• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Xbox Reveal Set For May 21, 10:00 A.M. PST, Livestreamed

Status
Not open for further replies.
bah. Kinect. Cool tech. But bah.

I feel like we will be forced to hear about it by MS, but man.. I hope they focus on 'core' games.

Did Bungie mention it would be a PS4 exclusive? I think they just mention exclusive content.

Just exclusive content.

In one of their blog updates they hinted that there may be exclusive Destiny content for those who played Halo games, so its very possible both platforms will get kinda goofy aesthetic stuff. I hope its just stuff like that- actual gameplay locked away for one platform is not a practice I like at all, even owning both big consoles. Its just not fair for the gamers.

Krisprolls

Banned
Thoughts?

If they talk about the specs then it means they're either equal or superior to PS4 specs (low probability event). If they don't, it means they're very probably inferior and rumors were true.

And of course they won't talk about the specs if they're inferior. They're not stupid.

derFeef

Don't count the next Xbox out in specs. Please don't.

I'm not asking you to believe insane rumors either.

This GIF will make sense soon.

WWdHd.gif
That gif cracks me up.

I just really hope MS has a game- or playable tech demo- that shows off the jump spec wise. I want to see some crazy mind bending visuals (for a console) and then show off the games we have coming soon. Basically, show me something not possible on 360/PS3.. not just a slightly prettier version of a current gen game.

JordanN

Banned
Let's be realistic here for a bit....

Does anyone really think that MS is going to stand in front of the world months after Sony announces the PS4 and the specs for the PS4 and show slides of their specs and it be inferior? I really don't see that happening. A couple of things can happen though.

1. The System is weaker than the PS4 so they avoid talk about detailed specs but focus on some of the specs like RAM (if it exceeds the PS4).

2. They don't talk specs at all. They spend the time talking about services, UI, Kinect and games and they show the console.

3. It is more powerful and they spend some time talking about the specs in some detail just to prove and put it to rest that they have a more powerful console.

Thoughts?

I doubt they want to leave their Xbox 360 userbase clueless with no specs at all so either #1 or #3 has to happen.

I just really hope MS has a game- or playable tech demo- that shows off the jump spec wise. I want to see some crazy mind bending visuals (for a console) and then show off the games we have coming soon. Basically, show me something not possible on 360/PS3.. not just a slightly prettier version of a current gen game.

Ie. Killzone?

Hawk269

If they talk about the specs then it means they're either equal or superior to PS4 specs (low probability event). If they don't, it means they're very probably inferior and rumors were true.

And of course they won't talk about the specs if they're inferior. They're not stupid.

For one, Kudos on your avatar! :)

I agree...if specs are not talked about at all, then we all know why. But it is just hard to fathom that they are announcing something many months after the PS4 and it be inferior. I mean, it is what it is and even if it is inferior it will still kick ass. But it may also be one of those things that it is inferior in some ways (tech wise) but in others it excels.

I just want 1080p gaming with good IQ. I think asking for 60fps on top of 1080p and high IQ is too much to ask, so for me, I want would want pure 1080p, good IQ min. 30fps. None of this scaling form 720p to 1080p....that is last gen shit.

Krisprolls

Banned
I doubt they want to leave their Xbox 360 userbase clueless with no specs at all so either #1 or #3 has to happen.

I'm pretty sure that's what they'll do if the specs are inferior. Why would they tell you their product is inferior ? That doesn't make sense.

They'll try to convince you with features and / or games. They'll just focus on what's better, not on what's worse.

abadguy

Banned
Same could be said for Kaz and Xbox only avatars in any thread outside of their respective camps. When I see someone with either I assume it's someone who's been swept up in the hype for their chosen "god" and will probably not be able to have a legitimate and level headed discussion that focused on both pros and cons about said company/console without bringing their unbridled bias into the mix. He's basically the same as you guys...but the flipside of the coin.

Funny. I couldve sworn that the "only on xbox" thing originatef in an Xbox nostalgia thread and had fuck all to do with console warrior crap at all.

eso76

Your posts of definitive statements are as bad as the dreamers. It is getting old.

it's just ridiculously basic psychology in hopes i can get a bone thrown at me by those who know :/

Still, I'd rather not expect major changes and have ms surprise me on Tues than the opposite.

JordanN

Banned
I'm pretty sure that's what they'll do if the specs are inferior. Why would they tell you their product is inferior ? That doesn't make sense.

They'll try to convince you with features and / or games. They'll just focus on what's better, not on what's worse.
They wouldn't have to outright say "yeah, our console sucks compared to Sony's". Just focus on what actually makes the Xbox 720 better than last gen without implying it's weaker than PS4.

For example, the RAM, CPU core count, resolution, DirectX 11 etc.

Also saying "we can run Unreal Engine 4" is a good sign.

Xenon

Kinda like Sony with NPD statements?

I doubt the specs will be bad enough to have to hide them. Besides the gaming press would crucify them for it. There would much more negative press if they try and hide it.

danwarb

I doubt the specs will be bad enough to have to hide them. Besides the gaming press would crucify them for it. There would much more negative press if they try and hide it.
Yep. We'll know what's in the box when the tent reveals it.

Krisprolls

Banned

NPD are sales, that's not the same thing...

I don't know, maybe you're right, but if I had to sell a console, I would show every point where it's superior to my competitor and wouldn't talk about its weaknesses.

I mean, that's the way they sell us things after all.

Still, I'd rather not expect major changes and have ms surprise me on Tues than the opposite.

That's what smart logical people do, but all of that shit has been thrown out the window because everyone is magically an "insider" and in the know so they post a bunch of static noise and are purposefully getting peoples expectations up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom