• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 14 |OT| - A Fraud Probably Injures Himself

Haven't heard about this. What is going on?

Their rookie Okafur is a nut case. He attacked some guy that pulled a gun on him and some other stuff. I guess people feel like their tanking plan is somehow not giving the players the support that they should get. I am sure that getting their head kicked in every night isnt fun for the young guys but oh well, if this crazy plan actually works then they will be winning big at the end.

eznark

Banned
I don't think it gives you guys a competitive advantage.

I just think it's a really great community-oriented business model for a sports team - and it would be perfect for the Browns, who have been fucked over by poor ownership for decades.

If the league allowed it, think you could raise $1.5 billion? For the BROWNS? Would you go to kickstarter?

Pro

Thursday Night Fuckball fuckery. Vikes going to win on the last play of the game on a TD pass from AP to Bridgewater.

Fox318

Their rookie Okafur is a nut case. He attacked some guy that pulled a gun on him and some other stuff. I guess people feel like their tanking plan is somehow not giving the players the support that they should get. I am sure that getting their head kicked in every night isnt fun for the young guys but oh well, if this crazy plan actually works then they will be winning big at the end.

If a vet was on that team like with the T-Wolves those players would be evolving as professionals and adults.

Instead Hinkie is betting everything that Embid isn't Kenny George 2.0 and that he can flip the switch and win when he feels that he has "the kid".

Except you also need vets on that team and you aren't gonna be able to attract the free agents you need in the NBA no matter how much cash you spend.

Hinkie is what happens when you completely remove the humanity from a sport. A team solely driven by numbers that don't necessarily correlate to wining.

eznark

Banned
Just $3800 from every person in Cleveland!

Conveniently that is also the median assessed property value in Cleveland.

But I don't think such a setup should be outlawed for every NFL team except for one.
Were you also losing your shit over Craig McTavish? When you form a legal entity with a bunch of existing organizations there are bound to be some grandfathers.

TheFatOne

Been wanting to say this for a bit, but have been busy. Lafell right now has been a waste. Whatever the issue is he's been below average. Thought he would be solid again this year, but it may be the case of a player just having a good season in a playoff run. He was a solid 3rd option last season, and he has been well below that this season. Some of it is injury/oline, but the more the season goes on the more I'm convinced its just him. Tons of negatives with that guy right now.

Also, can't wait until I'm done with school this semester. I plan on watching the past Pats games. Want to really focus on the defense, and in particular the young guys. Both corners, and the two first round DTs the Pats picked. Just on first watch both of the DTs have started to pick it up. Particularly in the last couple of weeks. Not sure if that is just confirmation bias on my part, but it's going to be fun to watch. Seems like every single week those two guys improve. A really good sign is that Easley still seems to have the explosion he had in college. Guy has such sick explosive burst of the line when he can time it right. Brown has looked way way better than he did early in the year as well. Looks like a legitimate DT right now. I also really want to watch both Ryan, and Butler closely. Ryan in particular though. He has been way improved this year. He's no number one corner, but this year hes done a very nice job as the number two corner.

Pats front seven is shaping up very nicely. They have to sign some guys, and keep drafting well. If they can keep this up for a couple of more years I think this defense will eventually be legit. Just need a few more pieces, and to replace a few guys. It's a shame it took this damn long to address the front seven/defense, but its something to look forward to in future years.

squicken

If a vet was on that team like with the T-Wolves those players would be evolving as professionals and adults.

Instead Hinkie is betting everything that Embid isn't Kenny George 2.0 and that he can flip the switch and win when he feels that he has "the kid".

Except you also need vets on that team and you aren't gonna be able to attract the free agents you need in the NBA no matter how much cash you spend.

Hinkie is what happens when you completely remove the humanity from a sport. A team solely driven by numbers that don't necessarily correlate to wining.

I think it is probably more about money and PR for the league

The owners are realizing that tanking is a bad thing for the league as a whole. For each individual club, it is the proper team building strategy. The Warriors are going to pack their arena and sell gear for the next 10 years. If the Sixers scrap and scrape to 42 wins every year for the next decade, are they going to make the same kind of money? No one is buying good not great players' jerseys or paying the big money for court side season tickets. The Sixers are best off maximizing the odds for Ben Simmons

But for the league as a whole, it is awful. The end result is going to be 15-16 teams trying to lose every game in a given year. Even GS might struggle to with ratings and tickets sales when the Sixers come to town next year.

Eagles Rumors: NFL executives believe DeMarco Murray is trying to force his way back to the Dallas Cowboys:

"In talking to multiple NFL executives, what they believe about the story of DeMarco Murray going to Eagles owner Jeff Lurie to complain about coach Chip Kelly and supposed broken promises is that this is a way, they believe, that Murray is trying to get out of Philadelphia and ultimately return to the Dallas Cowboys. Murray has found out this season that he doesn’t fit with the Eagles just like Kelly has found out that Murray doesn’t fit with the Eagles and their offensive scheme. He did fit with the Dallas offensive scheme, a more down-hill approach, a more physical approach to blocking. The problem for the Cowboys is that there’s $31 million, including $9 million guaranteed, remaining on the final four years of the deal with the Eagles. So a trade, which would already be problematic between the Eagles and the Cowboys, would be even less so because the Cowboys wouldn’t want to pay that kind of contract. So the Cowboys would ultimately have to see if Murray gets cut in order for that to happen. That becomes the big question. Will Chip Kelly realize the error of his ways on this personnel decision with DeMarco Murray and cut Murray at the end of the season despite the fact that Murray has that $9 million in guaranteed money remaining for the 2016 and partially for the 2017 season?"

squicken

I've read a few things that sorta defend his play this year. Chip signed him b/c Chip wants to run inside zone. But the guards and Kelce have been so bad this year that those runs haven't worked. What has worked are the sweeps and counters and outside zone plays. Murray cannot move laterally.

He also is the only back that can actually catch a thrown football, and is by far the best pass blocker. He is whiny and has dogged it a lot, but is also needed this year

Draxal

I think it is probably more about money and PR for the league

The owners are realizing that tanking is a bad thing for the league as a whole. For each individual club, it is the proper team building strategy. The Warriors are going to pack their arena and sell gear for the next 10 years. If the Sixers scrap and scrape to 42 wins every year for the next decade, are they going to make the same kind of money? No one is buying good not great players' jerseys or paying the big money for court side season tickets. The Sixers are best off maximizing the odds for Ben Simmons

But for the league as a whole, it is awful. The end result is going to be 15-16 teams trying to lose every game in a given year. Even GS might struggle to with ratings and tickets sales when the Sixers come to town next year.

Nah, its a catch 22 for owners, they want to succeed but they also want the Big Market teams to suceed as that drives up ticket prices and increase revenue sharing.

The NBA really just should axe 1/3 of the teams they have now.

Fox318

NBA just needs a lottery that has completely even odds for teams not making the playoffs.

That way bad teams are forced to at least try and get better instead of hoping for the next Kobe.

I've read a few things that sorta defend his play this year. Chip signed him b/c Chip wants to run inside zone. But the guards and Kelce have been so bad this year that those runs haven't worked. What has worked are the sweeps and counters and outside zone plays. Murray cannot move laterally.

He also is the only back that can actually catch a thrown football, and is by far the best pass blocker. He is whiny and has dogged it a lot, but is also needed this year

demarco-murray-slide-out-of-bounds-phi-mia.gif

Just about sums up his year so far.

Hindl

Yeah his catching ability and pass blocking are definitely better than Mathews. But he's a N-S runner, and needs an O Line that's big and strong and can really push the D back to open those lanes up. The Eagles o line isn't that, they don't have the power to get that push. However, they are quick, and can move laterally really quickly. So sweeps and outside plays are much more effective, getting the D to move laterally and tire them out, which is why faster players like Mathews and Sproles are doing better. Also obviously the Eagles O Line doesn't have the raw talent the Dallas one does. I just hope Chip gets some nice guards in the draft to bulk up the interior. I think that would really help Murray out. He's been pretty horrible this season, but he's with us till at least next year, so may as well try to play more to his advantages next season

tmdorsey

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14328827/matt-ryan-receivers-not-doing-their-share-nfl

Seriously, who is Matt Ryan holding hostage? How does this guy get a free pass for not being able to "create more big plays downfield" with Julio freakin' Jones? It's right there in his NFL Draft Profile,

If you can't hit a receiver being guarded by a smaller slower defender, that's on you!

He's taking plenty of heat locally believe me.

That Barnwell article is pretty terrible and ignores the fact that, well, this season is pretty much every other Matt Ryan season. Completion percentage, td rate, int rate, depth of targets...all pretty much identical to his career numbers.

Dirty secret no one wants to admit for some reason: Matt Ryan isn't a great QB

Is he a good QB though? I've always put Ryan in the 5-10 range of QBs in the league.

Yes!

#relaxinforPaxton
#GetmeaQBorGTFOH

---

Falcons fans: I feel your pain. Kyle Shanahan is an awful offensive coordinator and in need of a demotion to running backs coach. Shanahan sucks an OC for the second year in a row. Your receiving core is great but Shanny fucking it up with his absolutely BS offense. No way in fuck should Matty Ice struggle with grasping a playbook during the season.

This x10. The playcalling in the redzone and in some short yardage situations boggles the mind. This dude actually ran an empty backfield formation on a 4th and 1.

Oh GOAT Xmas song is Santa Claus Go Straight to the Ghetto

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
fuck local city government.

Submit house plans -> you need a plat
me: wtf is a plat
me: ohh
thousands of dollars later submit plat -> you need a drainage plan
wtf, you couldn't have fucking told use we needed a drainage plan the first time?

also fail to see why we need a drainage plan for a plat. The plat doesn't show or reference the house anywhere, if they wanted it for the house plans that would actually make sense.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

wtf, you couldn't have fucking told use we needed a drainage plan the first time?

also fail to see why we need a drainage plan for a plat. The plat doesn't show or reference the house anywhere, if they wanted it for the house plans that would actually make sense.

Sounds like you need to hire a competent contractor. Anyone worth his salt would know all this shit already.

captive

Sounds like you need to hire a competent contractor. Anyone worth his salt would know all this shit already.

A) the contractor has never dealt with the city we're building within
B) the survey company who we hired to do the plat located near the township that we are building, all they do is surveys and platting, and they also didn't know about the drainage plan requirements from the city.
C) none of that effects the fact that they could have simply told us we need XYZ instead of we need X, submit X, now we need Y etc.
D) every city government is different, some require this stuff, some dont. If we were out in the county the house would probably be half down by now.

my dad is going through the same process, but with City of Houston, he subdivided a corner lot and built a house on it in 2007, hes now building a new house on the other half, City of Houston after receiving his re-plat (for a 3 ft setback that changed from 07 to now, mind you) the lady says wheres your drainage plan. My dad says he never had one, and she says you had to have had one from the last time you did this. Nope, they approved his last time without a drainage plan.

jmdajr

Sorry man.

brentech

A) the contractor has never dealt with the city we're building within
B) the survey company who we hired to do the plat located near the township that we are building, all they do is surveys and platting, and they also didn't know about the drainage plan requirements from the city.
C) none of that effects the fact that they could have simply told us we need XYZ instead of we need X, submit X, now we need Y etc.
D) every city government is different, some require this stuff, some dont. If we were out in the county the house would probably be half down by now.

Still this. If the man is doing his job, he's checking this stuff ahead of time. Never built there, hm, maybe find out what's needed first.

captive

Still this. If the man is doing his job, he's checking this stuff ahead of time. Never built there, hm, maybe find out what's needed first.

yes you guys are right, its all the builders fault, even though he hasn't been involved in the platting process at all. And the survey company was surprised that they wanted a drainage plan as well. Spot on analysis.

Top Bottom