• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Xbox One Rumors: PS4 PSN > XBL, snap crashes games, ES RAM life long bottleneck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now GAF is just a big pimple.

every tweet and rumor about the xbox one is a bunch of oil and dirt building up in that pimple

and as soon as bish or cboat squeak they will be the squeeze of doom from the fingers of information

the juicy, puss like truth will squirt and ooze out all over us.

dat-booty.gif

This is refreshing...more plz.

Man... y'all are not being fair with the licensing issues here. Theres a lot of stuff being ignored, oversimplified, etc re: that issue.

But there are ways to show it if they really wanted to, ie blurring out a bunch of stuff.

Was simple enough when it involved putting out a mock video wasn't it? Don't really see the big difference, I mean deals of this nature should already be done when you're console is about to launch. I mean they do plan to advertise this thing long-term and yet they can't do one live environment demo?

Crackbone

How come they obtained the license to show Pacific Rim in the mock up but not in a proper demonstration?

Yep, I'd like to know the answer to this as well.

I swear, the MS PR is so similar to the techniques they were using back during the HD-DVD/BD format war it's not even funny.

hoos30

Couldn't they just disable all of that gunk and put placeholder pictures and/or text, and state so in the video? It's like he's really trying to hide under a very, very small umbrella. Or fuck, just use first party stuff...

If the OS is really having all of these problems, do you want them to stop development just to make a video to satisfy the likes of us?

I'd rather they be cranking on the problems.

railGUN

Banned
MS doesn't have permission to show off their own dashboard? Am I reading this correctly? And there is also a logistical issue?

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
It would literally take them 10 minutes or less to blur out any unlicensed content with After Effects.
And just a little longer to create a demo environment with only content that didn't have licensing issues. Scaleability and virtualization are selling points of the cloud, after all.

PBY

Banned
Was simple enough when it involved putting out a mock video wasn't it? Don't really see the big difference, I mean deals of this nature should already be done when you're console is about to launch. I mean they do plan to advertise this thing long-term and yet they can't do one live environment demo?

Its not that simple. The deals can be in place, but they can't just go film a demo on a flip phone.

The bigger issue is that they just weren't prepared for this. But I have no issue w/ Pennello saying he can't just film one and throw it up right quick.

Guerilla

Penello seems unconcerned, but I'm not sure the tweets make much sense, since we know the Titanfall footage is stock:

udhknNj.png

Holy crap. A few weeks before launch and the company only has a representation of the UI? Does this happen frequently in big electronics launches?

Just as techgaf predicted. eSRAM + weak GPU = no parity with PS4
And the denial has been thick since then, which is what happens when people drop almost 1k on either device. I just wonder what ardent defenders will start saying once they see their friends' PS4s in action...

There's just no way paying more for less is an enviable position.

neemmss

Blur out the stuff you can't show. ****. It is NOT that hard.

Their answer to none of the rumors that have been popping up is not putting them in a good position. It is making them look even more worse that they are denying it. Who the fuck is running this sh*tshow?

eot

Banned
I'd be pretty surprised if you can go from watching a movie, to launching and joining a multiplayer game in the background in 5 seconds. I mean, he was sprinting before the game had even maximized on the screen lol.

It's Valtteri Bottas during a practice session for the F1 Monaco GP, he got the breaking wrong for the right hander (the track actually goes round where the PS4 label has been shopped on) and ran into a runoff escape road, instead of stopping he just span the car out of the escape lane and carried on :)

Gotcha... Thank you! But still... you have to admit... spinning out the F1 car like that which such precision and smoothness is quite a feat to pull off. I would love to be able to drive like that.

Edit:

I miss the Xbox from the Allard days. That man loved gaming and pushing the boundaries. It wanted to compete like no other.

What's not to understand about that Albert post? They got permission to use the Arrow and Pacific Rim footage. If they're really going to do a legit OS demo. They'd have to show live TV. If we can't upload stuff from TV to the internet due to copyright, Microsoft can't either.

Drakeon

I don't understand how they could screw up so badly when XBL was the one thing they had to nail, because it was the one thing they had that was undeniably better than Sony. They did so well last gen too.

Truly baffling. I'm already in for PS4, so I'm just excited to see what comes of this.

derfybzh

Albert , Major don't fuck up the launch I have believe in you and preorder Xbone ! I count on you, don't loose a fellow gamer !

I believe in you but I order a PS4 too just to be sure ... You know in case of ...

An interesting thing I've just seen (by simply searching on ebay UK for sold items), is that the profit margin on reselling either console is more or less the same, and half of it will be lost in ebay fees. It will be interesting to see how those prices change after the reviews start coming in.

If the consoles come out and there's a shortage of course those prices will go up. Especially on the hotter item. It's too early at this point

Donny

Dude, I normally bristle at the way Penello gets kicked around here, but that answer is laughable.

If the answer is "this was the real UI, we just trimmed out the parts that show the bits still under construction," say that.

If the answer is "there are the sort of small, annoying bugs visible in the current build that are on schedule to be addressed leading up to the launch," say that.

If the answer is "press release materials are further from the actual development environment than you assume, so there's a big delay from what we're working with now," say that.

If the answer is "We've got some newly introduced issues with the way the different elements interact in our test environment," just say nothing and don't bullshit us.

Don't give him any ideas man!!!

Into

Did he just confirm the UI videos are fake?

Not only that, he also confirmed that one of worlds richest companies in the world cannot:

A) Blur out the logos they have no license to show yet
B) The software engineering to remove them
C) They dont have enough money to hire one guy to cut a video or two.

There is being skeptical, then there is being down right naive

Man you know what?

It's still possible MS fixes it with a launch update but I have no doubt at all that right now, right at this very minute the OS the UI and likely live is effed up, effed up badly

Gaf hold me :(

DrM

Redmond's Baby
What I would give to be a fly on the wall inside those offices right now.

What in the fuck is going on over there.

Pure anarchy, people shouting, devkits putting random errors, people jumping out the windows...

RedAssedApe

Banned
Right now GAF is just a big pimple.

every tweet and rumor about the xbox one is a bunch of oil and dirt building up in that pimple

and as soon as bish or cboat squeak they will be the squeeze of doom from the fingers of information

the juicy, puss like truth will squirt and ooze out all over us.

bish won't be doing any squeezing. he smart and is hiding away in his shelter.

lazydom

Why would you put adverts on your (Beta) dash, especially if it stops you from showing it off... Doesn't bode well for the real dash when they release it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom