• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo Blaster

j2fl61H.jpg
Best summary of 'soon' this year.

thelastword

Banned
Newly published Sony patents on a cooling solution involving 6 fans to manage the balance between CFM and noise... Would be odd to patent something that's only used for dev kits, eh?

8H-cN73bhGxCjSKedPoI_nF2_sPQGo96Fcbllz6jMDv9hAClhpqgU6Z6PcK1YIPLI2aS4IZv_9u45IfbgWLySb_DdCj0ajdy76MjSkxzQ4wNy0BOQnTMJ7lBvQJWoptvDsQ2AckNx89XGrlMJNIiPg

EZq3lpBX0AUDa-B

Man it would be hilarious going back to the original PS5 Dev Kit leak thread where I was saying "I hope Sony uses this design for the final console". People said it was never going to happen, impossible, dev kits never look like the final kit...….I looked at the design and immediately, it looked like a design that favors an exotic cooling solution. So if this design makes it out, I'd be ecstatic. People forget that the devkit's design is also two-tone like the controller.....

geordiemp

Man it would be hilarious going back to the original PS5 Dev Kit leak thread where I was saying "I hope Sony uses this design for the final console". People said it was never going to happen, impossible, dev kits never look like the final kit...….I looked at the design and immediately, it looked like a design that favors an exotic cooling solution. So if this design makes it out, I'd be ecstatic. People forget that the devkit's design is also two-tone like the controller.....

As long as its a quiet box that goes under my TV all is good.

Gamernyc78

Banned
People stay at home. If you spill the beans, it's over some form of digital communication, which isn't safe. If not for the pandemic, I'd get some info myself, speaking face to face with people.

It wasnt just the pandemic, thts fairly new compared to how tight lipped ppl have been. Things should have leaked well before the pandemic and didn't. Sony has been really tight on this.

Neo Blaster

5, 6 games are more than enough.

These companies have access to the data, they know how many games we have in these drives.

This idea that the majority of people switch between a dozen games is ludicrous. Like backlogs... no most people don’t have backlogs.
For those who don't want to invest in expensive SSDs to expand PS5's storage capacity nor to deal with downloads, external HDDs as cold storage will be perfectly fine.

IkarugaDE

Looks like you'll have to grab a SSD for expansion right from the beginning, let's hope they are available on launch date.
I will definitely buy an external drive for my PS4 games. :messenger_beaming:
But regarding the SSD for PS5 games I will wait until it is getting close with the space. I am sure it needs a few months minimum until I need one.

Furthermore I think we will get a closer look about the size of games to see before the start. Still can't believe the SSD is filled with only few games. 🤔

SSfox

But there's also some weeping in the corners. I guess we've just discovered the name of our hype train.

1pVDYtx.jpg

He forgot to mention licking Amanda Cerny tits
1466366261-risitas51.png

Seriously tho, if someone have no reason to be excited about Xbox he should just act like he is excited?
That's the deal based this guy?
1466366339-risitas39.png

If So, bad news for you dude, that's not how things work in real life, not gonna happen.

It's one of the most nonsensical thing i've heard since a while
1466366188-risitas6.png

kensama

LOL Mister Xmedia talking about GFops, wonder what they are, maybe in the powerbrick.

It reads like his typing, I wonder if he also has insider there. God I loved me some mister x, comedy gold.

Had i miss something?
Why you tell MisterXmedia about Blueisviolet?
IS those two twitter's account the same person?

SSDfan

Neo Member
Hit us with it!

It is too simples analogy, but I think It can potentially clear things out a little bit.

Im not sure If my english Will help, but here It is:

Imagine that the PS5 SSD is a Bullet Train. The loads inside of the Train is the data, the whole storage.

Imagine theres a tunnel in wich the Train must pass through and the other side of the tunnel represents the end goal wich is the gpu rendering that shows the result on screen.

The tunnel itselfs represents the whole phases of data management (read, copy, descompress whatever) to reach the end goal (the outside Part/gpu rendering on screen).

Inside this tunnel wich is HUGE, theres stations like "bus stops" where the Train MUST stop before reaching the end goal. We can call these stations and incoveniente traffics the bottlenecks.

With all that in mind, we can say that its not Just a matter of having a Bullet Train (super fast SSD), the tunnel (I/O) and the non existent bottlenecks (stations, the bus stops) is Just as much important so You can really take Full advantage of light speed of your Bullet Train transporting all these datas.

Sony customized I/O technology and solutions not only CUT all the unecessary stations inside the tunnel, but made the tunnel look Very short relative to the light speed of the Bullet Train (SSD). That is the Very reason why on PS5 the end goal of all these data is instantsniously showed on screen towards any direction you turno the camera, because all these insane amount of data reach the outside of tunnel (gpu image rendering) with the Blink of an eye not just because of SSD speed but due also to How ridiculous short the tunnel is now and the non mecessary bustop and stations (bottlenecks) to process and load on the screen.

I Hope I made It clear.

T

Three Jackdaws

Unconfirmed Member
I think the delay for the PS5 event may be a blessing in disguise, you see a lot of the developers spend hours and even days on creating a demo for a game which has only completed 50% of its production. They have to hyper focus on the demo to ensure it doesn't crash, doesn't have glitches and is refined.

For all we know, there could have been PS5 exclusives which were not scheduled to be in todays event that will be featured in the next one because they may have had more time to come up with a demo or even finish completing it. Just speculation.

IkarugaDE

This is supposed to be PS5?

I mean the Pad looks kinda legit, but the console? Tho it's twice as fat as Pro, so maybe that's that?
It's a very very old picture. So old It was on the internet before the real devkit was leaked. As I can remember this one is more than a year old and also was busted as fake.

LordOfChaos

I wish was only in one forum.

Someone read or research something. :lollipop_squint_tongue:

Just looks Linus after he realized he talked to much before to even see the presentation of Cerny and now he regret it a little of that.

I enjoyed Tim shooting him down after they said he was selling soap for Sony on the WAN show, but I do have to appreciate how Linus tries to make enemies into friends, like when he had that tussle with Louis Rossmann but then ended up friending him.

I'd love to see Tim explain why this is different than just a faster drive to him on video.

kuncol02

Banned
After glancing through this patent, can we assume this is the "old" method of cooling that Cerny was referring to ? The patent was first filed in November 2018. In Road to PS5 Cerny mentions, they raises GPU clockspeeds with the "new" cooling method. Even sustaining 2GHz was hard in the old method iirc.
That's devkit. Unless it is much slower than final machine, then no. From the other side, only "new" thing in that cooling system is vapor chamber, so who knows.
Actually we still don't known what is under main pcb board, so there could be magic you are looking for.

Last edited:

GRIEVEZ

Damn, he must have really got hammered. That's the difficult part of being a youtuber I guess.
Its almost like people expect a fair tech assessment of a channel covering tech - without the necessity of downplaying, calling people liars and ridicule for people who were passionate/proud of their work :goog_unsure:

Its nice he admits faults, but wonder about the motivation behind it... Is it really about making it right - or saving face? In any case it could be resolved by covering this fairly (and actually researched) without Tim's involvement... that would make it more right, than to request a reset imho - which he says he's doing reading/watching material)

Last edited:
I wish was only in one forum.

Someone read or research something. :lollipop_squint_tongue:

Just looks Linus after he realized he talked to much before to even see the presentation of Cerny and now he regret it a little of that.

Guys I would recommend to stop spreading his shit. He's obviously someone that dosn't take his "Job" seriously. He was talking pure bullshit and spreading lies and fud. Why would anyone believe anything this guy says ever again? Why bother with such an idiot/asshole thats spreading fake news to his community?
Generating clicks and views seems whats important for him. Like so many magazins,, tv shows, newssites and so on. This has to stop. And we have to stop paying such idiots attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom