• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-gen Racing Graphics Face-off | (Next-gen means current-gen)

Yeap I'm sure.

CQRqYf6.jpg
And I am supposed to verify what AB means how exactly? Point still stands, you're ignoring reality to defend the game.

Bodatan

Banned
It does not in any of the videos you have posted, there is no fighting the wheel at all like the comparison vid of real life you shown

I suggest you go back and rewatch what you are sharing and see
Yep GTS was too smooth for that level of speed. The real life version was struggling to balance the steering especially during cornering and recovering the sharp turns.

Yep GTS was too smooth for that level of speed. The real life version was struggling to balance the steering especially during cornering and recovering the sharp turns.
Look at how violently the driver gets tossed around in this Corvette, this is a helmet mounted cam which shows you just how much shock the head is experiencing.

Stuart360

Point still stands. Nobody gives a shit about Forza 7 *Shrug*

All the fancy shaky cams in the world couldn't save it.
Not that i'm ever going to validate the amount of forum posts on a couple of random forums, to mean anyhting at all, BUT you also have to remember that we get a Forza game every year, while a new GT is what every 5 or 6 years. Plus Horizon is more popular than Motorsport, and sells in the millions.

ethomaz

Banned
Look at how violently the driver gets tossed around in this Corvette, this is a helmet mounted cam which shows you just how much shock the head is experiencing.

The helmet mounted cam shakes more than in car mounted... you head will always share more but your eyes compensate... you don't see everything shaking like in the video... your eyes focus in what you want to see even if shaking.

Last edited:

Birdo

Banned
Not that i'm ever going to validate the amount of forum posts on a couple of random forums, to mean anyhting at all, BUT you also have to remember that we get a Forza game every year, while a new GT is what every 5 or 6 years. Plus Horizon is more popular than Motorsport, and sells in the millions.

A large, healthy community is FAR more important than which game looks best (iRacing looks like shit, but is the most popular sim of all time)

If anything, my post is more important than every other post in this whole thread :messenger_grinning_smiling:

The resolution doesn't mean shit if every online race turns into a demo derby. The Forza online community is pure trash.

Last edited:
The helmet mounted cam shakes more than in car mounted... you head will always share more but your eyes compensate... you don't see everything shaking like in the video... your eyes focus in what you want to see even if shaking.
Your eyes TRY to focus, your vision and clarity still get distorted, you still experience the jolts and their visual representation via your eyes.

GTS has none of this, it's just flat and smooth like the cars are floating on air around the track.

A large, healthy community is FAR more important than which game looks best (iRacing looks like shit, but is the most popular sim of all time)

If anything, my post is more important than every other post in this whole thread :messenger_grinning_smiling:

The resolution doesn't mean shit if every online race turns into a demo derby. The Forza online community is pure trash.
Your little hot takes have so much to do with the way a game looks in a thread entirely created for the discussion of said looks.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Your eyes TRY to focus, your vision and clarity still get distorted, you still experience the jolts and their visual representation via your eyes.

GTS has none of this, it's just flat and smooth like the cars are floating on air around the track.
Read a bit first please:

No GoPro or camera does that... the shaking in these videos in real life are not what the driver is seeing... he is focusing in the track that probably is near stable to him.

Last edited:

Bodatan

Banned
Who the heck cares about your license for feck sake! We're discussing your comprehensive level of understanding the fundamentals concept of the law of physics in the driver's seat at certain speed shown in the video you just posted above.

GTS is nowhere near the real life or even Forza 7 when capturing the visual feedback we called "sense of speed" with unrealistically smoother that defied the logic of physics.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Who the heck cares about your license for feck sake! We're discussing your comprehensive level of understanding the fundamentals concept of the law of physics in the driver's seat at certain speed shown in the video you just posted above.

GTS is nowhere near the real life or even Forza 7 when capturing the visual feedback we called "sense of speed" with unrealistically smoother that defied the logic of physics.
If somebody doubt what I said I show evidences.

Oh piss off, as if we all don't have eyes and know what shocks and jolts to the head do to vision and the perception of stationary objects.

You're an enigma.
So why are you fighting yet if you know I'm right?

Last edited:

Stuart360

But its a couple of random forums. There are probably loads of other GT and Forza forums out there, some big, some small. Its like saying Resetera is more popular than Neogaf, well yeah its got much more members, but i know which forum is better lol.

Bodatan

Banned
Oh piss off, as if we all don't have eyes and know what shocks and jolts to the head do to vision and the perception of stationary objects.

You're an enigma. Absolutely delusional human being that throws all logic and reality out the window to defend a game with no visual feedback. Incredible.

