• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 3 |OT| An Epidemic of "Leakyolinitus" has Broken Out

DKf25AuU8AA9n2O.jpg:large

Trump is a man who has crumbled in the face of strong adversity every single time.

He is the definition of a little bitch.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
I'm so glad many teams decided to give Trump a big fuck you this weekend. I'm hoping it continues in some way.

yea its nice and all but Kaep is still not on a roster, so they essentially still agree with the President.

This Steeler team is infuriating. I had high hopes this season but I am seeing more of the same with this group. They will make the playoffs but I honestly don't see them doing much damage once they are in. The offense is just not getting it done. Sure the D got steam rolled but if you can't score more than 17 points well you deserve to lose.

"Kaepernick should get another shot"
"I disagree with the president's comments"

jeez pick a side Tom

That's not picking a side. That's going where the wind blows.

Brady is a politician who will say whatever it takes to make himself look good. Commenting on Kaepernick starting means nothing. Calling a spade a spade means nothing.

Brady is a politician who will say whatever it takes to make himself look good. Commenting on Kaepernick starting means nothing. Calling a spade a spade means nothing.

So what about the Steelers not going out during the anthem because they don't want to actually openly take a stance?

effzee

Carson Wentz made a great play to set up that field goal. Wentz is good at running the two minute drill. Or in this case, the 19 second drill.

He had some amazing plays which won't pop up on the highlight reel, even if overall he had a quiet game. That scramble on 3rd and 4 which led to the first TD was amazing.

He's just gotta get that deep ball figured out. And getting the ball out quicker in general

Yeah. I mean if he hits Alshon, who was wide fucking open, it's a completely different game. The first two drives he also took terrible sacks cause he holds on to the ball sometimes way too long.

Bread

Banned

You know he could have easily taken Trump's side and gotten support from millions of assholes who are pissed about the kneeling. Sorry he didn't speak in strong enough language for you but he definitely picked a side when he said that Kaepernick should be signed.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
yea its nice and all but Kaep is still not on a roster, so they essentially still agree with the President.

Did they link arms to show unity against Trump, display belief that freedom of expression is important, that Kaep should be on a team, or that black people have a shit time in the US?

The message felt kinda muddy to me. The kneeling itself had a much more straight forward message. I just don't think 90% of players, staff, and owners are all for pushing Karl's particular viewpoint.

So what about the Steelers not going out during the anthem because they don't want to actually openly take a stance?

I honestly have no idea what message they were trying to send. Tomlin said that there were some that wanted to kneel, some that wanted to stand, so the group agreed not to be divisive and skip the whole thing altogether.

...Then Alejandro Villanueva leaves the tunnel and stand for the anthem?!

After the game Tomlin made comments about how he was pissed at Trump for politicizing the entire thing and taking the teams (and every other teams) focus away from football.

”We will not be divided by this," Tomlin said. ”We got a group of men in there that come from different socioeconomic backgrounds, races, creeds, ethnicities, religions and so forth. That's football, that's a lot of team sports. But because of opposition, we get drug into bulls–t, to be quite honest with you. Some have opinions, some don't. We wanted to protect those that don't, we wanted to protect those that do. We came here to play a football game today and that was our intentions."

Them staying in the locker room takes criticism away from any one Steeler, which I commend. Villanueva saying "fuck this" and going out there anyway makes every one of his teammates look bad. Honestly fuck that guy.

You know he could have easily taken Trump's side and gotten support from millions of assholes who are pissed about the kneeling. Sorry he didn't speak in strong enough language for you but he definitely picked a side when he said that Kaepernick should be signed.

Apology accepted.

Them staying in the locker room takes criticism away from any one Steeler, which I commend. Villanueva saying "fuck this" and going out there anyway makes every one of his teammates look bad. Honestly fuck that guy.

I think Villanueva being an actual combat vet changes the math a bit. They probably allowed him leeway because of his military service. I didn't think it made his teammates look worse, if anything it showed that the team respected the actual military vet in their midst.

He had some amazing plays which won't pop up on the highlight reel, even if overall he had a quiet game. That scramble on 3rd and 4 which led to the first TD was amazing.

Yeah. I mean if he hits Alshon, who was wide fucking open, it's a completely different game. The first two drives he also took terrible sacks cause he holds on to the ball sometimes way too long.

Wentz is so weird to me. He will fuck up such easy throws/plays and then make some great play out of nowhere. Eagles got so fucking lucky on that terrible PI at the end. Ball was like 5 yards out of bounds no way Smith could have caught it. I really hope Wentz's struggles are just him not having much experience as a starter.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
I honestly have no idea what message they were trying to send. Tomlin said that there were some that wanted to kneel, some that wanted to stand, so the group agreed not to be divisive and skip the whole thing altogether.

...Then Alejandro Villanueva leaves the tunnel and stand for the anthem?!

After the game Tomlin made comments about how he was pissed at Trump for politicizing the entire thing and taking the teams (and every other teams) focus away from football.

Apology accepted.
yea i've already seen Steelers fans applauding that guy, even some that im friends with that are pretty liberal.

the patriotism is deep in this country, even liberals that would otherwise agree blacks get mistreated by the police are still like stand up for the damn anthem!

