• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Twilight Princess info in Nintendo Power

mugwhump

kirbutashi said:
Anyone think those dual clawshots will be used in an interesting way in battles along with swinging around, or just act as a replacement for WW's grappling hook cutscenes?
:(
Hookshot was pretty interesting in battles in WW. You could bring lighter enemies to you and spin attack them. Or, you could pull yourself towards heavy enemies; when you reach them, you're in the air, and you can jump slash them. :D

Gameplay spoilers:
I'm glad they're combining hookshot and grappling hook, they were rather redundant in WW.
Anyways, this is almost all awesome news.
I like how they're expanding the uses of items, even if some of them sound rather silly (A ball and chain and a spinner platform? That's as bad as Minish Cap's mole mitts.)
5 heart pieces in a container, means the game will be harder, and there will be more heart pieces to find :D . Unless they had to do that because you get more hearts from dungeons.
Midna laughing through the Wiimote is AWESOME, screw you haters. I doubt it will be annoying, as she's definately not a navi-esque character.
Now, I'm not entirely sold on the wolf combat. I like the idea of making mauling gestures, but it just sounds too straightforward. Can the wolf Z-target? It might be fun having to dodge attacks with no shield.

Did it say anything about the number of dungeons?

Johnas

mugwhump said:
A bunch of crap I should have spoilered

Dude, please spoiler that. I know you can make the argument that people shouldn't enter the thread based on the title alone, but that's a lot of info.

jett

D-Member
FIVE heart pieces to make one whole? I wish they'd just ****ing discard the whole heart pieces system and go back to the way of the original.

jett

D-Member
AniHawk said:
Yyyyyyyyyyyyyno.

Meh, personally I hate searching for those heart pieces, and I hate the pussyfied difficulty of all post-AoL Zeldas. Are hearts in TP gonna break into 5 pieces before a whole gets depleted now? Zelda 1 had it best: only halves.

AniHawk

jett said:
Meh, personally I hate searching for those heart pieces, and I hate the pussyfied difficulty of all post-AoL Zeldas. Are hearts in TP gonna break into 5 pieces before a whole gets depleted now? Zelda 1 had it best: only halves.
The article said that if anything hits you: an enemy's broadsword, an arrow, or a leaf from a tree (infused with evil twilight power), it'll take away 1/5 of your life.

AniHawk said:
The article said that if anything hits you: an enemy's broadsword, an arrow, or a leaf from a tree (infused with evil twilight power), it'll take away 1/5 of your life.

I fear for the fall season in Hyrule forest then.

AniHawk said:

Just 1/5 across all enemy hits, or varying increments of 1/5?

AniHawk

The former. Nintendo said they didn't want it to be too hard for newcomers- who they're aiming the game towards (hence the more 'likeable' LotR artstyle).

Drakken

AniHawk said:
The former. Nintendo said they didn't want it to be too hard for newcomers- who they're aiming the game towards (hence the more 'likeable' LotR artstyle).

Bummer if true. Part of what makes enemies like Iron Knuckles more fearsome is that they take (well, took) away multiple hearts. When all the enemies take away a fraction of one heart, it's kind of, "eh."

Or wait, are you joking?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Drakken said:
Bummer if true. Part of what makes enemies like Iron Knuckles more fearsome is that they take (well, took) away multiple hearts. When all the enemies take away a fraction of one heart, it's kind of, "eh."

Or wait, are you joking?
he's joking. If you've been following TP at all, you'd know that Nintendo's directly addressing complaints of the lack of difficulty in WW. I can't find a source, but I recall someone from nintendo saying that TP would be one of the hardest zeldas

Just think of trying to cross this:

falling_leaves4.gif

Not so easy I tell you!

Please, stop the misinformation, AniHawk! Next thing you know joystiq or some other gamer blog will post a news story about it...>_<'

Kelsonk

AniHawk said:

If you mean 1/5 of a heart, that is incredibly gay. I thought it was ridiculous in WW when 1/4 of a heart was taken away from an enemy hit, and that game was incredibly easy. When you get ten hearts, you can get hit fifty times?

unifin

Kelsonk said:
If you mean 1/5 of a heart, that is incredibly gay. I thought it was ridiculous in WW when 1/4 of a heart was taken away from an enemy hit, and that game was incredibly easy. When you get ten hearts, you can get hit fifty times?

