E3 booth. You can check out what other games/demos are presents there here.

nsuwcqitph.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIl2-5f8NTo

She looks older, designed to be more friendly toward western audiences, and her animations are very expressive and well done.

What do you think GAF? Is this a dawn of "human-AI communication" genre?

Imagine if they do a doax or whatever it was called where you go to zack island and pay volleyball vr game like this, those segments where your perv by the pool and take photos in vr, hahaha that would be terrible on so many levels

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
This is profoundly sad.

I can't let any of my friends find out after I buy this.

As stated in the video description, this new Summer Lesson project morpheus demo will be playable in the Sony E3 booth. You can check out what other games/demos are presents there here.

nsuwcqitph.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIl2-5f8NTo

She looks older, designed to be more friendly toward western audiences, and her animations are very expressive and well done.

What do you think GAF? Is this a dawn of "human-AI communication" genre?
I'm not really sold on this thing in particular (screams too much "waifu" to me), but the concept, tech and visuals are really quite stunning. Like you said, her animations, particularly her facial animations are incredibly well done. I'm pretty impressed what they've managed to put out. Also, this doesn't seem quite as pandering as the Japanese school-girl one, so thank God for that!

Kieli

Need a reflection of the main character in the water or mirror.

Need to know what stats to upgrade and what gear to craft so I can land myself a girl like this.

Nose Master

Won't there be a really jarring disconnect with the way you interact with her? Like... you can't speak. You can't make dialogue choices. You can just nod, shake your head, and point. "Grom want sex?" "/nod"

Zukuu

Banned
Man I'd do things with her, if you know what I mean...

Like teaching her math in summer. ( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

androvsky

Won't there be a really jarring disconnect with the way you interact with her? Like... you can't speak. You can't make dialogue choices. You can just nod, shake your head, and point. "Grom want sex?" "/nod"
If ever a game cried out for voice controls, it's this. Seems like it could be a great way to learn languages.

Ferrio

Banned
Please tell us you experience.

Does she feel like SHE IS THERE?

Did you acept our new VR waifus?

This was his response in the Morpheus thread.

I knew what I was seeing wasn't real. But the times where she came closer it felt like someone was invading my personal space. It's really the highest praise I can give.

That said, the graphics doesn't look in VR the way it does on the video , if that makes sense.

Bl@de

Engadget: Do you have a personal favorite [Morpheus demo]?

Shuhei Yoshida: [...] Oh and also, Bandai Namco brought Summer Lesson to the US. So I'm super interested in how people outside Japan will react to it because people in Japan totally fell in love with it. And not just men; you know girls love the demo, as well. So try it if you have a chance.

2449180-6024201238-Yoshi.gif

Top Bottom