• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 13 |OT| - A Fraud Gorged on Thanksgiving

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Ben Roethlisberger said he was told diagnosis is "traumatic ocular migraine.'' Mike Tomlin said it's a concussion.

Tomlin: Ben does have a concussion. Into the protocol. Same with Ryan Shazier.

So does he or does he not have a concussion?

You expect the nfl to be able to differentiate between types of head trauma?

My goodness, Kave. Someone needs to give you a reality check to bring you back down to earth. You act like you've got it so rough, suffering mildly for 10+ years, when others around you are dealing with tragedies of proportions that simply cannot be quantified.

Yes, you've had to watch a lot of teams suck for a very long time. But take a moment to put yourself in the shoes of someone who has truly seen the face of despair. Just imagine, if you will, being a Patriots fan and seeing player after player go down in a writhing heap. Lewis, Edelman, Amendola, Gronk. What's next? Can it possibly get any worse? At this point the Patriots might not even win the Super Bowl! And you expect us to feel pity for your circumstances?

Please take a moment to think about someone other than yourself.

Those poor Pats fans. Can't even imagine how it feels to be them every year

TheFatOne

Why?

On the radio in Philly they just said that the cheat wouldnt shake Kubes hand after the game on Sunday night. I watched the game and didnt notice that and I dont remember the announcers mentioning it. Does anyone know if that is true? Seems pretty shitty if it is true.
Same crew that did the 49ers game. It's going to be another shit show.

jmdajr

Ben Roethlisberger said he was told diagnosis is "traumatic ocular migraine.'' Mike Tomlin said it's a concussion.

Tomlin: Ben does have a concussion. Into the protocol. Same with Ryan Shazier.

So does he or does he not have a concussion?

Motherfuck, I thought things were cool?

WedgeX

Banned
Go Lions. Although the already did not disappoint in historic fashion in Green Bay, I hope they do not embarass this week.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Once again why is David Carr on NFLN?

Its like Dilfer being on ESPN. They were both shitty QB's so why is their opinion valued?
by that same logic none of us are qualified to speak on QB play.

Why?

On the radio in Philly they just said that the cheat wouldnt shake Kubes hand after the game on Sunday night. I watched the game and didnt notice that and I dont remember the announcers mentioning it. Does anyone know if that is true? Seems pretty shitty if it is true.
whats going on here?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Ben's in the concussion protocol. Don't expect some sort of detailed explanation from Tomlin on the matter, you won't get one.

Chris Bradford ‏@BCTBradford 18m18 minutes ago Pittsburgh, PA

Tomlin says of Cockrell and Blake "those guys need to play better."

Bob Labriola ‏@BobLabriola 18m18 minutes ago

Tomlin: Admits Blake was below-the-line in Seattle. Will look at options in the area. Boykin maybe, Gay maybe to outside CB.

9wcqWSF.jpg

Furyous

Just fucking cut Johnny. This has gone on long enough.

Someone coming off a draft pick for him. Johnny should play next week. He'll come after Austin Davis is terrible by halftime and show promise at the position improving his trade value. When the offseason comes it's time to free Johnny and let Paxton or Jared or Jacoby Brisset in the later rounds step in and hold down the offense.

Terrelle is there for wide receiver depth. By wide receiver depth I mean another skill position player on the cheap that contributes to the team.

Is there any chance the phins part ways with Tannehill?

If Belichick didn't shake Kubiak's hand we would've heard about it already.

Tom Nook

GB @ DET

HOU @ BUF
BAL @ MIA
CIN @ CLE
SF @ CHI
JAX @ TEN
SEA @ MIN - upset special
NYJ @ NYG - New York Wins
ARI @ STL
ATL @ TB

DEN @ SD
KC @ OAK
CAR @ NO
PHI @ NE

IND @ PIT

DAL @ WAS

MechDX

They...probably are?

Does it matter? Not really but that doesn't mean it's not true.

They're undefeated who honestly gives a shit? Undefeated is undefeated.

Its like saying who is the better HoF running back: Jim Brown or Walter Payton. They are both great and hall of famers. Definition of click bait

Big Ben says he was out because of an ocular migraine, not a concussion. As someone who suffers from ocular migraines after being particular active, I empathize. Aside from the excrutiating headache (which I deal w/ using medicine) Shit's weird as hell.

jmdajr

Big Ben says he was out because of an ocular migraine, not a concussion. As someone who suffers from ocular migraines after being particular active, I empathize. Aside from the excrutiating headache (which I deal w/ using medicine) Shit's weird as hell.

silent-ocular-migraine-21282461.jpg

Google image search results.

silent-ocular-migraine-21282461.jpg

Google image search results.

I don't turn into a middle-aged woman, but I know others who do.

This is most accurate for me:

vdfqTJA.jpg

Or this

mQ0piCK.jpg

Except you can't judge the distance of it or look at it. It's just weird as hell and annoying because you basically can't do anything. First time I got it, it was after basketball, and I went to play Far Cry 3, and I thought something was wrong with the view point of the game, and then realized my brain was fucked. I still don't play Far Cry games because of it.

jmdajr

I don't turn into a middle-aged woman, but I know others who do.

This is most accurate for me:

vdfqTJA.jpg

Or this

mQ0piCK.jpg

Except you can't judge the distance of it or look at it. It's just weird as hell and annoying because you basically can't do anything. First time I got it, it was after basketball, and I went to play Far Cry 3, and I thought something was wrong with the view point of the game, and then realized my brain was fucked. I still don't play Far Cry games because of it.
What can you do? Sleep? Take medicine?

Godslay

Banned
Visit r/NFL on Reddit from time to time, so much salt. Goddamn.

You ever see stars from taking a hit to the head?

