• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Twilight Princess info in Nintendo Power

gamergirly said:
What happened to that whole mirror flop thing? If you wanted LHed, you chose LHanded at beginning of game, etc.?

I don't know if that was ever official. Miyamoto basically said they made Link right handed because most Wii owners are right handed, and so people assumed the option would still be there for lefties.

I still think it will be, really. Just an option at the start. And I doubt you'll need to hold the Wiimote the relative way, so no one will be able to bitch.

I'll make Link a leftie, just for histories sake.

I would just like to make one last point, and not derail this thread any further:

Walk into any public library or campus or any place that uses public computers, and you will see the mouse setup is placed to be used at your right hand. Look at the Nintendo DS. It has games that go out of their way to accomodate left handers, but the fact that they do so indicates that the system would be more accomodating from the getgo to right handers. Look at the placement of the stylus holder - it is easier for your right hand to grab it and draw it out, both for the original and Lite. Face buttons, in general, receive more intensive use and require greater thumb/finger strength than the D-pad. It's placed at the right side of the conventional controller/handheld. Walk into a restuarant, and observe the placement of the cutlery. Again, easier for right handers to use.

That's the entire reason why I was apparently forced to use (and subsequently grow used to) using my right hand. Not because my mother believed that right handers were any better (they aren't) but because it would be a series of inconveniences that I would not have to deal with as I grew up.

Insignificant? Perhaps. But then I see no reason why which hand I use (or was forced to use) in life should hold any more significance (to the point of concluding only 'inbred villages' carry out this practice, even. Thanks for insulting my family, by the way.).

It's not an issue of pride, or any 'ideals'. It's simply an issue of practicality and efficiency (something Singaporeans, by and large, are infamous for anyway), fitting to a world that, subconsciously or otherwise, is more accomodating to right-handed people.

There. If you still find something horribly wrong with the idea of me being forced to use my right hand over my left, please PM me (let's not derail this thread any further).

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
why do people find it so interesting what hand Link uses to hold his sword? It's not like his personality is built on his south-paw.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Brobzoid said:
why do people find it so interesting what hand Link uses to hold his sword? It's not like his personality is built on his south-paw.
NeoGAF: We Bitch About EVERYTHING

Brobzoid

so, are we feeling confident that Link has the same eye color as all the previous games? I know it would be a insult on my penis size if it was anything else.

Beezy

Pureauthor said:
I would just like to make one last point, and not derail this thread any further:

Walk into any public library or campus or any place that uses public computers, and you will see the mouse setup is placed to be used at your right hand. Look at the Nintendo DS. It has games that go out of their way to accomodate left handers, but the fact that they do so indicates that the system would be more accomodating from the getgo to right handers. Look at the placement of the stylus holder - it is easier for your right hand to grab it and draw it out, both for the original and Lite. Face buttons, in general, receive more intensive use and require greater thumb/finger strength than the D-pad. It's placed at the right side of the conventional controller/handheld. Walk into a restuarant, and observe the placement of the cutlery. Again, easier for right handers to use.

That's the entire reason why I was apparently forced to use (and subsequently grow used to) using my right hand. Not because my mother believed that right handers were any better (they aren't) but because it would be a series of inconveniences that I would not have to deal with as I grew up.

Insignificant? Perhaps. But then I see no reason why which hand I use (or was forced to use) in life should hold any more significance (to the point of concluding only 'inbred villages' carry out this practice, even. Thanks for insulting my family, by the way.).

It's not an issue of pride, or any 'ideals'. It's simply an issue of practicality and efficiency (something Singaporeans, by and large, are infamous for anyway), fitting to a world that, subconsciously or otherwise, is more accomodating to right-handed people.

There. If you still find something horribly wrong with the idea of me being forced to use my right hand over my left, please PM me (let's not derail this thread any further).

I don't understand why you or your mother thinks that left handed people can't use the same thing that right handed people use. You think we buy everything tailor made for lefty's?

And how the hell do games on the DS "go out of their way" to accomodate leftys? All they do is switch the d-pad functions to the ABXY buttons so that we can use the stylus with our left hand. Writing with your right hand is like the only thing that a lefty can't do.

Brobzoid said:
so, are we feeling confident that Link has the same eye color as all the previous games? I know it would be a insult on my penis size if it was anything else.

He looks alright to me. I sure wouldnt want a red or yellow eyed Link. Handed choice is one thing, eye color is something else.

Brobzoid

gamergirly said:
He looks alright to me. I sure wouldnt want a red or yellow eyed Link. Handed choice is one thing, eye color is something else.

my sarcasm detector gone off the deep end again...?

Brobzoid

gah! you're all too cryptic for me! I'm bailing out! every man for himself!

D:

Branduil

I always thought it was odd that movement was relegated on controllers to the left side (D-pad, Analog). I've always viewed movement as primary so it seemed like controllers catered to lefties.

Also,
leftoriumll2.jpg

The ultimate bonus for zelda would be a mini game where you get to fight in Colosseum like in Gladiator. The Colosseum arena would be featured in Hyrule Castle Town where thousands of peasants are entertained by warriors seeking for great prizes.

The gameplay would involve you signing up to fight a variety of seasons and novice warriors with their own unique weapons. When you sign up you are placed in a roster that sets up 2 warriors together. When you defeat your oppoenent you move on to the next warrior and until you reach the top dog. Warrior types could be characters that carry chain maces, eastern swords, hyrulian type of weapons,etc.

The true bonus feature for this though would be online mode for the game when you beat Zelda. Imagine fighting other people online with the zelda combat system. The online version would feature character creation. Now that would be awesome. If you beat someone in a match you would earn ruppees to buy exclusive items for you to use in the online Colosseum.

This bonus would be even better if Nintendo made the sword combat close to 1:1 though.

Kangu

Banned
GeneralIroh said:
The ultimate bonus for zelda would be a mini game where you get to fight in Colosseum like in Gladiator. The Colosseum arena would be featured in Hyrule Castle Town where thousands of peasants are entertained by warriors seeking for great prizes.

The gameplay would involve you signing up to fight a variety of seasons and novice warriors with their own unique weapons. When you sign up you are placed in a roster that sets up 2 warriors together. When you defeat your oppoenent you move on to the next warrior and until you reach the top dog. Warrior types could be characters that carry chain maces, eastern swords, hyrulian type of weapons,etc.

The true bonus feature for this though would be online mode for the game when you beat Zelda. Imagine fighting other people online with the zelda combat system. The online version would feature character creation. Now that would be awesome. If you beat someone in a match you would earn ruppees to buy exclusive items for you to use in the online Colosseum.

Or you could get heart containers wooo!

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Or screw both ideas wohooooo!!

omgaf where have you gone ;(

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Brobzoid said:
so, are we feeling confident that Link has the same eye color as all the previous games?

sadsm.jpg

As for the 5 heart piece thing, I think it's a great idea. As someone said, having more heart pieces will require searching more, so if you don't want to do that, then you have less hearts to fight with, therefore making the game a bit more challenging.

methodman

Banned
Oblivion said:
As for the 5 heart piece thing, I think it's a great idea. As someone said, having more heart pieces will require searching more, so if you don't want to do that, then you have less hearts to fight with, therefore making the game a bit more challenging.

Yeah, but looking for some of the heart pieces is also challenging. what a conundrum!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Man, you guys complain when a zelda is too short or too easy, now you're complaining about it being too long or too hard.

:lol

mugwhump

GeneralIroh said:

This bonus would be even better if Nintendo made the sword combat close to 1:1 though

That part would be a total mess. A colliseum would be cool, though. :D

How would the online mode be a mess? It basically be a simple deathmatch where u can change ur character's appearance like soul calibur 3.

GeneralIroh said:
How would the online mode be a mess? It basically be a simple deathmatch where u can change ur character's appearance like soul calibur 3.

You know it won't happen. Now go back to whatever Zelda fan site this idea comes from.

Top Bottom