• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Xbox Reveal Set For May 21, 10:00 A.M. PST, Livestreamed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushae

Banned
totally agree

ms was from the start in a better positiong than sony .(expecially under the r&d and economical position)..but I DONT KNOW WHY..everyoen is thinkin ms is pulling a wii

2 days then crows for everyone

I'm sure plenty of crow will be eaten.

Personally i think the hardware will be similar, much much more efficient with superior audio capabilities. And more importantly, MS will have those all important exclusives despite the naysayers.

Almost 2 friggin days left !! Wooo !

Wynnebeck

Banned
Wait, are people saying that MS knew about Sony's changes to PS4 before the unveil? You mean the same 8GB update that literally not even Sony's own first party studios knew about until the day/night of the Meeting? LOL MS must have those moles huh?

derFeef

Wait, are people saying that MS knew about Sony's changes to PS4 before the unveil? You mean the same 8GB update that literally not even Sony's own first party studios knew about until the day/night of the Meeting? LOL MS must have those moles huh?

Spec talk is boring, but MS was rumored having 8GB a long time before the PS4 event, that's not what that is about.

55 hours left..

Need more coffee!

c0de

No but the general architecture most definitely.

Krilekk

Banned

There were rumours about PS4 having 8 GB earlier. Just no one believed it because GDDR5 is expensive.

So is the PS4 then, because the difference is marginal...

This. If people really and truly believe the PS4 is lightyears ahead based on the specs we've seen, then even the PS4 itself must not be very impressive. That said, I'm not getting pulled into this trap from people who are only interested in making this thread as negative as possible.

I'm excited about this reveal, and I'll be damned if I let a few people with questionable intentions distract away from what's suppose to be a fun time for gaming.

I see we're back to slavering about specs.

cross post

jbgC7CJecznrdE.jpg

let's get it back on track

jLyS9YjP3RA7x.jpg

TheKayle

Banned
This. If people really and truly believe the PS4 is lightyears ahead based on the specs we've seen, then even the PS4 itself must not be very impressive. That said, I'm not getting pulled into this trap from people who are only interested in making this thread as negative as possible.

I'm excited about this reveal, and I'll be damned if I let a few people with questionable intentions distract away from what's suppose to be a fun time for gaming.

oh well i agree

KidBeta

I wish I hadn't read KidBeta's anti-hype posts, now Halo 4 just doesn't look good to me any more.

Some people seem determined to keep it that way...for some reason.

I know right :/ . it should be noted that the games are what matter and not much else.

Ushae

Banned

Both employ engineers correct? Said engineers communicate with the manufacturers and said manufacturers also tend to cross communicate. Both companies know each others moves within months, the primary difference is their respective strategies and approach.

Hardware wise i don't think its a pissing contest, its more about what each company wants to achieve with their hardware and how they are looking to market the features of the hardware.

jaosobno

Ok, specs aside, are there any rumors that Microsoft could expand number of Live supported territories?

I live in a small country (Croatia) and although all Microsoft's products are officially available (and there is Microsoft Croatia), Xbox is the only exception. I can create an Xbox Live account, however if I select my country I can't download games or other media since there is no full support for Croatia.

Windows Phone Store (or whatever it's called) is officially available and we can use full feature set. We even have the option to sell content (apps) if we so please. However, full Xbox Live support still eludes us.

Sony on the other hand, although we are a small country with a small purchasing power, has made an effort and gave us full PSN Store access with prices in national currency and full official support.

So is there a hope of Xbox Live expansion or will Microsoft keep telling countries like mine to fuck off?

Pistolero

the alpha kit leaks?

The leaks in question were not of the alpha kit, but described the target architecture (aka final) of the machine as communicated to developers during the Durango Summit that was held more than a year ago.

I feel like there are a lot of quality XBLA titles that have been overlooked this generation. I loved Raskulls, Ilomilo and the Toy Soldiers series, but they don't seem to be very popular.

Some people hope for the best, and some hope for the worst. I just want to see the inside of that tent.

I wanna go in deep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom