• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Uncharted: Golden Abyss Screenshots

The_Monk

Takao said:
Vita doesn't have a TV out port on the production units (though the devkits do). Probably because Sony still wants to sell PS3s in Japan. So don't expect a true union between Vita and TV until PS4.

Thank you for answering :)

French

Banned
The best part of Uncharted is the singleplayer, so I'm glad that they worked hard on it.

No need for multiplayer, especially since that's their first Uncharted game.

Takao

Banned
thuway said:
With all the time they spent an online mode should have been in the works.

Well, Vita will likely launch in North America in March, so hey there's time for them to add an online mode if they get help from a certain someone.

BumRush

BDGAME said:
WoW! This game looks freaking amazing for a portable. I can believe a first gen game can look that good!

For this comparison, the vita game has a better Drake as grass models and better leaf textures.
But the Ps3 has better light, a lot more geometry, better rock textures and, I believe better physics, but this we can't see in pics.

This game is not looking better than uncharted 1 on Ps3... but its look SO GOOD for a portable game and have so many details, that make the Vita look more impressive than PSP when first showed (it was very impressive for its time too).
I think this is an accurate statement for sure...the Drake model is quite good in GC and although the graphics as a whole don't look as good as DF (especially the lighting) it looks absolutely beautiful for a handheld game...easily the best I've seen.

thuway

Is anyone else disappointed in the facial animation in the preview trailer? The game looks awesome in stills but the cutscenes leave a bit to be desired.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
m7ue7tfjzq.gif

Ryuuga

Banned
thuway said:
Is anyone else disappointed in the facial animation in the preview trailer? The game looks awesome in stills but the cutscenes leave a bit to be desired.

Yeah, so much in fact that it puts me off buying a vita all together.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
If the cutscene:gameplay ratio is similar to the other games, then it'd bode well for GA's length. It has over 2 hours of cutscenes apparently, vs UC2 which had less than 2 (IIRC).

gofreak said:
If the cutscene:gameplay ratio is similar to the other games, then it'd bode well for GA's length. It has over 2 hours of cutscenes apparently, vs UC2 which had less than 2 (IIRC).

the game supposedly have more puzzle, that might help slower the pace and make the game last longer.

also, the game feature in game camera that you can use at anytime to take pictures (with gyro sensor so it's like taking picture with actual camera). if you don't take out your camera every now and then to take pictures of it's beautiful environment, then Sony Bend has failed their jobs. :p

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
PSYGN said:
Would it be difficult to port the latest GTA and Saint's Row games to the Vita (heck, I'd love to see a Red Dead Redemption game as well)?

I remember being amazed at the PSP when we got our GTA fix on it. I want my mind to be asploded again!
I think it's very safe to say at this point that anything that can be made to run on todays consoles, can be made to run on this handheld, and with minimal sacrifices. Everything we've seen so far has been confirming this. There's nothing magical about GTA4 that would make it any different.

Lord Error said:
I think it's very safe to say at this point that anything that can be made to run on todays consoles, can be made to run on this handheld, and with minimal sacrifices. Everything we've seen so far has been confirming this. There's nothing magical about GTA4 that would make it any different.

GTA IV isn't even the best looking open world game on the PS3...Infamous 2 looks alot better visually.

Anyway, Uncharted Vita looks great...I am probably more impressed by Gravity Daze however...looks fantastic

Mr_Brit

Banned
Lord Error said:
Lolz. You show me something approaching RDR, GTA IV, Halo Reach, UC3 or KZ3. Whilst Uncharted looks good it looks nowhere near those games on a technical level, not even close.

Man said:
Dude. Trophies on a handheld.

Still shocked by it TBH, surely the Vita will be hacked pretty fast and people will be getting trophies left right and center thus destroying the whole system?

kyo_daikun said:
Still shocked by it TBH, surely the Vita will be hacked pretty fast and people will be getting trophies left right and center thus destroying the whole system?
May just be my ignorance but how is this handheld going to be different than the consoles? Online verification will almost assuredly take place.

Duffyside

Banned
kyo_daikun said:
That wouldn't ruin anything for me. I like getting trophies for my own enjoyment, and don't care at all about having the most trophies in the world. I do care about my friends' trophy lists, but I'm pretty sure no one on my friends list is that kind of loser. ... They're totally different kinds of losers.

Xiaoki said:
So....

is Sony Bend still considered a "B-tier" developer that is not good enough for PS3?
Absolutely not, and anyone who does is preposterous. Same with Ready At Dawn, those guys have more talent than most other console devs.

whitehawk

Banned
dr_rus said:
You do understand that this shot is the least impressive of them all because that's just one log, Nathan and a somewhat blurry texture in the background, right?
STOP SAYING THIS! I DON'T CARE HOW THEY DECIDED TO PRESENT THE BACKGROUND, IT LOOKS AMAZING AND THAT'S ALL I CARE ABOUT!

Mr_Zombie

kyo_daikun said:
If you care about comparing your e-peen with others e-peens, then yes.
But if you're just considering trophies as a "to-do list" you want to complete, then I don't see how someone hacking his own device can spoil the fun for you.

Apath

French said:
The best part of Uncharted is the singleplayer, so I'm glad that they worked hard on it.

No need for multiplayer, especially since that's their first Uncharted game.
Wait.... Is there no multiplayer for sure or has this still not been confirmed? I just can't see myself buying this game at launch if I'm going to max out on it in less than 10 hours. I'd rather just wait a bit and get it used or, at the very least, buy a game with much better longevity for launch.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Mr_Brit said:
Lolz. You show me something approaching RDR, GTA IV, Halo Reach, UC3 or KZ3. Whilst Uncharted looks good it looks nowhere near those games on a technical level, not even close.
Uncharted looks close enough to Uncharted on PS3 that it doesn't matter whether it's matching it on technical level. Considering that it's being compared to the most impressive looking game of its game type, that's very impressive. On paper, hardware is close enough as well, and probably with ability to stream content faster than a blu ray can, which matters a lot in an open world game. On top of that, Rage engine that powers Rockstar's games is very flexible. If a 'proper' GTA game is not made for this handheld it will be because Rockstar doesn't see it as financially viable, not because it can't be made technically.

Takao said:
Well, Vita will likely launch in North America in March, so hey there's time for them to add an online mode if they get help from a certain someone.
U3 will come out on the first of November, so ND would have time to help out with the online.

DennisK4 said:
Golden Abyss - what a weird name.

Might as well have called it Uncharted: Golden Shower
So tell me Dennis, are you liking the graphics on the Vita?

PerZona

Crazy graphics. How is it possible that the graphics is like better or almost at the same standard as in Uncharted 1? @_@

French

Banned
Mr_Brit said:

Halo Reach isn't impressive.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
kyo_daikun said:
You can't do that, since the information is stored on Sony's servers. The sync won't happen if it is hacked.

French said:
Halo Reach isn't impressive.
It is impressive. Lighting effects are simply fantastic.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-halo-reach-tech-analysis-article

From a technical perspective, Halo: Reach is undoubtedly a colossal improvement over the previous games in the series: higher resolution without sacrificing HDR, tangibly improved poly counts, insane use of particles and alpha, far higher levels of dynamic lighting, four times the draw distance, four times the amount of enemy units... the list is seemingly never-ending. But for all its technical achievements, it's clearly still a Halo game. It looks like one, it plays like one - and that's all by design.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
its amazing how bad U2 and U3 make U1 look. and I was amazed when I first saw U1.

just agreeing with whoever said this is only the beginning. 2-3 years down the road, i can't even imagine what uncharted vita will look like. cause it looks great now.

French

Banned
Sullichin said:
err.. game is beautiful.

No. It looks good but it doesn't deserve to be in the same list as Uncharted / Killzone or open worlds like GTA IV.

It's not even in HD.

@ Meisadragon : "Halo: Reach is undoubtedly a colossal improvement over the previous games in the series" That wasn't difficult.

Top Bottom