It's kinda like that but it overlays your vision and creates a blindspot. Then shortly after the headache rolls in. Terrible.

jmdajr

Visit r/NFL on Reddit from time to time, so much salt. Goddamn.

You ever see stars from taking a hit to the head
?

It's kinda like that but it overlays your vision and creates a blindspot. Then shortly after the headache rolls in. Terrible.

Yup, once from getting hit by who knows what at a Fear Factory concert. Sucked!

edit: Oh and my kid headbutted me with the back of her head. Black eye and everything.

That's about it. Never played much sports or got into fights. Most dangerous things have been mosh pits, which can be..pretty crazy.

Gigglepoo

Once again why is David Carr on NFLN?

Its like Dilfer being on ESPN. They were both shitty QB's so why is their opinion valued?

Joe Montana is the greatest quarterback ever and was terrible as a broadcaster. A player's skill has nothing to do with how good he is in the booth.

I want him on the Cardinals as the replacement to Carson. Let Carson start the season and then perform poorly only for Ryan to start and lead us to victory.

We have Tannehill for at least another year, maybe two. He's down the list of issues on the Dolphins. I don't care who you put as QB in our system, with this Oline/play calling/coaching staff nobody would succeed.

We have Tannehill for at least another year, maybe two. He's down the list of issues on the Dolphins. I don't care who you put as QB in our system, with this Oline/play calling/coaching staff nobody would succeed.
Patriots: shuffle o-line constantly, successfully moving players from left to right and everything in between.

Dolphins: lose starting center, throw in a clueless rookie OG who can't properly execute a shotgun snap, much less handle protections.

Coaching and preparation is issue #1.

Patriots: shuffle o-line constantly, successfully moving players from left to right and everything in between.

Dolphins: lose starting center, throw in a clueless rookie OG who can't properly execute a shotgun snap, much less handle protections.

Coaching and preparation is issue #1.

Yup, you should listen to Ians podcast...he breaks down the game plans and coaching...and it's insane how these people are coaching at an NFL level, it's ridiculous. They are completely clueless and outmatched, they have no sense of situational football what so ever. I'm honestly surprised we've won as many games as we have and I don't expect us to win another one this year.

Edit: Oh yeah and don't forget continuing to play from shotgun while Tannehill is literally picking up the football off the grass :/

Yup, you should listen to Ians podcast...he breaks down the game plans and coaching...and it's insane how these people are coaching at an NFL level, it's ridiculous. They are completely clueless and outmatched, they have no sense of situational football what so ever. I'm honestly surprised we've won as many games as we have and I don't expect us to win another one this year.

Edit: Oh yeah and don't forget continuing to play from shotgun while Tannehill is literally picking up the football off the grass :/
I like his stuff so I might have to check it out.

I guess these feelings tend to cycle but I'm back at the "retread over new guy" phase when it comes to the next coach. I just want a guy who is moderately capable of coaching an NFL football team. Apparently that is a lot to ask these days. Sadly it won't happen because no one worth a dime will want to work under Tannenbaum.

I guess these feelings tend to cycle but I'm back at the "retread over new guy" phase when it comes to the next coach. I just want a guy who is moderately capable of coaching an NFL football team. Apparently that is a lot to ask these days. Sadly it won't happen because no one worth a dime will want to work under Tannenbaum.

Man I am the exact opposite. I never ever want another retread coach again. Give me new guys every time.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Ed Bouchette ‏@EdBouchette 3m3 minutes ago

When Ben said he thought he "aced" the concussion test today, he did not know the results. The results show he had a concussion.

I take 4 ibuprofen and drink a shit load of water, basically can't do anything but try to go to sleep. It's usually gone in the morning, but I'll feel the effects of the headache portion for a couple days (like if I sneeze or stand up too fast).

It's pretty rare for me, once every few months, usually comes after strenuous exercise, but it's annoying as shit.

Ed Bouchette ‏@EdBouchette 3m3 minutes ago

When Ben said he thought he "aced" the concussion test today, he did not know the results. The results show he had a concussion.

"don't listen to players when when they diagnose their own injuries."

Good to remember, especially when talking about Ben.

Man I am the exact opposite. I never ever want another retread coach again. Give me new guys every time.

I used to feel this way (I wanted Philbin over Fisher) but when our coaching staff is that clueless I'd rather have a coach that has actual experience coaching an NFL team. Coaching in the NFL shouldn't be a "learn while on the job" position.

Yup, I heard rumors that Ross was getting offers for the Dolphins...would be nice if he sold, until then we are fucked. Our only other hope is that he actually learns from his mistakes....lol :(

jmdajr

The most charmed pro sports franchise ever. Truly is mind boggling.

Ben can still be cleared this week though. Nuk had one a few weeks ago and played the following week

Let's see

Colts

Passing Offense ranks 14 (Houston 12)
Rushing Offense ranks 26 (Houston 19)
Passing Defense ranks 27 (Houston 3!)
Rushing Defense ranks 24 (Houston 16)

Will probably win division and get to 2nd round in Playoffs.

MechDX

Whatevs. At least we won't overpay right?

Take it for what its worth because Im still not 100% buying back in but there is something different about this years team than past.

The way they are handling themselves, the emotion on the field, communication on field are just some of the things I noticed. Maybe some of the vets who were here in 2012 know the shortfalls finally of reading about your own hype before the season ends. Im pretty sure Wilfork is adding his experience into that as well.

Great sign when O'Brien gave them Monday off after the win Sunday and yet every single player showed up Monday to begin prep for the Bills.

Yup, I heard rumors that Ross was getting offers for the Dolphins...would be nice if he sold, until then we are fucked. Our only other hope is that he actually learns from his mistakes....lol :(
Ross selling the team would be absolutely incredible
until we find out the new owner is a complete moron a few months later.

Top Bottom