• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZywyPL

Banned
Is anyone else waiting for Mod of War? 😂

For what exactly? He's not contributing to the thread per se, never will, and as long as people aren't being reported he and other mods don't have any basis to actually take any actions towards anyone, he said that already like a hundred times during all those ~1200 pages.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
For what exactly? He's not contributing to the thread per se, never will, and as long as people aren't being reported he and other mods don't have any basis to actually take any actions towards anyone, he said that already like a hundred times during all those ~1200 pages.
Tommy Fisher has new information but before sharing he wants to have permission from Mod of War, which is why he asked him to check his PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol you didnt read? tommy fisher has sent him some pics for next gen. we are waiting for him to wake up and see them haha

Thorrgal

When the PS5 is announced at 9TF I’m going to laugh my arse off, and everyone will be justifying the 9TF as good enough and secret dedicated first party sauce Will surely save the day anyway. You guys will always be PS fanboys and it’s sad.

Either 9TF is Bad or it’s totally 1000% OK.

Which is it?

Just call it good enough now and call it a day instead of trying to compete with 12TF.

Stop arguing against everything and start kissing 9TF ass now if you believe that 9TF PS5 is fine.

If not:
giphy.gif

How old are you?

D

Deleted member 779727

Unconfirmed Member
Looking forward to 2pm PST tomorrow 😉

Last edited by a moderator:

ZywyPL

Banned
Tommy Fisher has new information but before sharing he wants to have permission from Mod of War, which is why he asked him to check his PM.
lol you didnt read? tommy fisher has sent him some pics for next gen. we are waiting for him to wake up and see them haha

So did the other guy previously, and MoW didn't share it, what make you guys think this time he will?

OsirisBlack

Banned
You're not paying attention to what I'm saying, this is retrospectively speaking.

If the PS5 was 9.2 Teraflops and Microsoft had those preliminary devkits floating around which people said they did, and these people were saying the PS5 was more powerful because of that. That naturally puts those early kits from MS being in the mid to high 8 Teraflop range which on the back of that further fuels why people thought the PS5 was more powerful for a number of months.

So maybe the PS5 was always targeting this 9.2 Teraflop threshold, Microsoft's early kits were weaker in comparison which sparked the weaker narrative but the reality is they and the final system were nowhere near finalized.

I'm going to help dig yourself out of this hole, remember when someone (I have no idea who) said they heard the machines were 11.6 and 12.4 sometime last year? That number was SPOT ON at that time with PSV having a slight lead but also having heat and sound issues. (Heat and sound are no longer issues) MS announces 12 TF hey look a .4 increase not bad at all they made it. BOTH are > 10 (said this last year) with PSV still having a slight advantage. (Said this last year also.) Both were aiming for a very high number (13) and from what I can gather one of them may have actually hit that number. (Its not MS) Either way BOTH consoles are stupidly powerful and still very close. 12 vs 12.4 or 13.2 (Within 1TF of the numbers with a . up in both cases not down) isn't bad at all.

This last part is completely my opinion
I think the main reason we arent hearing about Lockheart is because MS KNOW Sony is going all in for a premium console. Their is no PSV is the mid range system rhetoric to play at launching both simultaneously would cannibalize their XseX sales.

LED Guy?

Banned
I'm going to help dig yourself out of this hole, remember when someone (I have no idea who) said they heard the machines were 11.6 and 12.4 sometime last year? That number was SPOT ON at that time with PSV having a slight lead but also having heat and sound issues. (Heat and sound are no longer issues) MS announces 12 TF hey look a .4 increase not bad at all they made it. BOTH are > 10 (said this last year) with PSV still having a slight advantage. (Said this last year also.) Both were aiming for a very high number (13) and from what I can gather one of them may have actually hit that number. (Its not MS) Either way BOTH consoles are stupidly powerful and still very close. 12 vs 12.4 or 13.2 (Within 1TF of the numbers with a . up in both cases not down) isn't bad at all.

I think the main reason we arent hearing about Lockheart is because MS KNOW Sony is going all in for a premium console. Their is no PSV is the mid range system rhetoric to play at launching both simultaneously would cannibalize their XseX sales.
There we have it! PS5 13 TFs 🔥🔥🔥🔥

Praise The Sun! 🌞

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Well unless the Bloomberg article was wrong about the BOM of PS5 and XSX, this doesn't make sense. So only one of them can be right, but we'll know soon enough.

FranXico

If you talk about this freely now, it must be at the endgame already. Announcement finally here?

zubairali2

there you have it. they're both ALMOST the same

is everyone happy now?

Pug

I've posted this previously and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Sony and MS have collaborated in the APU we will see in both machines.
One are I will disagree Osiris, Penello has stated (and I know his history and the problems many have with on here) that the plan was always a 12TF XSX and he was part of that strategy before moving on so I would take his word on this.

RookX22

IF the PS5 is the same power or slightly more powerful than the XSX and both sell at the same price i don't give the XSX a chance. MS must surely know this sony has the games the only chance MS has is with a cheaper or much more powerful console.
Or MS might actually have some good games, or bought exclusivity/timed for some big games.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Take this for what it’s worth, as usual, and nothing more. But this one is from my own first party source and has been given the go ahead to post, so I’ll just post what was given to me 🤣🤣🤣

r0BMruS.jpg

(Adding this bit on the 3rd because nobody caught on but... boom baby!)

Last edited:

Rudius

I

I hope Microsoft drops the Lockhart entirely, so that devs can use all those TFlops to improve graphics, without bothering with native 4K on everything. The image quality of Sony games on the Pro is more than enough in my opinion.

zubairali2

IF the PS5 is the same power or slightly more powerful than the XSX and both sell at the same price i don't give the XSX a chance. MS must surely know this sony has the games the only chance MS has is with a cheaper or much more powerful console.

imo at the end of the day if one is more powerful than the other then it doesnt matter. games will help the platform no matter how powerful the console is. since MS has acquired more studios i believe MS has a chance this generation.

its gonna be one hell of a competition and i cant wait to get both and enjoy playing games!

RookX22

Take this for what it’s worth, as usual, and nothing more. But this one is from my own first party source and has been given the go ahead to post, so I’ll just post what was given to me 🤣🤣🤣

r0BMruS.jpg
Damn a short circuit game! Loved that movie as a kid, day 1.

Dodkrake

Banned

If you don't mind me asking, is it possible that my theory about Oberon being a "proof of concept" for regressive HW compatibility with PS4 / PS4 Pro holds any substance? That would explain lack of HW RT and only 36 CU in the leak (which was obviously not the final thing).

Also, thank you for your input. Even if you're wrong, it's appreciated.

CthulhuPL

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
On the subject of power, as long as we are in the same ball park area, we are good. If that’s 11 & 12 or 12 & 13, you’re not talking 1080p to 900p holy shit look at that mountain popping in on console A. You’re talking “holy shit that foliage instance on the horizon didn’t draw until I was 1,000 feet away, it was drawing at 980 feet on the other console!”.

You’re looking at two major consoles being closer than they have ever been in a previous generation. But most importantly, you’re looking at us ALL winning from this. Third party games will push the boundaries. First party games will continue to evolve. You can see the squirrels and they will be merry. But this stapler is the same damn stapler as the other, only one may hold 110 staples and the other 100.

For me, personally, I hear a LOT about how these new consoles will push realistic graphics and blah blah blah, but for me, honestly, I can’t wait to see what they do with stylised games, things like sunset overdrive, the lego games, platformers etc. That’s where you can push shit like crazy, and have it look like a cgi cartoon. We already hit this crazy peak with stuff like Ratchet this gen. But next gen? We could be on par with the movie.

Exciting times.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom