• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Xbox Reveal Set For May 21, 10:00 A.M. PST, Livestreamed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izick

I think you're underestimating the importance of this device. This is the competitive edge Microsoft needs over Apple and Google right now. Everyone wants to be in the living room, and being a dedicated game console along with being all the entertainment side things will be huge. Not to mention it's going to have a form of controlling the device (Kinect 2.0) that Apple is trying to go after (ie the Apple rings). The biggest factors of this is going to be nailing the human-navigation design.

Bill Gates being behind the thing is something they really have to do.

Karak

Hmm Bacon is out for a bit? Well he will have to join us on the Twitch channel during the event then. Hope he comes back soon.

Naturally.

firebat_sc1_headanim1.gif_thumb.jpg

It's from one of the best commercials ever:

https://www.google.it/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=hydro%20commercial&source=web&cd=1&sqi=2&ved=0CDUQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DvvyupNXK-4A&ei=QgeYUfK5K46jhgeeloG4Cg&usg=AFQjCNEAZPYk2jI1nkAeuJXFfCbZymFo_Q&sig2=ruo0xeHONf7pbL9pAOtclw&bvm=bv.46751780,d.ZG4

Unfortunately it's very low quality and the gif spoiled it, but seeing it for the first time years ago was incredible.
Left a huge smile on my face, slowclap.

Thanks! And indeed, best commercial ever, awesome!!

Karak

There is a lot of hate towards Mattrick on GAF, I have nothing against him.

"Douchy" was just a joke, lol.

He is ok. But he is no Peter Moore. ;-)

I give him a ton of leeway due to his past and the fact that he is actually very interested in games. He just isn't the best speaker. The two rarely go hand in hand without problems.

Endo Punk

Naw, Crack in Time and Quest for Booty are amazing olatformers.

R3 is also pretty great too.

Didn't care for ACIT one bit. Clank parts were a chore and Ratchet gameplay became too shooter focused. And Resistance franchise is just one of many Sony's attempts to 1-up HALO with run of the mill uninspired shooters.

JordanN

Banned
Lets talk about Kinect.

Anyone remember this rumor?

Kinect 2 so accurate it can lip read
One development source told Eurogamer that Kinect 2 will be so powerful it will enable games to lip read, detect when players are angry, and determine in which direction they are facing.

Kinect 2 can track the pitch and volume of player voices and facial characteristics to measure different emotional states.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-25-kinect-2-so-accurate-it-can-lip-read

Sec0nd

Lets talk about Kinect.

Anyone remember this rumor?

Kinect 2 so accurate it can lip read

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-25-kinect-2-so-accurate-it-can-lip-read

A lot of people hate on the Kinect, and with good reasons. I am however really intrigued by the idea of a super charged Kinect, capable of amazing stuff. I remember the Ghost Recon E3 demo with Kinect and gun smith. Small stuff like look really cool and I wouldn't mind more and better of those small added features.

eso76

There's no crow, Reiko, stahp !

There's no megaton as far as specs go.
Games maybe, but for a reveal event I'm more interested in hardware.
Good games will always come and go, specs remain.

Xenon

The hour is winding down. Bill Gates comes out to give the closing speech. He talks about Xbox's journey and the commitment Microsoft has to the platform. He starts to walk away but accidentally knocks the mic stand. As he turns around and bends over to pick it up, he reveals a thong and a tramp stamp showing "GTA:5 Next Gen only on Infinity" The crowd goes insane.

quickwhips

Has anyone messaged Cliffy on Twitter to see if he was going to the Xbox Announcement? I'm really curious since at Pax he said something like he would announce what he was working on soon. I thought it was going to be PS4 honestly.

danwarb

Until they start streaming them to your Xbox from a petaflop farm on the far side of the moon.

Reiko

Banned

Don't count the next Xbox out in specs. Please don't.

I'm not asking you to believe insane rumors either.

This GIF will make sense soon.

WWdHd.gif

Your posts of definitive statements are as bad as the dreamers. It is getting old.

Hawk269

Let's be realistic here for a bit....

Does anyone really think that MS is going to stand in front of the world months after Sony announces the PS4 and the specs for the PS4 and show slides of their specs and it be inferior? I really don't see that happening. A couple of things can happen though.

1. The System is weaker than the PS4 so they avoid talk about detailed specs but focus on some of the specs like RAM (if it exceeds the PS4).

2. They don't talk specs at all. They spend the time talking about services, UI, Kinect and games and they show the console.

3. It is more powerful and they spend some time talking about the specs in some detail just to prove and put it to rest that they have a more powerful console.

Thoughts?

Xamdou

It will be interesting to see returning Xbox exclusive devs like Itagaki, Cliffy and Hironobu Sakaguchi announce games just for system.

Does anyone really think that MS is going to stand in front of the world months after Sony announces the PS4 and the specs for the PS4 and show slides of their specs and it be inferior? I really don't see that happening. A couple of things can happen though.

1. The System is weaker than the PS4 so they avoid talk about detailed specs but focus on some of the specs like RAM (if it exceeds the PS4).

2. They don't talk specs at all. They spend the time talking about services, UI, Kinect and games and they show the console.

3. It is more powerful and they spend some time talking about the specs in some detail just to prove and put it to rest that they have a more powerful console.

Thoughts?

Yes, one of those three :)

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly

Thoughts?
They won't mention specs.

And if a GAF insider is to be believed then games at the reveal and E3 will look amazing and then come launch day everything is 480p and 20fps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom