• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 3 |OT| An Epidemic of "Leakyolinitus" has Broken Out

Fantomex

Sounds like NYG's run defense. It's currently last in the league. The heat did no favors yesterday but they've been getting gutted every game thus far.

- DT's being rotated and Snacks is not playing many snaps, DE's not containing their gaps and over pursuing on the edge
- Goodson is out, bad LB play (even when he can play, the LB's are still pretty poor)
- no run game offensively, still dead last per usual

Sounds like fantastic GM work.

You guys can't possibly be worse than the Rams run defense. I need to watch some Giants games.

Sephzilla

Packers are in the top 10 in fewest passing yards a game!

Pacq0PH.gif

Sounds like NYG's run defense. It's currently last in the league. The heat did no favors yesterday but they've been getting gutted every game thus far.

- DT's being rotated and Snacks is not playing many snaps, DE's not containing their gaps and over pursuing on the edge
- Goodson is out, bad LB play (even when he can play, the LB's are still pretty poor)
- no run game offensively, still dead last per usual

Sounds like fantastic GM work

Man if you are FA OL next year you are going to get paid by the Giants. No way do they not address the line again.

Striker

Man if you are FA OL next year you are going to get paid by the Giants. No way do they not address the line again.
Pugh and Richburg are FA's. I wouldn't shed a tear if Hart and Jerry ever saw the field again. Flowers too for that matter, but he's out of position. Best bet is the do what the VIkings did and rebuild all of it.

https://twitter.com/StephStradley/status/912368573867282432

I thought Cooks game winning catch was good yesterday. Here is a more zoomed in view and it absolutely was not a catch.

For some reason this angle was only shown once on the broadcast. Makes you wonder if NFL HQ used it at all
So what.

Was called a touchdown on the field so they would have needed very conclusive evidence to overturn it. Looks too close to really overturn the original call.

Stop whining

Hindl

Not just the Giants. There's gonna be a massive bidding war. Look at the Giants, Hawks, Texans, Saints, etc. Tons of teams need OL help
So what.

Was called a touchdown on the field so they would have needed very conclusive evidence to overturn it. Looks too close to really overturn the original call.

Stop whining
That doesn't look close at all. That's very blatantly not a catch. The ball is slipping and moves when he hits the ground

Bread

Banned
Malcolm Butler only allowed 2 for 10? That's not just Hero status, that's Elite Hero status.

Elite Hero Cornerback Malcolm Butler

MechDX

Think there was a play against the Miners in the red zone where all the OL just fell down on the snap. That's just how it is now.

Saw a gif of that play last week but I just cant help but laugh at this. Like why the fuck are they all just laying there? Are they screaming "Where is your god now Russell!?!?!"

Rvaan

Banned
Saw a gif of that play last week but I just cant help but laugh at this. Like why the fuck are they all just laying there? Are they screaming "Where is your god now Russell!?!?!"

They took the low man wins line to heart and went as low as they could.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
https://twitter.com/StephStradley/status/912368573867282432

I thought Cooks game winning catch was good yesterday. Here is a more zoomed in view and it absolutely was not a catch.

For some reason this angle was only shown once on the broadcast. Makes you wonder if NFL HQ used it at all
ARTICLE 3. COMPLETED OR INTERCEPTED PASS. A player who makes a catch may advance the ball. A forward pass is complete (by the offense) or intercepted (by the defense) if a player, who is inbounds:

(a) secures control of the ball in his hands or arms prior to the ball touching the ground; and

(b) touches the ground inbounds with both feet or with any part of his body other than his hands; and

(c) maintains control of the ball after (a) and (b) have been fulfilled, until he has the ball long enough to clearly become a runner. A player has the ball long enough to become a runner when, after his second foot is on the ground, he is capable of avoiding or warding off impending contact of an opponent, tucking the ball away, turning up field, or taking additional steps (see 3-2-7-Item 2).

Note: If a player has control of the ball, a slight movement of the ball will not be considered a loss of possession. He must lose control of the ball in order to rule that there has been a loss of possession.

It's a catch

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I think there's an argument to be made that he never had control of the ball considering the ball goes from in his arm to almost completely out of his arm in roughly a second in real time. In other words, I don't think that is "slight movement"
Yeah, it does look worse than I remember during the broadcast but this is a touchdown somehow so who knows.

Maintaining possession for any amount of time in the endzone usually gets called a TD

MechDX

I think there's an argument to be made that he never had control of the ball considering the ball goes from in his arm to almost completely out of his arm in roughly a second in real time. In other words, I don't think that is "slight movement"

It's Pats "life longs" and Bread arguing it was a catch. If it happened against the Pats favor they would be pulling physics reports to explain why the ball fell like it did and demand Goodell shot into the sun for allowing it

I posted the ESPN link in the Kap thread.

It's true.

Rovell said:
A spokesman for Fanatics, which runs the NFL's online store, confirmed to ESPN that, over the past 24 hours, more Villanueva gear, including jerseys and name and number T-shirts, has been ordered than that of any other NFL player.

It's not talking about just jerseys. That part was false.

But wasn't it Trump who took Brady's side by saying people who locked arms instead of kneeling are good? :p

Trump complained that players were not standing for the anthem, so the players got together and decided to show him by standing for the anthem. It was such a weird choice for a protest.

Top Bottom