• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Twilight Princess info in Nintendo Power

Kangu

Banned
Scrow said:
how can you have more content at the end of the game? if it's the end of the game go out and buy another one, you've finished that one. this isn't an MMO.

Seeing as Zelda is an RPG, or at least it claimed to be at one point, I'd like to see content akin to what you get at the end of a Final Fantasy game: Ultimate weapons, ultimate bosses, and ultimate dungeons. Something for hardcore players, with Zelda level polish naturaly.

Of course all of that is mostly wishfull thinking, but I think Nintendo could deliver some ultimate weapons as opposed to more ****ing heart containers.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Kangu said:
Seeing as Zelda is an RPG, or at least it claimed to be at one point, I'd like to see content akin to what you get at the end of a Final Fantasy game: Ultimate weapons, ultimate bosses, and ultimate dungeons. Something for hardcore players, with Zelda level polish naturaly.
GTFO!

Amir0x

Banned
Actually, Kangu is right about one thing... it'd be rad to have a ultra difficult 'bonus' dungeon where at the end you fight a special boss. That'd be great, actually. Even as free downloadable content!

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Amir0x said:
Actually, Kangu is right about one thing... it'd be rad to have a ultra difficult 'bonus' dungeon where at the end you fight a special boss. That'd be great, actually. Even as free downloadable content!
yeah, but then that becomes the end of the game. you can't have "end-game content" in a game that actually ends. :p

Amir0x

Banned
Scrow said:
yeah, but then that becomes the end of the game. you can't have "end-game content" in a game that actually ends. :p

No, it'd just be something you can do before facing the final boss. Like, how you finally unlock these bonus challenges and can tackle them at your leisure

Kandinsky

Kangu said:
Ugh, more heart containers? So we're going to have a wide range of sidequest ranging from pitifully simple to mind-numbingly dull to awesomely difficult and, no matter what, we're going to get rewarded with heart pieces?

How about some actual endgame content for once Nintendo??! I want a mother ****ing mega sword/hammer/ice-pick/shovel or something. Something that's an actual reward I can enjoy. Having more health isn't really enjoyable at all. Unless you suck.
So you already played and finished the game :O

The Black Brad Pitt said:
I fell asleep during that games intro.

Worst game ever.

Yeah, me too, but then as the sun was rising, I woke up and realized the actual gameplay just started, so it was all good.

Xrenity

More info from a Dutch mag
You lose the horse early on in the game.
This to make you feel 'hopeless', when you enter Hyrule and think you'll have to travel this huge environment by foot.

And
You can get items in shops, and one shop will ask insane amounts of rupees for their stuff, while others are much cheaper

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Kangu said:
How about some actual endgame content for once Nintendo??! I want a mother ****ing mega sword/hammer/ice-pick/shovel or something. Something that's an actual reward I can enjoy. Having more health isn't really enjoyable at all. Unless you suck.
Did you play windwaker?
sunken hyrule
leading up to an awesome endboss battle? I mean, I guess the zelda before tWW lacked endgame content, since it didn't have some sort of character altering optional demon mask, or a battle with the moon crashing into the earth or anything.

if you want fat loot play diablo, if you want some sort of endgame uber weapon play final fantasy. IF there was one thing the last three zelda games lacked it wasn't a compelling endgame.

Gallagher

Banned
Xrenity said:
More info from a Dutch mag
You lose the horse early on in the game.
This to make you feel 'hopeless', when you enter Hyrule and think you'll have to travel this huge environment by foot.

lol SotC

;)

Xrenity

Roelatie said:
Xrenity, can you scan the magazine? and does it have new pictures?
Ehhhm I guess I could, but there's no new screenshots and this was basically the only information :p

Nice to know though was that the writer claims to have the final version, but wait for the review till he played through it all.

Don't know how true that is.

Roelatie

Xrenity said:
Ehhhm I guess I could, but there's no new screenshots and this was basically the only information :p

Nice to know though was that the writer claims to have the final version, but wait for the review till he played through it all.

Don't know how true that is.
LoL, what magazine is it. And does it say something about the controls being good.

Xrenity

Roelatie said:
LoL, what magazine is it. And does it say something about the controls being good.
Power Unlimited.

It basically doesn't say much about controls, it's just about the game itself. Apart from pointing out 'pressing this button or moving the WiiMote'. Guess we'll hear more in the review ;)

Roelatie

Xrenity said:
Power Unlimited.

It basically doesn't say much about controls, it's just about the game itself. Apart from pointing out 'pressing this button or moving the WiiMote'. Guess we'll hear more in the review ;)
Jurjen probably :p. I think he meant the final e3 build :lol

Kandinsky said:
How about some actual endgame content for once Nintendo?

If by that you mean Boss Rush Mode then yes.

I'd like a "3 Hearts Mode" too, like, you beat the game and then when you replay it there's no way to gain more health at all. It could be done in OoT, but in Majora's Mask there were so much pieces of heart you could pick almost by accident.

