• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
The game is too much fun. PS brothers & sisters are out here living our best samurai life ,perfecting moves. Replicating Samurai Action Choreography.

Why are people damage controlling this sub par looking Halo. All these people doing pro-bono work ,putting effects ,lighting & modding a demo. Its sad. This is capping. The game is what it is. The showcase is done. Damage has been done.

What Xbox has shown us is what it is. I don't think 343 are this bad. They are very capable. Im 1000% certain there are multiple versions of Halo builds that exist. With the 5 years spent building this game. Im certain there are many builds that look close to that earlier 2018 trailer & various builds that mimics one of the halo games. But Xbox management went with that showcase build for whatever reason.

Many devs had left the Halo project.So there is definitely clash of decisions happening at 343 & Xbox.Overall I just don't care. The truth will all come out at some point. The fact people are damage controlling a bad looking game & doing FREE DEV work is the most tragic thing.

All this gamepass talk needs to slow the fuck down. It's starting to sound like smart delivery, velocity PR BS. It's like you people dont learn. Everything MS hype ends up being meh at best. Gamepass last defence line is getting absurd. That journos are obviously paid to shill & hype it. It's not the only player. PSNOW has way more games than gamepass.A lot of JRPG .And newish games. And PS dont even promote it.

Everything with PS5 is getting a refresh. Everything is NEW. Anyone that thinks PS will stay stagnant here. Is a fool.What are people going to say if PS decide to promote PSNOW on a big stage with everyone watching.

What happens if PSNow gets a promo. Talking up its 800 game library. And then say we are bringing massive library of PS1,2,3,4 era games.Works anywhere TV ,phone,PC And then offer a compelling price or PS+Now combo for £60-80 a year.

What then? No one will think of gamepass. Because once again it doesn't have games.And at anytime Sony can drop the exclusives in there to entice. This gamepass hype is heading for another L. It's missing the most important thing GAMES. Xbox need to leave the console war PR alone stay out of Sonys way. And PR like Nintendo.

I can attest to ps now, have it for a few years now. At first I got it mostly to play older ps3 era games, but with all the new monthly ps4 games being added it saved me a good amount of money. Put so many hours these past few months in f1 2019, it's no joke :D
On a nice g29 racing rig too ;)

pasterpl

The game is too much fun. PS brothers & sisters are out here living our best samurai life ,perfecting moves. Replicating Samurai Action Choreography.

Why are people damage controlling this sub par looking Halo. All these people doing pro-bono work ,putting effects ,lighting & modding a demo. Its sad. This is capping. The game is what it is. The showcase is done. Damage has been done.

What Xbox has shown us is what it is. I don't think 343 are this bad. They are very capable. Im 1000% certain there are multiple versions of Halo builds that exist. With the 5 years spent building this game. Im certain there are many builds that look close to that earlier 2018 trailer & various builds that mimics one of the halo games. But Xbox management went with that showcase build for whatever reason.

Many devs had left the Halo project.So there is definitely clash of decisions happening at 343 & Xbox.Overall I just don't care. The truth will all come out at some point. The fact people are damage controlling a bad looking game & doing FREE DEV work is the most tragic thing.

All this gamepass talk needs to slow the fuck down. It's starting to sound like smart delivery, velocity PR BS. It's like you people dont learn. Everything MS hype ends up being meh at best. Gamepass last defence line is getting absurd. That journos are obviously paid to shill & hype it. It's not the only player. PSNOW has way more games than gamepass.A lot of JRPG .And newish games. And PS dont even promote it.

Everything with PS5 is getting a refresh. Everything is NEW. Anyone that thinks PS will stay stagnant here. Is a fool.What are people going to say if PS decide to promote PSNOW on a big stage with everyone watching.

What happens if PSNow gets a promo. Talking up its 800 game library. And then say we are bringing massive library of PS1,2,3,4 era games.Works anywhere TV ,phone,PC And then offer a compelling price or PS+Now combo for £60-80 a year.

What then? No one will think of gamepass. Because once again it doesn't have games.And at anytime Sony can drop the exclusives in there to entice. This gamepass hype is heading for another L. It's missing the most important thing GAMES. Xbox need to leave the console war PR alone stay out of Sonys way. And PR like Nintendo.

you sound properly triggered by gamepass...chill

pasterpl

everyone should be triggered by gamepass. putting out $100 million games on a $1 sub is not sustainable. something's gotta give and after the xsx conference we know what the something is. Quality.

remember kids, you get what yoy pay for.

lol...

All based on underwhelming halo infinite? The only games that didn’t interest me were; Tetris, psychonautus 2 and gunk, rest are must plays for me, and even though we have not seen any gameplays from most, there are solid developers behind these projects. I have stated this before, Xbox showcase just reassured me in my decision to get xbsex first as I didnt find anything interesting for me in Sony showcase. you are seeing issue with gamepass and for me it is great value and games that I actually want to play.

I love the downplaying of gamepass going on in this thread.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
lol...

All based on underwhelming halo infinite? The only games that didn’t interest me were; Tetris, psychonautus 2 and gunk, rest are must plays for me, and even though we have not seen any gameplays from most, there are solid developers behind these projects. I have stated this before, Xbox showcase just reassured me in my decision to get xbsex first as I didnt find anything interesting for me in Sony showcase. you are seeing issue with gamepass and for me it is great value and games that I actually want to play.

nah ive been playing gamepass games since april 2018. I cant name you a single game that was even in the goty talks, let alone winning it. these are some of the most mediocre games I have ever played. there is nothing exceptional about them.

zaitsu

Banned
lol...

Dude, you know that beside halo you will get almost nothing before 2022? Almost evry game shown is in pre-dev or early dev.
On PS5 until 2022 we will get everything Sony has shown and probably at least 2 more exclusive games.
Buying XSX on launch has almosy 0 sense in compare to PS5.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
lol...

Gamepass is an awesome value. I personally don’t see buying new hardware day one when most of the games shown to take advantage of the hardware are not coming out at launch anyway. I’ll Use Gamepass on XBOX One X while I play launch window games on PS5.

JonnyMP3

I heard from inside of SMS that GoW had gone through 3 prototypes and it had cost Sony $100M to burn through them but they trusted Cory Balrog and his team to continue. It was around 2016, if I remember well.
I think if I remember right in the making of Kratos documentary it was stated that they were working on another project but that was cancelled so they had to make God of War the next game or be shut down by Sony.

AeneaGames

That is just downright mean!

I have been so nice to you and this is the way i am treated.
Disgusted at that.! :messenger_frowning_
2017-09-14.gif

SlimySnake

Ive played forza and gears in gamepass for 1$, i doubt MS make revenue from me xD
i did the same thing. didnt care enough to beat either of them. in fact, i dont think i have beaten a single game i got on gamepass and i had it on and off for close to 12 months.

you have to look at netflix to see why this is bad. netflix will put anything on netflix. they know that they have to or people will start unsubbing. they dont care about quality like they used to. netflix when House of Cards, Orange is the new Black and stranger things were new and fresh is not the same netflix. All the new shows are so mediocre, they are like watching those god awful CBS tv shows. at least they were free. now you are paying $15 a month to watch some of the dumbest shit ever. house of cards was pure dogshit after the first couple of seasons. same goes for orange is the new black and stranger things because they knew they had to rush out these seasons.

playing games for a dollar might seem like a good deal, but we need to look at the overall picture and see that this is simply not sustainable.

SlimySnake

So I wouldn't be surprised if 343i was sabotaging Halo Infinite on purpose. Look at the official screenshots they released. I thought these were taken from a bad youtube feed to make the game look awful but this was actually released by 343i in their press kit to be distributed.

halo-infinite-2020_ascension_demo_campaign_05_4k-b108ee98525741458824e698aa131f8b.png

halo-infinite-2020_ascension_demo_campaign_08_4k-7eb5b569ed7b4ed685de390b7a10ba5c.png

halo-infinite-2020_ascension_demo_campaign_10_4k-fafc3967fd0444c590a54835104fa01d.png

Yes, the last screenshot came from 343i. This has to be 343i trying to tell us something.

Falc67

So I wouldn't be surprised if 343i was sabotaging Halo Infinite on purpose. Look at the official screenshots they released. I thought these were taken from a bad youtube feed to make the game look awful but this was actually released by 343i in their press kit to be distributed.

halo-infinite-2020_ascension_demo_campaign_05_4k-b108ee98525741458824e698aa131f8b.png

halo-infinite-2020_ascension_demo_campaign_08_4k-7eb5b569ed7b4ed685de390b7a10ba5c.png

halo-infinite-2020_ascension_demo_campaign_10_4k-fafc3967fd0444c590a54835104fa01d.png

Yes, the last screenshot came from 343i. This has to be 343i trying to tell us something.

Honestly, why would they release those? There are much better shots. The 1min gameplay reveal trailer actually looks better than the 8min gameplay footage they released. They could have gotten shots from that instead.

Gamerguy84

nah ive been playing gamepass games since april 2018. I cant name you a single game that was even in the goty talks, let alone winning it. these are some of the most mediocre games I have ever played. there is nothing exceptional about them.

I hear that. I sub to PSNOW and a lot of it is just filler. Havent even heard of some of the games. There is some good ones though. Games I would have never bought but tried out and ended up liking some.

Ill just pick a random title and start streaming it and if it gains interest I will download it.

yewles1

IMO, I don't think 343i deserves all the blame here they have a history of technically making the best out of what they're given. Working on multiple platforms at once is obviously a bigger issue here, but what about the XSX itself? We've had multiple devs speaking out on the PS5's ease of use over XSX including one who almost went through the equivalent of a CANCELLING for speaking the way he did about the two consoles. Could they have been right about split RAM and outdated OS and such? This is only speculation, but I believe it's worth a thought here...

Bo_Hazem

Banned
How is it clear if she never mentioned January at all ?
Timestamped

Can you find where January is mentioned?

Man, I was sincerely anticipating this game as I love space games, and that CGI made me pumped! It really makes me sad, I want a decent space game other than Star Citizen that's not ready and Mass Effect that's dead now.

I heard from inside of SMS that GoW had gone through 3 prototypes and it had cost Sony $100M to burn through them but they trusted Cory Balrog and his team to continue. It was around 2016, if I remember well.
As most AAA games, GoW was a shitshow of a development. When the game was presented in 2016, the engine wasn't ready and the actual game wasn't even there. It was all fake, the demo needed to be played by Cory with extreme precision to not crash. However, they had to do what they had to do, because you don't present a game in the sorry state Halo is, even if it means to construct a demo for the occasion and take the risk of the final game not looking even close to it a couple of years after. They actually were very skillful in respecting the look of that target gameplay (despite all the chat about downgrade etc...). They literally "composed" GoW in two years from 2016 to 2018. The delay from February to April was done because they had something like 3000 bugs a little before release.
Uncharted 4 was in development for 4-5 years ish, basically the ENTIRE work done was cancelled just in the middle of development, they called people from TLOU to essentially do it again from zero.
And now we heard of Ghost of Tsushima: seven years or so, they had many prototypes completely different from the final game, and at least one was more than a bunch of blank polygons, it was called "The Prophecy", the gameplay got leaked few days ago and it looks very polished, as far as we know could have been pretty late in development and still got scrapped.
And I don't even wanna think what Days Gone went through.
You can have the best teams but at this level it's difficult to get things right fast, if shit happens you must be ready to face tough decisions both financially and in marketing. Some companies give up, others don't. Guess which company Sony is.

Last edited:

yewles1

As most AAA games, GoW was a shitshow of a development. When the game was presented in 2016, the engine wasn't ready and the actual game wasn't even there. It was all fake, the demo needed to be played by Cory with extreme precision to not crash. However, they had to do what they had to do, because you don't present a game in the sorry state Halo is, even if it means to construct a demo for the occasion and take the risk of the final game not looking even close to it a couple of years after. They actually were very skillful in respecting the look of that target gameplay (despite all the chat about downgrade etc...). They literally "composed" GoW in two years from 2016 to 2018. The delay from February to April was done because they had something like 3000 bugs a little before release.
Uncharted 4 was in development for 4-5 years ish, basically the ENTIRE work done was cancelled just in the middle of development, they called people from TLOU to essentially do it again from zero.
And now we heard of Ghost of Tsushima: seven years or so, they had many prototypes completely different from the final game, and at least one was more than a bunch of blank polygons, it was called "The Prophecy", the gameplay got leaked few days ago and it looks very polished, as far as we know could have been pretty late in development and still got scrapped.
And I don't even wanna think what Days Gone went through.
You can have the best teams but at this level it's difficult to get things right fast, if shit happens you must be ready to face tough decisions both financially and in marketing. Some companies give up, others don't. Guess which company Sony is.
*looks at Vita* No company is perfect, we should be grateful at what we have now and show that we as consumers and fans are worth urging to do better.

*looks at Vita* No company is perfect, we should be grateful at what we have now and show that we as consumers and fans are worth urging to do better.
Of course it isn't perfect. PS4 launch line up wasn't that great at all, and for istance Days Gone and Ghost long time of development means they are not nowhere near perfect. Companies are companies, Sony wants money as any other, they are not gracious grandmas making dinner for the childrens, they are vulnerable to market bullshit as well.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I don't even know why people always question this stuff about Sony exclusives when every trailer someone says "nah it's not the real game" and then it's the real game for the tenth time in a row.
Because it wasn't a gameplay video. in-engine real time or not cinematics tend to have increased graphics.

But it should still give you an idea of how it will look in gameplay, and it's gonna look amazing. And it might look exactly like those cinematics they showed (and cinematics might end up better than what we saw) as we have no clue how much more they can optimize.

There's zero mystery why people are questioning whether gameplay will look like that though.

Last edited:
Because it wasn't a gameplay video. in-engine real time or not cinematics tend to have increased graphics.

But it should still give you an idea of how it will look in gameplay, and it's gonna look amazing. And it might look exactly like those cinematics they showed (and cinematics might end up better than what we saw) as we have no clue how much more they can optimize.

There's zero mystery why people are questioning whether gameplay will look like that though.
If we want to talk about TLOU2 or Uncharted 4 downgrades, fine. But any reasonable person would say that they respected the look of their initial pretentations in their final game.
So acting for the tenth time like it's a mistery what will happen, I find it a bit too much. HZ2 will look pretty much as that trailer, as any other Sony exclusives of this gen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom