• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New trailer for Beyond: Two Souls - PS3's swan song?

UrbanRats

Looks great, aside from the horse riding and the military face paint, which i'm afraid will take a turn for the ridiculous.

Quasar

I like what i'm hearing, but artdirection wise and immersion wise (atmosphere, animation and graphics) they are running one gen behind on Naughty Dog imo.

Well they do have half or less than a ND game budget.

I can't wait, Heavy Rain is one of my fave PS3 games. And its good to see new PS3 games published by Sony this late.

Neiteio

Wait, this comes out Oct. 8? Thought it was like next month or June, lol.

HOW I GONNA BALANCE DIS WIT MAH POKEYMANZ

Neiteio

I peeked into the Tribeca Film Festival thread and I see people talking about this game suffering from tearing. It also seems like there will be a PS4 version? Someone tell me what the hell's going on, lol.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
a12qwn.gif

CHARTED

Tesseract

Banned
looks like a big dumb b movie, maybe slightly better than uve boll's shit. reminds me of those sega cd movie games. and oh lords what terrible voice work.

David Cage seems to be trying too hard, which is Beyond's blessing and curse at the same time. It does look emotional in a way that has rarely been seen in videogames but the game's audio-visual language is taken straight from mainstream cinema, down to the cookie-cutter music, camera angles and dialogue (the characters do talk as if they were in a movie, it doesn't sound natural).

Thorakai

I'm much more interested in trying this out compared to Heavy Rain, its great that Sony is helping push for more variety in gaming with games like this. Looking forward to trying this out!

Man, what an awesome direction for QD.

They went from fake NEWJOIZY accents to full on Hollywood voice acting. Only drawback of Heavy Rain for sure. Glad to see it being re compensated and beyond.

Day 0.

MormaPope

Banned
David Cage seems to be trying too hard, which is Beyond's blessing and curse at the same time. It does look emotional in a way that has rarely been seen in videogames but the game's audio-visual language is taken straight from mainstream cinema, down to the cookie-cutter music, camera angles and dialogue (the characters do talk as if they were in a movie, it doesn't sound natural).

All this irks me because he's trying to be the poster child for "this is how we bring together film and videogames, as one form, better together." Yet he's potentially creating something that's average or mediocre for both mediums.

~Kinggi~

Banned
That really does look incredible. I hope all you bitches realize whats happening here. Big budget funds going straight toward the crap that barely exists anymore. Truly an anomaly i approve of.

Tesseract

Banned
All this irks me because he's trying to be the poster child for "this is how we bring together film and videogames, as one form, better together." Yet he's potentially creating something that's average or mediocre for both mediums.

there's only one kojima.

cameron

Yea, the difference in animation quality from scene to scene, character to character, is a bit jarring. But it is understandable, considering the amount of content.

Yea, the difference in animation quality from scene to scene, character to character, is a bit jarring. But it is understandable, considering the amount of content.

Agreed, but there's several months until it release so ya never know! I hope they fix some of the screen tearing.

IHaveIce

Banned
Looks good, didn't really follow the game's cycle of news, is the gameplay Heavy Rain like?

if yes, won't buy. Heavy Rain was terrible IMO (not only because of the Gameplay of course but still)

I guess we really have entered the next round console wars. The top comments for this video are all console war related. I would've at least thought things would've remained relatively calm for a few more months.

I guess we really have entered the next round console wars. The top comments for this video are all console war related. I would've at least thought things would've remained relatively calm for a few more months.

Youtube comments are always idiotic though...do yourself a favor and get the, "Herp Derp Youtube" extension off Chrome store :p

Honey Bunny

Well they do have half or less than a ND game budget.

I can't wait, Heavy Rain is one of my fave PS3 games. And its good to see new PS3 games published by Sony this late.

I think they're pretty even actually. Heavy Rain dev cost 16 mil euros and Uncharted 2 cost 20 mil dollars.

I'll wait a few months for a PS4 port.

Regardless, I think it will be a PS4 launch title.

I don't think it's a very good idea to have too many exclusive launch titles. One or two is ok...I mean you expect people to buy an expensive system and one or two games on top. Providing too many launch titles will only hurt Sony. Especially in this case, since PS4 might be launching with Battlefield 4, Watch_Dogs etc

Top Bottom