• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Switch Reaction Thread

What's your reaction to Switch OLED?

• Total voters

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
Hot Mess Art GIF by Jimmy Arca

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Nintendo fans should be nervous with what the Switch OLED AKA OLD has to offer why? Yeah it has a new screen but it forces developers to use struggling technology.

Marvel14

Banned
How can you know if the internals were upgraded or not of there's no mention of it anywhere? Ffs.. the shit just got announced. When has Nintendo detailed technical aspects of the internals of their consoles?
Nintendo Switch (OLED model) console

Nintendo Switch (OLED model) console
Size102mm x 242mm x 13.9mm (with Joy-Con controllers attached)
Please note: 28.4mm at the thickest, from the tips of the analogue sticks to the ZL/ZR Button protrusions.
WeightApprox. 320g
(With Joy-Con controllers attached: 420g)
ScreenCapacitive touch screen / 7-inch OLED / 1280x720 resolution
CPU/GPUNVIDIA customised Tegra processor
System memory64 GB

You can increase your console's storage with compatible microSD cards (sold separately). For more information on compatible microSD cards, please visit our support section.

Please note: a portion of the internal memory is reserved for use by the system.
Communication featuresWireless LAN (IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac compliant) / Bluetooth 4.1
In TV mode, it's also possible to use a wired LAN connection.
Video outputMaximum resolution: 1920x1080, 60 fps
Please note: output via HDMI cable in TV mode. In tabletop mode and handheld mode, the maximum resolution is 1280x720, which matches the screen resolution.
Audio outputSupports linear PCM 5.1ch
Please note: output via HDMI cable in TV mode.
SpeakersStereo
USB terminalUSB Type-C terminal
Used for charging or for connecting to the Nintendo Switch dock.
Audio jack4 pole stereo 3.5mm mini plug (CTIA standard)
Please note: Nintendo cannot guarantee functionality with all products.
Game card slotExclusively for Nintendo Switch game cards.
microSD card slotCompatible with microSD, microSDHC and microSDXC memory cards. Please read our microSD Card FAQ for more information on compatible microSD cards.

Please note: an update via an internet connection is required to use microSDXC memory cards.
SensorsAccelerometer / gyroscope / brightness sensor
Operating environmentTemperature: 5 - 35°C / Humidity: 20 - 80%
Internal batteryLithium ion battery / battery capacity 4310mAh
Please note: the internal battery cannot be removed. If the battery needs to be replaced, it can be replaced for a fee via Nintendo Customer Support.
Battery lifeApprox. 4.5-9 hours

The battery life will depend on the games you play. For instance, the battery will last approximately 5.5 hours for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
Charging time3 hours approx.
Please note: this is the time taken to charge while the console is in sleep mode.

Looks the same as the current switch. Larger HDD doubled the size there.

Tegra all the way baby!

Banjo64

cumsessed
I like white and black, would go very well with the Series S and PS5 in a set up. I like Oleds, my Vita was a beauty. I don’t like everything else, from performance to the price and shoddy build quality of the controller. Won’t be buying.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Great option if you don't already have a switch. Slightly bigger screen and OLED is worth the $50 premium.

It's not going to make me double-dip though.

Mister Wolf

I'm kinda glad they don't have a Pro Switch so I'm not tempted. I expect the Switch successor to be announced late next year. I've seen them pull this move before.

Impotaku

I'm rather enjoying watching people implode on here as they were stupid enough to believe all the fake rumours. Thanks nintendo, was totally worth you revealing that update for this alone, maybe next time gamers wont put so much faith in "leaks" LOOOL

Last edited:
Love it, OLED is king! Anyone expecting 4k on a handheld from nintendo or much better specs are delusional.

The oled screen will make it so much better, really looking forward to it, i loved my oled vita

Last edited:
All this waiting for something like this?! I can't believe Nintendo did one of the Nintendo hahaha. Can't wait for when we get the new New Switch with better specs :messenger_tears_of_joy:

MiguelItUp

It's a slightly updated Switch, and that's really it. Cool for folks that don't have one, definitely the better model to get. In the end it's just Nintendo doing what Nintendo has always done, especially with handheld devices. 🤷‍♂️

I really don't understand why or how people were expecting a serious Switch performance upgrade.

kunonabi

Performance enhancements didn't matter to me but i wanted form factor and QC improvements so this means I'm probably still not buying a Switch.

Last edited:
Top Bottom