Anihawk strikes again!

Seriously, though - it's getting annoying, man.

AniHawk said:
It's ALWAYS more fun discovering shit in-game than not.

Dude, those aren´t huge spoilers in the least. Nothing of importance in any case. Now, if it was revealed that Link is in fact gay, that Zelda is a man in women´s clothes that all happen to go looking for some back door action from Ganon, now that´d be a huge spoiler.

This?? It´s total and complete overreaction. There's a type of hookshot in the game? OMG SPOILER AM TOTAL!!

Maridia

Logan Cano said:
Dude, those aren´t huge spoilers in the least. Nothing of importance at least. Now, if it was revealed that Link is in fact a queer and that Zelda is a man in women´s clothes that all happen to go looking for some back door action from Ganon, now that´d be a huge spoiler.

This?? It´s total and complete overreaction.
There's a type of hookshot in the game?
OMG SPOILER AM TOTAL!!

Can you please add spoiler tags to your post? Thanks.

AniHawk

Logan Cano said:
Now, if it was revealed that Link is in fact a queer and that Zelda is a man in women´s clothes that all happen to go looking for some back door action from Ganon, now that´d be a huge spoiler.

Uh... This is The Legend of Zelda, not Final Fantasy X.

Amir0x

Banned
5 heart pieces to fill up a container... sounds like there's gonna be a whole lot more heart pieces to find in this game. Which, to me anyway, indicates a longer game :D

mugwhump

^^
Or it just means you get more heart containers from boss battles. Link can only have a certain number of hearts, you know. Although I'm sure this will be the biggest Zelda yet.:D

Ancestor said:
Dude, please spoiler that. I know you can make the argument that people shouldn't enter the thread based on the title alone, but that's a lot of info.
Sorry. At least I didn't give away any plot spoilers, though.
Those were kinda big.
And I read them all. :(

thefro

The "ball and chain" (which I expect will be essentially a mace/whip) and dual hookclaws (ala Spiderman's webslingers) should both be amazing to use with the Wiimote.

mugwhump said:
^^
Or it just means you get more heart containers from boss battles. Link can only have a certain number of hearts, you know. Although I'm sure this will be the biggest Zelda yet.:D

Sounds like the game will be harder. You'll either have to search for heart pieces or sweat out boss battles.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Amir0x said:
5 heart pieces to fill up a container... sounds like there's gonna be a whole lot more heart pieces to find in this game. Which, to me anyway, indicates a longer game :D
oh great, pad out the game time with a cheap collectathon.

sounds familiar

Branduil said:
Aeris dies.

WHAT? NO!!! Why didn't you spoil that!?!? I'm playing through FF7 NOWW!!!! NOOO!!!

Btw, this sounds really stupid. Minish Cap/Wind Waker syndrome it seems like, all the items you get and only use in like one or two puzzles.

unifin

Scrow said:

sounds familiar

An entirely optional collectathon that encourages exploration of the game world and enhances replay value for completionists, rather than making it mandatory?

Yeah, sounds about right.

Amir0x

Banned
Scrow said:

sounds familiar

It's not padding the game, if the game is much longer it makes sense to have more heart pieces to balance the entire thing out.

Of course, i know where you're trying to lead it but sorry you're wrong about that too.

AniHawk

Amir0x said:
It's not padding the game, if the game is much longer it makes sense to have more heart pieces to balance the entire thing out.

Of course, i know where you're trying to lead it but sorry you're wrong about that too.
Yeah, The Wind Waker was a great game.

Kangu

Banned
Ugh, more heart containers? So we're going to have a wide range of sidequest ranging from pitifully simple to mind-numbingly dull to awesomely difficult and, no matter what, we're going to get rewarded with heart pieces?

How about some actual endgame content for once Nintendo??! I want a mother ****ing mega sword/hammer/ice-pick/shovel or something. Something that's an actual reward I can enjoy. Having more health isn't really enjoyable at all. Unless you suck.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Kangu said:
How about some actual endgame content for once Nintendo??!
how can you have more content at the end of the game? if it's the end of the game go out and buy another one, you've finished that one. this isn't an MMO.

Top Bottom