• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Killer Instinct Character revealed at Evo: Chief Thunder?

ShogunX

ULTRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

CCCCCC COMBOOOOOOOOOO BRRRRRRRRRREAAAAAAKEEEEEEEEEEEERRR

KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING

nah. Seems pretty normal, you're right. Fight the good fight.

What fight would that be? When did GAF get invaded by children?

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk

Quit while you're behind. You really don't know what you're talking about.

Overall I was reminded why I dislike the fighting game community today.

Completely classless group that is one giant circle jerk between each other. Between the crowd booing during the KI event ,one of the contestants giving the crowd a middle finger after winning a match, and the complete display of lack of respect for anyone who enjoys casual games (Super Smash) - I was completely turned off.

It's just not a very open community, it's like a bunch of ten year olds who are in their treehouse with a no girls allowed sign on the front.

These events should be about having fun, instead everyone is so uptight about everything.

I don't get it.

You were the one crying about Smash in the Evo thread. Maybe you should stop being so uptight.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Apparently reading is not your forte, those are called supers. Street Fighter 4 has ultras (you gain these by taking damage and/or focus attacking hits, so it's a comeback mechanic) and supers (you gain these by getting hits, and in 3s by getting hits and whiffing normals, so it's NOT a comeback mechanic)

I'm glad you basically just came out and admitted you've got no fucking clue what you're talking about.

I call moves/combos that do massive amounts (30/40% of damage) "ultra moves"

It is what I have always called them.

Sydle

Is there any serious doubt that every old KI character will be in this one? I don't see how this is a "reveal." Of course Chief Thunder is in there. I'll bet you Cinder, Fulgore, Spinal and Riptor will be too...

Cinder, Fulgore, and Spinal were all confirmed earlier.

Chief Thunder was not in KI2, so this is kind of surprising.

Vire

Quit while you're behind. You really don't know what you're talking about.

You were the one crying about Smash in the Evo thread. Maybe you should stop being so uptight.

I said it was boring to watch, I don't have a problem with Super Smash as a game though.

I love it! (Used Fox in 64, DK in Melee and Snake in Brawl)

Well i i guess combo breaker after combo breaker is what you get when you have two people fighting that are really good at the game, go figure. Also yeah fuck DH for trying to make a balanced fighting game, the fuck am i reading?

But yeah "gamers" today.

Evo Is spectator event, not a online match. Today DH learnt that constant combo breakers is not fun to watch, much like Capcom had to learn that SFXT is not a fun fighter either.

And yes, Fuck DH for throwing the baby out with the bathwater to balance the game for a community that will turn on them on a dime. You could balance the game without changing everything so drastically.

Just because I am calling them wrong doesnt mean my argument is wrong.
The more you double down on this argument shows how rubbish you must be at Street fighter 4.Its not just a different move, its use in the game dictates a total diffefrent way of play. Its like calling X factor, V-ism. Sathp.

impact

Banned
I call moves/combos that do massive amounts (30/40% of damage) "ultra moves"

It is what I have always called them.

LOL

You're wrong and have always been wrong. We both know the reason you think this game looks like the ultimate fighting game, let's just put it to rest. Enjoy your Xbone Dopey ;]

.la1n

I'm a pretty big critic of KI but I liked the reveal, it looked fun. I don't know how well it will do being an exclusive but I'm not going to outright dismiss it. That being said, showing it before marvel finals was a baaaaad idea.

ShogunX

you're surprised? You guys have been acting like drama queens ever since microsoft fucked up with it's policies.

The stuff I've seen HERE on NeoGAF was abysmal.

My Wife works with kids who have cerebral palsy and they are commonly known as Spastics. In the UK a person using that term to describe somebody...well as you might of guessed it's pretty offensive.

BUT!! As you have said - People finding this a little bit distasteful are Xbox warriors trying to get people banned because Microsoft fucked up with their DRM reveal.

Do you realise just how fucking stupid you sound?

abadguy

Banned
Evo Is spectator event, not a online match. Today DH learnt that constant combo breakers is not fun to watch, much like Capcom had to learn that SFXT is not a fun fighter either.

And yes, Fuck DH for throwing the baby out with the bathwater to balance the game for a community that will turn on them on a dime. You could balance the game without changing everything so drastically.

Except in the case of KI just about everyone who has played has said it is in fact , fun to play so..yeah. Also i am glad they are changing thing drastically,( well obviously not THAT drastically since everyone who has played it said it still plays like KI) the old game came out in 94, a lot has changed since then, and most of the changes as far as i have seen are for the better. I don't want KI 1 in HD.

My Wife works with kids who have cerebral palsy and they are commonly known as Spastics. In the UK a person using that term to describe somebody...well as you might of guessed it's pretty offensive.

BUT!! As you have said - People finding this a little bit distasteful are Xbox warriors trying to get people banned because Microsoft fucked up with their DRM reveal.

This is a poster who has said on more than one occasion that he wants MS out of the console business.( wouldn't want Sony having any meaningful competition or anything now) so i wouldn't go expecting any sort of rational posts from this one concerning X1.

Vire

Like you said before, it's nothing new.( FGC being filled with assholes) Something about fighters brings out the asshole in people. Though i don't remember it being too bad back in the SF2 arcade days, there was plenty of trash talking type shit but it was mostly all in good fun. These days with online and all, it's a different story.

Well, I wanted to give them another look since I do enjoy fighting games and there was a lot of excitement over EVO this year.

It's just not a very welcoming part of town to newcomers.

Oh well.

and Twelve is low tier. As in one of the worst characters in the game.

Probably not wise to talk about something we do not know about right?

While I appreciate the snobbish and sarcasm that doesn't make twelve any less of a gimmick character. Not to mention I was actually agreeing that jut because he was a gimmick character doesn't meant the fighting mechanics of the game where gimmick perse.

Sorry you got so altered about a bad selling SF game that no one plays anymore.

Zephyrus

Banned

well you better change that. That is pretty offensive.

You were crying that the other guy was offensive for thinking the KI announcer sounded like a spastic.

Then you go and say that a user sounds fucking stupid.

And I mean, when you got the same people that tried to bait several users into a ban because they lacked stockholm syndrome, one kinda assumes that.

People in the UK make fun of kids with cerebral palsy to the point there's a derogatory term for them? That's fuck up dude, I didn't knew that.

Except in the case of KI just about everyone who has played has said it is in fact , fun to play so..yeah. Also i am glad they are changing thing drastically,( well obviously not THAT drastically since everyone who has played it said it still plays like KI) the old game came out in 94, a lot has changed since then, and most of the changes as far as i have seen are for the better. I don't want KI 1 in HD.

The bolded just shows you have poor reading comprehension. I just said that KI and SFXT (pre 2013 patch) are boring to watch compared to marvel. Who gives a shit in this context how they feel to play?

This is a spectator event and the show wasn't good and was in the mind of the people there, holding up a better show. Simple as that.

and no body said anything about Ki1 in HD. Is SF4 SF2 in HD?

I guess the criticism comes from the fact that it looks way over the top and cheesy. Like a hyped up SF4 on crack. But the impressions of people that have played it is good so in the end it doesn't matter.

I didn't hear any boos and actually heard cheers at the end. Where was the booing?

Crisium

Completely classless group that is one giant circle jerk between each other. Between the crowd booing during the KI event ,one of the contestants giving the crowd a middle finger after winning a match, and the complete display of lack of respect for anyone who enjoys casual games (Super Smash) - I was completely turned off.

It's just not a very open community, it's like a bunch of ten year olds who are in their treehouse with a no girls allowed sign on the front.

These events should be about having fun, instead everyone is so uptight about everything.

I don't get it.

Do you mean the guy who raised a finger after winning while getting booed at Injustice? It looked like his Index Finger to me.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
People in the UK make fun of kids with cerebral palsy to the point there's a derogatory term for them? That's fuck up dude, I didn't knew that.

'spastic' is more of a catch-all word for people with mental illnesses. Not necessarily just children or those with cerebral palsy.

ShogunX

well you better change that. That is pretty offensive.

You were crying that the other guy was offensive for thinking the KI announcer sounded like a spastic.

Then you go and say that a user sounds fucking stupid.

And I mean, when you got the same people that tried to bait several users into a ban because they lacked stockholm syndrome, one kinda assumes that.

Calling somebody stupid who is making up conspiracy theories based on Microsoft's E3 showing is pretty much justified.

Typical ignorant kid.

I guess the criticism comes from the fact that it looks way over the top and cheesy. Like a hyped up SF4 on crack. But the impressions of people that have played it is good so in the end it doesn't matter.

I didn't hear any boos and actually heard cheers at the end. Where was the booing?

It was just the booing at MS and the we want marvel in the match

Zephyrus

Banned
While I appreciate the snobbish and sarcasm that doesn't make twelve any less of a gimmick character. Not to mention I was actually agreeing that jut because he was a gimmick character doesn't meant the fighting mechanics of the game where gimmick perse.

Sorry you got so altered about a bad selling SF game that no one plays anymore.

It's k. You can join me when you get another KI that sells bad and no one plays anymore

I don't get it.

I've felt for years that things have only gotten worse since arcades died. I used to go to New Orleans East (pre-Katrina of course) and the Penny Arcade on Royal and never felt like I was butting in on someone's little clique. Demographics didn't matter, respecting the fucking coin line did. In recent years, I go to get togethers or little Gulf Coast tourneys, and 4 times of out 5 it's like hanging out with a bunch of guys who think Hooters is a strip club.

Vire

I've felt for years that things have only gotten worse since arcades died. I used to go to New Orleans East (pre-Katrina of course) and the Penny Arcade on Royal and never feel like I was butting in on someone's little clique. Demographics didn't matter, respecting the fucking coin line did. In recent years, I go to get togethers or little Gulf Coast tourneys, and 4 times of out 5 it's like hanging out with a bunch of guys who think Hooters is a strip club.

Shame... :(

Some of my most fond memories as a kid was waiting in line to play MK cabinets at my camp.

I couldn't hear any booing in that trailer, but maybe I'm just mistaking some of the cheering near the end for being ironic? I'm cautiously interested to see how this turns out but even when it was back in Rare's hands in the 90's I was never big into Killer Instinct.

EDIT: Reading about the contestants and audience heckling other sounds amusing though, does anybody have a video of that?

So I know the thread has been derailed, but for those who care one of the devs said there is "more to come at san diego comic con"

guess we have to wait for some gameplay

I understand some people don't like KI or whatever, but no reason to shit up the thread.
Was just about to post this :)

more_zps8c35a454.png

TJ Combo better not have on regular ass boxing gloves. Even hand wraps are lame at this point. He better have some cybernetic glowing blades on his fists.

'spastic' is more of a catch-all word for people with mental illnesses. Not necessarily just children or those with cerebral palsy.

Oh, that's awful but a little better. I was in shock at the though if that many people making fun of kids with cerebral palsy. I mean I'm not the face of political correctness as I say the R word in real life sometimes but damn at the though.

I'm guessing I can see why this is offensive. But I rather no take part on the current argument.

Zephyrus

Banned
Calling somebody stupid who is making up conspiracy theories based on Microsoft's E3 showing is pretty much justified.

Typical ignorant kid.

<3

insult me more.

But please be offended when someone makes a comment about the announcer of a fighting game.

Well I'm done here.

I gave my view and unfortunately replied to a certain type of users that I really do not share my views with.

LTWheels

Oh, that's awful but a little better. I was in shock at the though if that many people making fun of kids with cerebral palsy. I mean I'm not the face of political correctness as I say the R word in real life sometimes but damn at the though.

I'm guessing I can see why this is offensive. But I rather no take part on the current argument.

It's a highly offensive word in the UK. you never really hear any use it because it's that bad. Calling someone the c word is more common and acceptable than spastic.

ShogunX

<3

insult me more.

But please be offended when someone makes a comment about the announcer of a fighting game.

Well I'm done here.

I gave my view and unfortunately replied to a certain type of users that I really do not share my views with.

Surprise surprise you have missed the point.

I was just giving a bit of friendly advice seeing as I've seen people banned on GAF for using the word retard. Carry on.

Anyway the reveal was pretty bad.

Zephyrus

Banned
Surprise surprise you have missed the point.

I was just giving a bit of friendly advice seeing as I've seen people banned on GAF for using the word retard. Carry on.

Anyway the reveal was pretty bad.
well... on topic:

The reveal could've been better. Double Helix made a big deal about having a reveal on EVO after some finals. We got a teaser and gameplay of a character we already knew was in the game.

Still, Chief Thunder being back is pretty nice.

The crowd booed because it's Xbone exclusive, nothing to do with KI particularly, although I wasn't really impressed with where the game seems to be going, I don't really see the appeal of crazy long combos with a combo breaker system. But I don't understand the engine yet, and likely won't be playing it regardless.

Boos are still warranted IMO too. MS royally screwed themselves with the most terrible PR I've ever witnessed. Sony had it for a while with the price tag and get a second job stuff, MS should feel it equally as long and win back consumers with in-house titles.

Also, game could graphically look more impressive IMO. Should release a little further down the line in 2014 for more wow factor i think. KI looked liked something on current gen still..

abadguy

Banned
The crowd booed because it's Xbone exclusive, nothing to do with KI particularly, although I wasn't really impressed with where the game seems to be going, I don't really see the appeal of crazy long combos with a combo breaker system. But I don't understand the engine yet, and likely won't be playing it regardless.

Boos are still warranted IMO too. MS royally screwed themselves with the most terrible PR I've ever witnessed. Sony had it for a while with the price tag and get a second job stuff, MS should feel it equally as long and win back consumers with in-house titles.

Also, game could graphically look more impressive IMO. Should release a little further down the line in 2014 for more wow factor i think. KI looked liked something on current gen still..

Would you mind showing me a vid of a current gen fighter that looks anywhere near as good as KI?

Top Bottom