Johnas

mugwhump said:
Sorry. At least I didn't give away any plot spoilers, though.
Those were kinda big.
And I read them all. :(

It's cool, mainly just trying to protect you from a fanboy onslaught. ;)

maxmars

Gallagher said:

That's curious.. In the latest NRU (official Nintendo magazine in Italy) there were a couple of shots in a "special feature" piece that really reminded me of SotC.

Xdrive05

How about end-game content where a totally random and awesome secret is revealed if you beat the game, like a new weapon or means of transport, so on your next play through you get to find it. That would make the most sense in Zelda. It wouldn't have to be quite like SotC, but at least it's something. And the game can fix it so you do really have to beat the game once first.

With the Wiimote+Nunchuck combo being seperated and thus you able to hold either one in either hand, one ponders why Nintendo did not add the ability to simply tell the game "im left handed!" and it then return Link to his origin form (left handed) so that lefties dont have to swing with their right arm.

In fairness I doubt it will be particularly hard to adapt (im left handed myself) as swinging a sword does not need the dexterity required to write, but it still would seem logical to give the option, especially as Miyamoto is left handed.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Mr. TV Goggles said:
Wow that sounds a lot like Okami. Too bad the game bombed and killed Clover. LOL

Yea, it's really too bad people don't buy amazing games.

midna laughing ****ing owns.

I'm left-handed by birth, but my mom forced me to become right-handed for writing (she bought me an endless amount of colouring books and made me colour all of them with my right hand), so I guess this decision doesn't affect me much either way.

Still would be nice to be able to mirror the whole game, though.

loosus

Banned
They need to make it like Metal Gear Solid, where you get a weapon at the end that allows you to totally blow through the game on your second playthrough just for fun.

But only if I didn't have to see the dialogue and cutscenes in the second playthrough, to make playing through it more tolerable.

Pureauthor said:
I'm left-handed by birth, but my mom forced me to become right-handed for writing (she bought me an endless amount of colouring books and made me colour all of them with my right hand), so I guess this decision doesn't affect me much either way.

Still would be nice to be able to mirror the whole game, though.

People still do that? How horrible.

So it's confirmed there is no way to have link Left handed on the Wii version? No LH mode? Bleh.

Dragona Akehi said:
It's the kind of thing people did when "left handed" was equated with being the devil...

:lol

She did it because, like many people have observed, the world seemingly caters more to the right-handers of the world, as we've already seen in this very thread. Nothing much to do with 'the devil', although I admit I was probably a little brat as a kid.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
I am sooo, sooooo tempted to look at these spoilers, but I don't want to know too much. It's killing me!

Fake edit: gave in to the temptation and read Xrenity's post... Nintendo definitely seems to be on the right track with Twilight Princess, it's kinda amazing. I mean, it's Nintendo.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Dragona Akehi said:
It's the kind of thing people did when "left handed" was equated with being the devil...

but when you write with your left, you hand smothers the ink when you pull your hand over it!! D:

Dragona Akehi said:
Precisely.

But anyway, it's confirmed no LH mode for Zelda Wii? How lame is that?

I dunno if it's confirmed, I assumed because it hasn't been mentioned (as far as I know - but im a bit behind on the news). Considering that left handed animations must exist (as link is left handed in GC version) it would almost seem impossible to imagine them not putting it in... but then this is Nintendo, and all though I love them and their gaming goodness, they dont half make some dumbass decissions, even now when they are on the road to huge success (with DS) they continue to **** up.

loosus said:
Uh, people have forced their kids to be right-handed? What kinda inbred villages do you people live in?

The 'inbred village' I live in happens to have the highest standard of living in Asia, and 11th in the world, thank you very much. (Or 3rd and 25th respectively, depending on source)

Seriously, you people act like it's a crime that I know write with my right hand instead of my left or something.

trh said:
I am sooo, sooooo tempted to look at these spoilers, but I don't want to know too much. It's killing me!

Fake edit: gave in to the temptation and read Xrenity's post... Nintendo definitely seems to be on the right track with Twilight Princess, it's kinda amazing. I mean, it's Nintendo.

There really isn't much in the way of spoilers, to be honest. Nothing you couldn't already guess from seeing the trailers, but it is nice to see it all written out "officially".

Captain AHat said:
I dunno if it's confirmed, I assumed because it hasn't been mentioned (as far as I know - but im a bit behind on the news). Considering that left handed animations must exist (as link is left handed in GC version) it would almost seem impossible to imagine them not putting it in... but then this is Nintendo, and all though I love them and their gaming goodness, they dont half make some dumbass decissions, even now when they are on the road to huge success (with DS) they continue to **** up.

What happened to that whole mirror flop thing? If you wanted LHed, you chose LHanded at beginning of game, etc.?

Top Bottom