Zeke

I kinda give Villanueva a pass dude is a vet so I get why he would still be out there. That military thinking/behavior usually sticks. My friend had his daughter b-day party yesterday and games where on the tv I heard a few "hell yea" in support of firing players I just rolled my eyes and walked away. What's funny is my friends mom kept trying to get them to shut up and steer the conversation back to the kids and party.

Sephzilla

I feel like the defiance of Trump would have meant a lot more if some team would have signed Kap to their roster immediately after Trump ran his mouth. Sorta wish the Packers would have done it

Wentz is so weird to me. He will fuck up such easy throws/plays and then make some great play out of nowhere. Eagles got so fucking lucky on that terrible PI at the end. Ball was like 5 yards out of bounds no way Smith could have caught it. I really hope Wentz's struggles are just him not having much experience as a starter.

I really think it just comes down to him lacking polish on the finer techniques of QB play. He was very inexperienced even at the college level, so he has a lot to clean up. He's improved a lot of things this offseason as is, and if that remains true into next season it's a promising sign. He needs to polish his deep ball accuracy, his screen accuracy, and his habit of holding on to the ball too long. His decision making, footwork, and general accuracy all improved this offseason. Unfortunately he did not get the time he needed to polish his game by riding on the bench, and didn't play enough in college to iron some of it out. The fact that polish is all he needs is a promising thing though.

Fox318

I feel like the defiance of Trump would have meant a lot more if some team would have signed Kap to their roster immediately after Trump ran his mouth. Sorta wish the Packers would have done it

Every team owner wants their tax cut and they don't want to piss off the people who can afford season tickets.

Hindl

Yeah he'll pull some crazy Houdini shit then do some baffling play the next time
I think it's just due to his mechanics still being rough. There's been an improvement from last year so I think he'll keep getting better but he still has a lot of work to do. I have your concerns too though

Tomlin's entire thing was just ill conceived if everyone couldn't agree. Go out and let people kneel or stand as they choose.

I think it was going to work until AV decided he had other plans. I have mixed feelings on this.

No matter what though, all is not well in racist Steeler land. God damn that FB page was a shit show yesterday.

Striker

I see Eagles twitter is already clamoring for trades for Adrian Peterson or McCoy.

I love McCoy and would love him back. He would instantly add an explosive element to the offense, which even with Alshon, it is missing especially since Wentz can't hit him deep yet.

BUT I just don't see it. Why would the Bills do it?

Eagles better move things around to draft Barkley next draft. Team him up with Wentz and you really have something.
Just need a 3rd down type back. Smallwood and Blount can do damage behind your guys OL.

Its not like Stephen Jones would have a drastically different pov from jerry in this regard.

It's not every day you see a real life version of the Total Recall scene, though.

I have to assume that under that artificially tightened face is a sentient aneurysm just waiting to show it's true form. Came pretty close to seeing it with the Zeke defense interview.

I'd also love to hear Jason Garrett defend the walking, talking aneurysm assuming control of the team via his own live sacrifice.

"Today we made a decision that was deemed to be in the best interest of the Dallas Cowboys. We're standing by that decision. We're going to move on. Tell my wife I love her."

JABEE

I think with Wentz it’s about consistency of his mechanics. Some of the throws that look wobbly, he’s making on the run with guys launching themselves at him. He just heaves the ball up for his WRs to make a play.

I think Pederson is asking him to take more chances on deep throws. He can hit receivers with dimes on moderate to intermediate throws, but he’s been off to start the season.

The Jeffery ball should have been a TD.

The scramble that led to the PI against Jeffery was a good enough throw and a great scramble.

The Eagles should have been starting Wizniewski since week one at LG. It was night and day with him blocking over Seumalo or Warmack. Those guys need more time to develop, particularly Seumalo, who had never played LG before this year. He needs to be the starter this year.

Nafai1123

Banned
So disappointed in my Raiders. They looked like absolute garbage last night.

Props to the 'Skins though, they looked great.

Really hoping we can bounce back next week. Big game up in Denver.

effzee

I am hoping its a lack of chemistry (for now) with Smith and Alshon. Obviously, they are better at WR this year but he had better chemistry with Mathews and used to hit him right where he needed it.

Just need a 3rd down type back. Smallwood and Blount can do damage behind your guys OL.

True. More than anything they need to commit to running the ball like they did yesterday. Keeps the D honest, reduces the shots on Wentz, and limits his mistakes.

MechDX

Just saw a highlight of the long Demarco Murray TD run vs. the Seahawks. Hawks players look like they just gave up when there were still 4 players who could catch him.

The hell

cdyhybrid

Just saw a highlight of the long Demarco Murray TD run vs. the Seahawks. Hawks players look like they just gave up when there were still 4 players who could catch him.

The hell
Defense was gassed. Titans won time of possession 2:1 and it was 100F on the field.

Striker

Sounds like NYG's run defense. It's currently last in the league. The heat did no favors yesterday but they've been getting gutted every game thus far.

- DT's being rotated and Snacks is not playing many snaps, DE's not containing their gaps and over pursuing on the edge
- Goodson is out, bad LB play (even when he can play, the LB's are still pretty poor)
- no run game offensively, still dead last per usual

Sounds like fantastic GM work.

Top Bottom