• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New super hot Final Fantasy XV CG character renders (Cidney, Iris, etc.)

T8kWfoz.jpg

oh, baby

It's basically Jack Nicholson and Brian Doyle Murray morphed together

Mailbox

Cool. Thanks for the info!

SUPER off topic but what is your avatar from? I feel like I know it from somewhere.

Off-Topic: I make my avatar's myself and I use characters from anime shows currently airing. This season's Avatar is Izetta from Izetta the last witch. Mind you, I still haven't watched the show yet (My courses aren't allowing for much free time :( ) so please don't spoil it for me :3

On-Topic: I really like Iris and her voice actress, but her squirmy movements will tick people off :p

Monocle

People getting offended by Cidneys design are hilarious.

Couldnt care less what she wears.
Yeah people wishing a potentially decent character wasn't such a blatant example of female objectification are so hilarious. Sexual double standards are good for a chortle.

Please don't reveal your ignorance by pointing to Gladiolus's open shirt. Male objectification is not in fact a widespread problem in media.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
It's got nothing to do with creativity. They know exactly what they're doing.
I know, but they're doing it with as little creativity as possible, "hey, let's turn the female mechanic into a person dressed as a halloween version of what a mechanic should look like in our fantasy based on reality. No need to use actual creativity or anything."

Monocle

n8jFocn.gif

Yes, we are organizing a letter-writing campaign and mailing in burnt bras as protest.

Not that this is a problem men have to deal with.
593987.png
Pls don't mock this perfectly functional and realistic attire. You should be ashamed of your words and deeds.

Off-Topic: I make my avatar's myself and I use characters from anime shows currently airing. This season's Avatar is Izetta from Izetta the last witch. Mind you, I still haven't watched the show yet (My courses aren't allowing for much free time :( ) so please don't spoil it for me :3

On-Topic: I really like Iris and her voice actress, but her squirmy movements will tick people off :p
Nice thanks for the info! I thought it looked familiar!

Can we PLEASE talk about something else other than how Cindy is the worst thing to ever exist (she's not by the way)?

593987.png
Not saying that women shouldn't feel bad about these designs but honestly as a guy I would have laughed my ass off if Snake had that as his default costume and probably kept on wearing it till the end. Hahahaha, that's so ridiculous.

God damn man, you just won the big words award.
It is axiomatic how antediluvian the habitués of this neoteric Cidney are. These chauvinistic zeolots are a parlous obliquy (and, dare I say it, rather invidius). Alas, their pusillanimous, jejune manqué shall cease one day, hencewherest we, the keepers of progress, will overcome all eleemosynary.
It's truly bizarre that using (slightly) elevated vocabulary is seen as something to mock.

I guess it's better if we all just talk like the caveman stereotype of forum dwellers. Surely that's the preferred route for all of us.

Dice//

Banned
Can we PLEASE talk about something else other than how Cindy is the worst thing to ever exist (she's not by the way)?

I'll totally agree that she isn't the worst character revealed for FFXV the SECOND a scene with her doesn't feel like this:
J1alb7j.jpg

Not saying that women shouldn't feel bad about these designs but honestly as a guy I would have laughed my ass off if Snake had that as his default costume and probably kept on wearing it till the end. Hahahaha, that's so ridiculous.

Well shoot, wouldn't we all? :p
Of all the costumes that WASN'T in, really sad that one didn't get squeezed in; it might have even helped against some of the bad press on Quiet's outfit.

It only feels funny because it's unexpected. Imagine when designs like that is normalized for men in every media and people justify it with reasons like "plausible in that world" every dang time.

You gotta try starting the conversation yourself with a request like this, yar.

zoukka

I can't get over the old guy wearing some fucking 5000$ italian leather jacket.

In other words, the character design is whack all around.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Yeah people wishing a potentially decent character wasn't such a blatant example of female objectification are so hilarious. Sexual double standards are good for a chortle.

Please don't reveal your ignorance by pointing to Gladiolus's open shirt. Male objectification is not in fact a widespread problem in media.

Regarding your spoiler: I just want to point out that the fact that a problem is not significant does not automatically make it not a problem :p

I know, but they're doing it with as little creativity as possible, "hey, let's turn the female mechanic into a person dressed as a halloween version of what a mechanic should look like in our fantasy based on reality. No need to use actual creativity or anything."
It's funny actually when you literally compare her outfit to Halloween costumes

She really doesn't look that much better. There are a few parts of the design I think are fine, like her hair, face and color scheme, but still a big LOL to the rest.

Riposte

Full length leather stockings and daisy dukes combo:
eYaByHY.jpg

Not worth the loss of tan lines. I rather she button up her jacket if it has to come to that.

EDIT: "Creativity" - also known as: doing things the way I find acceptable or appealing. Great starting point for any discussion.

Monocle

Regarding your spoiler: I just want to point out that the fact that a problem is not significant does not automatically make it not a problem :p
Well I'd argue that it's just plain not a problem at all. Men don't live in a world that's hostile to maleness. A ripped dude in short shorts doesn't perpetuate a common stereotype that men are useful mostly for their sex appeal, and less competent and capable than your average woman.

pashmilla

Banned
ITT: straight guys think Cindy is hawt and wish women would just shut up with their annoying whining about "equality" and "representation". Check out those melons tho, phwoar!

Monocle

ITT: straight guys think Cindy is hawt and wish women would just shut up with their annoying whining about "equality" and "representation". Check out those melons tho, phwoar!
Listen, if Cindy's sassy funbags keep you from taking her seriously, that's your problem. You sexist boob lover!

Her eyes are up there!

mortal

Gold Member
These edits are all fucking terrible lol
I don't particularly like her pinup mechanic look, but daisy dukes on top of leather pant/leggings cutoffs? And with a bit of her underwear showing. It just looks like a poor attempt at censorship.

This is something you'd expect from Nintendo...

I think her design is just corny as hell, and trying too hard to be sexy.

zoukka

Listen, if Cindy's sassy funbags keep you from taking her seriously, that's your problem. You sexist boob lover!

Her eyes are up there!

If we weren't expected to believe she's a seasoned mechanic with that attire, this wouldn't be an issue.

.JayZii

Banned
n8jFocn.gif

Yes, we are organizing a letter-writing campaign and mailing in burnt bras as protest.

593987.png
I think Gladio pulls off Cidney's look quite well too. Strong. Confident. Capable. It's all there.
DwYGrRR.jpg

Well shoot, wouldn't we all? :p
Of all the costumes that WASN'T in, really sad that one didn't get squeezed in; it might have even helped against some of the bad press on Quiet's outfit.
Hahaha.
It's really weird that they didn't actually go for the male fanservice route, especially after all the (completely deserved) shit they got for that Quiet design.

It only feels funny because it's unexpected. Imagine when designs like that is normalized for men in every media and people justify it with reasons like "plausible in that world" every dang time.
Yeah, I can see how that would be frustrating. In all honesty though, I think if devs want to do these sort of fanservice stuff in more serious games like this one, then they should add these costumes as secondary unlockable/DLC stuff.

Let people who want these things get them as an optional thing. Also, if you are doing fanservice then go both ways and do some optional male fanservice as well for the potential female crowd that might be into that. Right now, even though I personally don't really care about Gladio and Cindey's costumes, I have to agree that both look quite stupid.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Here's the unsexualized, clean version of Cindy:

xUZN0sC.jpg

mortal

Gold Member
Both male & female FFXV characters are idealistic and sexualized. Look at the four main ones, they're all attractive models. It's no surprise why this game has so many female fans, and even gay guys.

It's certainly possible to have sexy looking characters without pandering, the problem is Cindy's design just lacks any subtlety.

I'm always seeing people post those same drawings of snake and whatnot where the males are wearing female outfits. That's exchanging one extreme for another. Of course that shit looks even more ridiculous on a male character it was never design for.

That doesn't make for the most convincing argument.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
41519-show-66068.jpg

Willie Nelson is actually a family friend, I know it's not exact but whenever I see Cid I can't help but think of him. XD; They have almost the same facial structure.

Top Bottom