• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Killer Instinct Character revealed at Evo: Chief Thunder?

Shame... :(

Some of my most fond memories as a kid was waiting in line to play MK cabinets at my camp.

We got good folks in NOLA and around the South for sure, but most of us aren't spring chickens anymore. I can go to a get together and play some cool, no-nonsense folks I've known from arcades for 20 years, or I can go to a regional tourney and get to listen all night to 3 sweaty guys call Vega a homosexual slur 30 times and talk about how fat the woman playing Zangief is. I'm not asking people to stop talking trash or getting into the game, I'm asking grown men to act their goddamned age.

Guess I've drifted pretty far offtopic now though.

ShogunX

Also, game could graphically look more impressive IMO. Should release a little further down the line in 2014 for more wow factor i think. KI looked liked something on current gen still..

Looks pretty good to me.

jago_vs_sabrewulf_26-1152x648.png

Kalm

well... on topic:

The reveal could've been better. Double Helix made a big deal about having a reveal on EVO after some finals. We got a teaser and gameplay of a character we already knew was in the game.

Still, Chief Thunder being back is pretty nice.

Agreed. You should have led with this :)

If anything, the EVO reveal has reminded me that I need to manage expectations.

Cautiously looking forward to Comic Con.

shola

Banned
Game looks fun , but wtf is with this thread. People that didn't like this game prior to this reveal I have no idea why you are even in this thread

Dai101

Banned
One of my mains back in the day, noe bring Orchid and Fulgore please.

Fulgore is beyond confirmed, this reveal pleases me since Thunder was the first character i main'd and the least one that was pushed in anything. Glad to see him back after they snubbed him in KI2

Pretty weak tease, I was expecting a full gameplay trailer. I hope he's playable on the floor at SDCC, with another tease of someone else.

We got good folks in NOLA and around the South for sure, but most of us aren't spring chickens anymore. I can go to a get together and play some cool, no-nonsense folks I've known from arcades for 20 years, or I can go to a regional tourney and get to listen all night to 3 sweaty guys call Vega a homosexual slur 30 times and talk about how fat the woman playing Zangief is. I'm not asking people to stop talking trash or getting into the game, I'm asking grown men to act their goddamned age.

Guess I've drifted pretty far offtopic now though.

BRO!

I remember playing Killer Instinct at the arcade in the New Orleans Centre the week it came out and waiting in line to get my ass kicked. I remember playing it at the Fun Arcade too but nothing beats walking into the arcade and seeing that game for the first time. Blew my mind.

I don't understand why at Evo of all places, you wouldn't show a gameplay trailer for a new character, and why you would choose Chief Thunder as the character to reveal. Orchid, Fulgore, or TJ Combo would have gone over much better. What's next, revealing Riptor at Comic Con with a 5 second audio sample? Know your audience.

"sonofaB"

i loved when Thunder said something like that in the game. that spin move with those tomahawks was my go to move, then hit them with the mohawk pinkish hair for the finisher

B^)

aronmayo2

Banned

I saw mentioned somewhere (maybe by developers) that KI has more particles on screen at one time than any other videogame ever. They each act independently and can bounce off of each other etc....definitely not current gen. Can't remember where I read this :( it does look pretty amazing in action though. I know fighting games are very small scale compared to most games but damn this game looks impressive visually. It's a bit soured by all of the people doubting that it's running on actual X1 hardware.

Should rename it Blue Instinct. Every character is blue and the stages are mostly blue. Also, stop the zooming in and out during combos. It gives you a headache when watching. The teaser was lame too because it didn't even show a new character.

Alts will be orange. LOL

BRO!

I remember playing Killer Instinct at the arcade in the New Orleans Centre the week it came out and waiting in line to get my ass kicked. I remember playing it at the Fun Arcade too but nothing beats walking into the arcade and seeing that game for the first time. Blew my mind.

I think I played that machine, was one of the last machines I'd seen.

There was a semi-ok KI and KI2 at a bowling alley in Houma, but I haven't been out that way in 3 years.

B.O.O.M

Calling somebody stupid who is making up conspiracy theories based on Microsoft's E3 showing is pretty much justified.

Typical ignorant kid.

I will just say this, calling others children or kid etc doesn't make you a mature person or at least reflect on your as such. You can do this arguing without resorting to such things

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Overall I was reminded why I dislike the fighting game community today.

Completely classless group that is one giant circle jerk between each other. Between the crowd booing during the KI event ,one of the contestants giving the crowd a middle finger after winning a match, and the complete display of lack of respect for anyone who enjoys casual games (Super Smash) - I was completely turned off.

It's just not a very open community, it's like a bunch of ten year olds who are in their treehouse with a no girls allowed sign on the front.

These events should be about having fun, instead everyone is so uptight about everything.

I don't get it.
Pretty much everybody and everything has to eat shit from the FGC at one point or another. Respect has to be earned, and it's a long, bumpy road to travel on.

coma1138

Banned
Can someone explain why they booed the guy that won Injustice?

Was only half paying attention/don't know anything about the game.

ShogunX

I will just say this, calling others children or kid etc doesn't make you a mature person or at least reflect on your as such. You can do this arguing without resorting to such things

When people show the maturity of a child I will label them as such.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Overall I was reminded why I dislike the fighting game community today.

Completely classless group that is one giant circle jerk between each other. Between the crowd booing during the KI event ,one of the contestants giving the crowd a middle finger after winning a match, and the complete display of lack of respect for anyone who enjoys casual games (Super Smash) - I was completely turned off.

It's just not a very open community, it's like a bunch of ten year olds who are in their treehouse with a no girls allowed sign on the front.

These events should be about having fun, instead everyone is so uptight about everything.

I don't get it.
Smash has consistently been one of the most hyped games all weekend.

That victim complex.

dysonEA

I was a skeptic at first, especially when I heard Rare wasn't making it directly. Then I played it at E3, it just felt like Killer Instinct. Game looked great in person too (although I wish they went all out and had pre-rendered animations ... that could b amazing with todays tech).

All I can say is, I really hope I get an Xbox One some day to play this.

njean777

Really happy they booed them, I am just being honest. As for KI the hype I had for this game was medium and now it is just gone.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Doesn't really sound like you gave a damn about the game at all if you were that happy that it got booed.

people don't like being served up a 30 minute onstage ad in the middle of the final day of the biggest fighting game tournament of the year

who could have predicted such a thing?

njean777

Doesn't really sound like you gave a damn about the game at all if you were that happy that it got booed.

Glad you know how I feel, tell me more. What are my thoughts on GTA 5? Anyways I am happy they booed the Xbox One/KI 3 to show their disdain for it. If people do not like something they have every right to show how they feel. It is nice to see people not be silent and actually show how they feel about something.

If they booed Nintendo or Sony I would feel the same as well. I like when people don't just sit there and accept what they are shown when they know better.

Top Bottom