He is deluded person take a look at that thread

Connxtion

Read a bit first please:

No GoPro or camera does that... the shaking in these videos in real life are not what the driver is seeing... he is focusing in the track that probably is near stable to him.
Not exactly correct but if the bump or dip is large enough you will experience that effect.

Passengers will feel it more as they are more relaxed, drivers have to concentrate more so yeah you anticipate bumps and judders, but by no means is GTS like real life. It’s far to smooth looking to the point it does in deed look like the car is floating round the track.

Only way you GTS would be real life is if you didn’t have a neck, then your whole spine and upper body would absorb the Gforces and shock.

So why are you fighting yet if you know I'm right?
You're not right, this part of your brain and muscle system tries to stabilize your vision and it does a decent job but it doesn't stop the visual experience of jolt and vibrations which you will perceive via distortions and shocks.

Last edited:

Birdo

Banned
You're not right, this part of your brain and muscle system tries to stabilize your vision and it does a decent job but it doesn't stop the visual experience of jolt and vibrations which you will perceive via distortions and shocks.

Erm, I didn't say that. You literally just made up a quote.

ethomaz

Banned
Not exactly correct but if the bump or dip is large enough you will experience that effect.

Passengers will feel it more as they are more relaxed, drivers have to concentrate more so yeah you anticipate bumps and judders, but by no means is GTS like real life. It’s far to smooth looking to the point it does in deed look like the car is floating round the track.

Only way you GTS would be real life is if you didn’t have a neck, then your whole spine and upper body would absorb the Gforces and shock.
First the GTS is similar in sense of speed.
After that they changed the subject about the shaking inside the car that is stronger due the camera inside the car (the same apply to the camera in the head that generates even more shake).
The view that of the driver that GTS is trying to simulate is not shaking like the camera in real life is saying because the eyes compensate that shake... and that is even more true when you are focused (in the case the track).

Is his view like what is showing in GTS? I believe not but that it is more stable than what the camera is showing it is absolutely certain.

The other point they are focused in is why the wheel didn't react like the real life saying there is a lock of "fighting" the wheel in GTS and that is false... GTS has a good force feedback system that you really need to fight the wheel when driving it but the animation on the screen is based in only the input the game receives from the wheel and not what the driver is "fighting" with the wheel to generate these inputs.

In resume GTS:
Sense of Speed: on spot.
Wheel animation: not following the force feedback of the real wheel.
Camera shaking: more close to actual eye view than camera placed inside the car.

He is deluded person take a look at that thread
I stand with my point in that thread and more people is starting to realize that with some thread about Cross-play that is becoming popular here and ERA.

Last edited:

phil_t98

#SonyToo
First the GTS is similar in sense of speed.
After that they changed the subject about the shaking inside the car that is stronger due the camera inside the car (the same apply to the camera in the head that generates even more shake).
The view that of the driver that GTS is trying to simulate is not shaking like the camera in real life is saying because the eyes compensate that shake... and that is even more true when you are focused (in the case the track).

Is his view like what is showing in GTS? I believe not but that it is more stable than what the camera is showing it is absolutely certain.

The other point they are focused in is why the wheel didn't react like the real life saying there is a lock of "fighting" the wheel in GTS and that is false... GTS has a good force feedback system that you really need to fight the wheel when driving it but the animation on the screen is based in only the input the game receives from the wheel and not what the driver is "fighting" with the wheel to generate these inputs.

In resume GTS:
Sense of Speed: on spot.
Wheel animation: not following the force feedback of the real wheel.
Camera shaking: more close to actual eye view than camera placed inside the car.

I stand with my point in that thread and more people is starting to realize that with some thread about Cross-play that is becoming popular here and ERA.
There is no sense of speed when it’s stuck to the track and not fighting around corners.

Birdo

Banned
He did but you were also stated the same BS as thomaz so it was logical for you to be educated as well.

Still doesn't change the fact that I didn't actually say what he quoted.

May have to get mods involved at this point. It's getting sily.

ethomaz

Banned
There is no sense of speed when it’s stuck to the track and not fighting around corners.
"The Sensation of Speed is exactly what the name states; it is how you experience speed… how speed feels to you. An elevated SoS is the feeling (the perception) that sensory information (primarily visual information) is coming at you so quickly that you cannot comfortably process it all. "

Sense of speed is how you see the track with your eyes with the objects and road surface passing in a speed that give you that sense of speed.
GTS and the real life in that video have pretty close sense of speed.

But if you wan to talk about the "fighting" with the wheel or the shaking of the camera... we already did.

Last edited:

phil_t98

#SonyToo
"As in real life, much of the sensation of speed comes from the smoothness of the track or road surface and the proximity of trackside objects."

Sense of speed is how you see the track with your eyes with the objects and road surface passing in a speed that give you that sense of speed.

But if you wan to talk about the "fighting" with the wheel or the shaking of the camera... we already did.
well as you probably haven't realised 90% of racing tracks are not smooth there is loads of bumps and dips the drivers fight with the steering wheel as they drive. now your saying the GoPro is what is making the camera shake and how it is mounted which I agree but if you watch the driver and how her reacted to the road surface when driving as the camera is shaking you can see GTS doesn't have anything like that. it is far to smooth a drive, a car wants to go straight and when you flying round a corner at 90mph there is resistance and force to the steering wheel. at no point in the videos you shared do you see the GTS driver struggle to keep the car on track like it does in real life

Last edited:
"The Sensation of Speed is exactly what the name states; it is how you experience speed… how speed feels to you. An elevated SoS is the feeling (the perception) that sensory information (primarily visual information) is coming at you so quickly that you cannot comfortably process it all. "

Want to know another thing GTS does wrong relative to our eyes and brain? Where is the motion blur? Our eyes and brain naturally create said blur yet the game is totally devoid of it.

This also dampens a sense of speed and looks completely unnatural to the eye.

ethomaz

Banned
well as you probably haven't realised 90% of racing tracks are not smooth there is loads of bumps and dips the drivers fight with the steering wheel as they drive. now your saying the GoPro is what is making the camera shake and how it is mounted which I agree but if you watch the driver and how her reacted to the road surface when driving as the camera is shaking you can see GTS doesn't have anything like that. it is far to smooth a drive, a car wants to go straight and when you flying round a corner at 90mph there is resistance and force to the steering wheel. at no point in the videos you shared do you see the GTS driver struggle to keep the car on track like it does in real life
Because the GTS driver is struggling in real life to keep the car on track.
I know it is hard to understand.
I will try to find a video.

The video won't show the force feedback... it is better to try it... there are some movements you need to make a lot of force to hold the wheel to not go to the side you don't want... it is somehow exhausting... different on playing with controller.
But it will give a ideia.

I strong recommend to try GTS with a good force feedback wheel.
It is a totally different beast from controller.

Last edited:

LostDonkey

Still doesn't change the fact that I didn't actually say what he quoted.

May have to get mods involved at this point. It's getting sily.

What is silly is that we have had official analysis done by people who do this for a living in the case of Forza Vs GT Sport, and the conclusion is that GT Sport has its merits and Forza has its merits.

Now Forza has been shown to have a more stable image, better sense of speed, higher resolution shadows with less artifacts and breakup , better track textures, tod transitions, dynamic weather, more dynamic objects around the track like tyre walls etc, better damage modelling, better reflections.

Fact.

Yet some posters keep coming in the thread using a thesaurus worth of hyperbolic language to push GTSport as the best in every way. That is what drives this thread round in an insane circle when users who have been shown these facts refuse to accept them and keep pushing this ridiculous agenda.

Last edited:

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Because the GTS driver is struggling in real life to keep the car on track.
I know it is hard to understand.
I will try to find a video.
then why does it not look like the driver inside the car in the game is struggling to keep it on the track?

ethomaz

Banned
then why does it not look like the driver inside the car in the game is struggling to keep it on the track?

In simple terms GTS animation only shows the input the wheel is sending while it is not necessary what the driver in the wheel is facing to generate that input... the driver is having to put force to hold the car on track because the force feedback simulation didn't allow the driver to move the wheel like he wants.

Last edited:
Damn some of you guys are, how should I put it? Passionate. Sure noticing any rational thoughts and logic are thrown out to support a franchise.

Only 1.74% of Steam users play games in 4k (Oct 2019)
Discussion should be about more than features that can be bruteforced with hardware by less than 2% of PC users.
besides your PC bruteforcing the best settings in Forza so you can cherrypick the best examples
Point is: even on PC, your examples are representative of less than 2% of PC users. The thread title says "next gen". That's a consoles term.

I don't know if you're being purposely disingenuous or have no idea how people play on PC.
Let's just pretend that small selection of people who had to choose to participate in a survey were actually all of the PC gaming user base. Did it not cross your mind that those other 98% are perhaps favoring frame rate over resolution, you know one major key advantage of PC gaming? I would be one of those people, because I use my TV in 1080p/120Hz mode rather than 4K/60hz mode. What about all the people with 1440p/144Hz monitors for example? Have you ever heard a PC gamer sacrificing their frame rate just to hit 4k?

Also, this argument about PCs not being included because it doesn't have generations - ignoring the fact PC hardware have far more generations than console. An i7 4790K is not the same gen as a 9900K, a 780Ti is not the same gen as a 2080Ti - but I know the point you're trying to make.

