• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Super Smash Bros character to be revealed on Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roo

Round 1, pre-E3 2013, guy leaks to Sal Romano, owner of Gematsu that Villager, Megaman, Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac, Pac-man, and Mii will be in.
Round 2, pre-Smash Direct, guy leaks to him again, claims Pac-man and Mii are still coming, but also says Palutena, a Pokemon from Pokemon X and Y, Chrom, Shulk, and Chorus Men are coming as well.
Round 3, pre-E3 2014, makes the same claims again. Also corrects Mii to being Mii Fighter, mentions that they're considering cutting Lucas or Ness, and leaning more towards cutting Lucas, mentions this will be the last E3 before Smash 4, and mentions that they're planning on character DLC, and that he's a bit bummed about it.

Chorus men.. wait-- really? That's.. odd.
Weird about the Lucas/Ness discussion tho. One of them was basically a clone of the other so I don't really care.
As for DLC... well, as long as it's free or not that expensive sounds good to me.

Thanks for the info.

Weird about the Lucas/Ness discussion tho. One of them was basically a clone of the other so I don't really care.
As for DLC... well, as long as it's free or not that expensive sounds good to me.

Thanks for the info.
I always presumed the leaker wasn't familiar with Rhythm Heaven and thought Marshall was one of the Chorus men

The new X game is Xenoblade related, correct? I know nothing about the series, will Shulk be present or is it not that kind of thing? I figure that will be my first foray into the Xeno Universe

It's called Xenoblade X. Xenoblade was a completely new universe with no relation to the previous 2 Xeno series, while Xenoblade X is again another new universe it will carry on the themes and some of the races (like the Nopon race) from Xenoblade. So the Xenoblade franchise so far is kinda like the Final Fantasy series in that sense, new universe with each main entry but with many shared things. Hell I wouldn't be surprised to see a few familiar faces from Xenoblade, obviously not as the exact same characters but as new versions of those characters for this new universe.

While I am super excited to see more of Xenoblade X and am so far interested in the universe I am actually a little disappointed that we aren't getting a sequel that takes place after Xenoblade, I really wanted to see what happens in that world after the climactic ending.

Fandangox

Thanks for the info.

Lucas and Ness were no basically clones. They only shared 3 specials and the side smash.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
1b7.gif

I suppose technically that he's running out of pre-made videos does not preclude the possibility that there are new characters who won't get one. For example, ones intended to be surprises, DLC, or something

Griss

Are people really expecting Lucas to be cut? Say it ain't so! I loved Ness from the first two games but Lucas was far superior, I'll miss him like crazy if he's gone.

Also I'm wondering if Mewtwo would be considered a returning veteran, considering he's only been in one and they could use his Mega-evo if they wanted to. If so, he'd make for a good surprise as an unlockable character not announced before the game is out. That said, he was pretty poorly done in Melee imo, so they'd need to fix him up quite a bit, could be as much work as a new character.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I know it's silly because Pac-Man and Game & Watch are playable, but how the hell do you make a character our of Chorus Men!?

I'd rather they re-invent Lucas or Ness instead of cutting Lucas. I mostly want Lucas in because he represents one of the best video games of all time and I have emotional attachment...

?oe?oe

I know it's silly because Pac-Man and Game & Watch are playable, but how the hell do you make a character our of Chorus Men!?
The same way Captain Falcon is playable.

What i mean is 3 Falcon Punches lined up in one after another.

Hoping for Lucina, Isaac or another Metroid character!

Ahhh so hyped!

Edit: On the topic of Fire Emblem, I'd like if they had a different class other than a sword user. Maybe Mage or the Horse riders. Or maybe a Manakete!

Vidiot

Can't feel hyped. I believe the leak and I don't really care about any of the characters left from the leak. Hopeful we get someone not on the leak list to renew hype. That nearing the end of new character trailers remark doesn't have me confident however.

Still the roster as of now is already great. Just need to see a few vets I'm missing.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I feel bad for people here who don't really follow SmashGAF Threads to know what's up. Keep your expectation low for playable characters because it would suck to see people here getting disappointed.

Zalman

I suppose technically that he's running out of pre-made videos does not preclude the possibility that there are new characters who won't get one. For example, ones intended to be surprises, DLC, or something
He said they are running out of "character videos". To me that implies characters he intends to reveal before the game is out. Brawl had secret newcomers, and I think the same will be the case this time.

In other words, I don't think every newcomer is going to get a video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom