• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 13 |OT| - A Fraud Gorged on Thanksgiving

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Ross selling the team would be absolutely incredible
until we find out the new owner is a complete moron a few months later.

This is the team gaf will buy. Let's begin with a rebranding. Dolphins are insufferable douchebags. So, first order of business, new name and new mascot.

jmdajr

Take it for what its worth because Im still not 100% buying back in but there is something different about this years team than past.

The way they are handling themselves, the emotion on the field, communication on field are just some of the things I noticed. Maybe some of the vets who were here in 2012 know the shortfalls finally of reading about your own hype before the season ends. Im pretty sure Wilfork is adding his experience into that as well.

Great sign when O'Brien gave them Monday off after the win Sunday and yet every single player showed up Monday to begin prep for the Bills.

I just hope we win Sunday and Colts lose. That will calm me down at least for the week.

I'm gonna go see the Pats game and want to go on a win streak. That place is probably going to be the loudest it has ever been.

jmdajr

Why don't you guys just beat them?

Problem solved.

I already said if we beat Colts at Indy we don't even need the Super Bowl win. The parade will be held the day after. Already have the day after off to either drink in celebration or cry,.

xnipx

Remember when a clearly concussed Ben kept playing last year in the playoffs against the Ravens?

He needs to go be a family man while he can remember his kids names.

Pat Traina did a nice evaluation article on Jerry Reese. Worth a read for Giants fans:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-new-york-giants-general-manager-jerry-reese#

When evaluating a general manager’s tenure, the first thing you have to look at is his draft history because the draft is the team's foundation. Simply put, the more picks that are squandered, the worse things look for the general manager and the team.

Odell Beckham Jr. has been the best Giants draft pick in the last six years.
The way the Giants' draft-selection process is believed to work (this based on crumbs that Reese himself has offered in past press conferences) is that the picks are made via a consensus among the scouts, Reese, director of college scouting Marc Ross, head coach Tom Coughlin and his assistant coaches.

Reese, as the general manager, has the final say with ownership having the right to veto any pick.

The Giants work off a draft value board in which a player with the highest grade in their row system is usually the pick; if two or more players have similar grades, it becomes a matter of need, which is where the debate potentially becomes more intense.

Let’s look at Reese’s last six draft classes (2010-15) as they relate to the composition of the 2015 roster.

Charts and more at the article link.

Hunter S.

Media jumping the gun on a good looking Osweiler it seems. Putting him on the cover of Sports Illustrated I mean he only has two wins. Perfect face though. As Deacon says, you got to prove the hype and keep winning.

Nice avatar Godslay. It looks like the hair and mustache of Will Ferrel in the Anchorman?

Line_HTX

Bill O’Brien praises Texans’ QB Brian Hoyer

"He was poised, got us in the right plays and was able to convert the majority of our third down plays."

15 TD's, 5 INT's.

20151129_texanssaints_btc_36.jpg

Maybe things will be different this time. BOB and ROMEO must know at least a few things.
Not saying we will win, but we will put up a fight.

Hope they put up a good one. Time for HoyDestroy to shine on SNF and then get some H-E-B commercials!

Lane says Haslam and the front office now want to see Manziel start the rest of the year so someone will want to trade for him in the offseason

ffs it really is House Cleaning Part 2: Dysfunction City

McCown out for the year, broken collarbone

So recap:
Manziel (starter last week, benched and 3rd stringer this week) will likely start next week and be traded in the offseason
Pettine and Farmer are both expected to be fired
Round 2 in 3 years of "who wants to coach the Browns? Anybody? Please?"
Josh Gordon's probably released in the offseason because who would want to trade for him by now
Whoever gets blamed for the sexual harassment in the offseason will be fired
Haslam will still avoid prison and lawsuits

MechDX

JJ Watt needs 1.5 more sacks to reach 15 this year, his third 15-sack season. Only Reggie White reached 15 sacks more than three times.

A shame he won't win DPOY because "reasons"

Media jumping the gun on a good looking Osweiler it seems. Putting him on the cover of Sports Illustrated I mean he only has two wins. Perfect face though. As Deacon says, you got to prove the hype and keep winning.

Nice avatar Godslay. It looks like the hair and mustache of Will Ferrel in the Anchorman?
Notice the hold
jgzzHAQ.jpg

Hahahaha, amazing
What is truly amazing, my friend, is this one time in 1973 when a scrappy Miami Dolphins team completed The Perfect Season, punctuated by a convincing 14-7 win in Super Bowl VII over the Washington Redskins.

Do you think any other team will ever repeat this great feat?

Milchjon

What is truly amazing, my friend, is this one time in 1973 when a scrappy Miami Dolphins team completed The Perfect Season, punctuated by a convincing 14-7 win in Super Bowl VII over the Washington Redskins.

That must have been the greatest feeling, watching your team win the SB. I am happy that you got to experience that in your lifetime, my friend :)

jmdajr

Imagine if the Panther's lose to the Falcons?
din1p1.gif

I always enjoy checking in on NFL-GAF whenever some major fuck-up happens for the reactions, and y'all did not disappoint with that Browns loss :lol

No joke every once in a while for a laugh I look up NFL-GAF's reactions to the buttfumble and it's still amazing.

Giants signing Adam Gettis with Schwartz officially to IR. That Pat Traina breakdown on Reese was pretty informative, and basically what's been said for some time: paying for poor drafts and lack of any roster depth.

Superbowl VII? As in 7? Damn that's a long time ago. Good thing the dolphins have done things since then, especially since they had one of the best quarterbacks ever.

Finally digested my thanksgiving dinner, and some football thoughts as well.

1) FUCK. FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCKING FUCK FUCK.

2) The Long Island Jets are one win against the Giants from officially stealing my heart and giving me something to root for this season. I still have outstanding fines from my four year residence in Nassau County so I think it's legal. I've caught most of their games, and although they are difficult to watch when compared to the Cowboys QBs it's the greatest show on turf.

3) The Dallas Jason Wittens are playing for draft picks. I'm torn between not wanting it to be so bad where the coaching staff is in trouble and getting a good pick. I still really like the Marinelli/Linehan/Garrett tandem. It's just more rotten luck that there are no Heisman caliber QBs in the draft this year, because we need one. Witten/Romo have one good full season left, if we are lucky.

4) I remember lengthy discussions about the Eagles D in the preseason, and how hyped some Eagles fans were about their "definitely improved" defense despite the fact that 85% of the roster was different. I told them that for that reason it was premature to say anything about an improved defense and I was right. Yankee can whine about the underperforming O-Line all he wants but when you give up back to back 45 burgers against the Bucs and Lions you're defense is underperforming. Honestly the Eagles' total collapse and predictable turning against Chip has been the only good thing about the season.

All in all, this has been a bad season of football so far. The injuries and officiating have been worse than anyone could have predicted. Pats seem like they are cruising to the Owl, and not even because they are dominating it's just the rest of the league is terrible, unreliable or hurt. We will have to rely on Cam Newton to prevent that, I suppose. Or Carson Palmer if he's healthy.

Top Bottom