Anybody can experience the game at 4K, 5K, even 8K, maxed settings if they want to though. Doesn't matter what hardware you have, the same settings are there and available to everyone and everyone can display exactly the same images, the only difference is how quickly their computer can render those images, that is it.

phil_t98

#SonyToo

In simple terms GTS animation only shows the input the wheel is sending while it is not necessary what the driver in the wheel is facing to generate that input... the driver is having to put force to hold the car on track because the force feedback simulation didn't allow the driver to move the wheel like he wants.
So you are saying that GTS inaccurately maps
What the player is doing at the wheel?

Last edited:

LostDonkey

What he also fails to understand is that its PRIMARY resolution.

Example, I sit at my desk on a 27" 1440p monitor but when I want to game I fire it over to my secondary 55" 4K HDR panel. So I would fall into the 1440p section and Im sure im not alone in that. Its about as accurate as a dart with no flight.

I believe that those people that are comparing GT (a game where there are cars easily comparable with Assetto Corsa) with Forza (a game where even a f1 car slides like a pig and can make corners with drs open plus drives better with a pad than a steering wheel) have never touched a sim with a steering wheel, or they are just trolling cmon

Three

What is silly is that we have had official analysis done by people who do this for a living in the case of Forza Vs GT Sport, and the conclusion is that GT Sport has its merits and Forza has its merits.

Now Forza has been shown to have a more stable image, better sense of speed, higher resolution shadows with less artifacts and breakup , better track textures, tod transitions, dynamic weather, more dynamic objects around the track like tyre walls etc, better damage modelling, better reflections.

Fact.

Yet some posters keep coming in the thread using a thesaurus worth of hyperbolic language to push GTSport as the best in every way. That is what drives this thread round in an insane circle when users who have been shown these facts refuse to accept them and keep pushing this ridiculous agenda.
What utter tosh. More like we have had people question Forzas accuracy and forza fans getting pissy about anything and everything. The only people not willing to accept anything have been the fair few refusing to accept anything about forza and keep bringing up repeated other crap when shown facts.

LostDonkey

I believe that those people that are comparing GT (a game where there are cars easily comparable with Assetto Corsa) with Forza (a game where even a f1 car slides like a pig and can make corners with drs open plus drives better with a pad than a steering wheel) have never touched a sim with a steering wheel, or they are just trolling cmon

"GRAPHICS THREAD"

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Holly shit, when they don't have something proper to argue about the graphics, they start trowing sales, physics and forum posts lol. Everything outside the graphics is irrelevant in these thread, you guys are just derailing the thread. Also to the people out here saying that in that video GTS destroyed Forza, please go to a doctor. I don't own the XBOX One X version but even in that compressed video you can see the detail difference very clear. I will use the video you guys liked to post because you tought GTS destroyed Forza on X right? Lets have a look.
Look at the difference in track detail and grass and such in here, im not talking about the crowd or something pure detail of the environment.
49030227867_db3c65b2fa_o.png

Here also
49029505178_e866f144fa_o.png

Look here at the reflection of the digital dash itself, look how high quality the material looks while its none in GTS and AC. Also the sharpness difference.
49029505333_5458347705_o.png

Look at the steering wheel detail and texture and the windshield reflection quality wich is real time rendererd
49030013191_4a8ddb68ee_o.png

Look at the difference in lod
49030228162_faf19ff8da_o.png

T Three i find it fascinating that you see the small things like the red colored nr in the dashboard in GTS but completely ignore the reflection of the digital dash itself in Forza wich you do quite alot lately.
Also you asked me what you see when you drive tru SPA, where you overreacted about the tire walls.
49030228622_31c8a566c8_o.png

Everything in Forza is higher quality in this scene even if GTS a bit more accurate on some parts, but you only focus on the tire walls right ;).

So if this is the Xbox X version, now imagen the pc version. And a small edit and info, the car in Forza is 16' model not 15 like GTS.

Last edited:
As for the tracks which someone is saying that they are too smooth (it's not true but ok, let's pretend it is so), well if they are, is not PD's fault as their tracks are lasercanned.

1Towvv8.png

Three

T Three i find it fascinating that you see the small things like the red colored nr in the dashboard in GTS but completely ignore the reflection of the digital dash itself in Forza wich you do quite alot lately.
Also you asked me what you see when you drive tru SPA, where you overreacted about the tire walls.
49030228622_31c8a566c8_o.png

Everything in Forza is higher quality in this scene even if GTS a bit more accurate on some parts, but you only focus on the tire walls right ;).

So if this is the Xbox X version, now imagen the pc version. And a small edit and info, the car in Forza is 16' model not 15 like GTS.
I find it fascinating that instead of just accepting that it's inaccurate a bunch of you make a shitload of excuses about downplaying the inaccuracy and deflect to some shit that wasn't even mentioned.

Top Bottom