• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 4 |OT| Taking a stand by taking a knee

you just proved my point for me. I said the last ten superbowls all the winners had a QB considered elite or managed to play elite during the playoffs.

there's three QBs on this list from both teams that aren't considered every day elite, Flacco, Eli, and Kaepernick. Literally everyone else on the list is considered elite, Rodgers, Ben, Manning P., Brady, Ryan, Warner, all considered elite the only borderline guys are Wilson and Newton.
All of those teams also had dominant (or at least competent) defenses, and kept their QB clean. It's a chicken egg scenario - Which is more important? Franchise guy, or complete team? Unless you're Brady, it's the latter.

Which is funny because everyone spent the whole offseason shitting on the Jets and saying that they would win 2 games or less.

I tried to warn everyone the most Jets thing possible would be winning at least just enough games to get away from the #1 pick the one year they actually want (and would benefit most from getting) it

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
"There's nothing wrong with him and he'll be back soon" - The Colts

Meanwhile he hasn't thrown a pass since day one of this year, and this is how he looks as of late July/early August

DBrCEjpVwAIVfEF.jpg:small

Yeah, totally ready to take a hit to salvage a season

Dude drives a glorified Honda and looks like he's headed to see his favorite jam band

Not exactly what I'd imagine a wealthy retired player doing but more power to him

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
9659003-harrison-smith-golden-tate-nfl-detroit-lions-minnesota-vikings.jpg

TOPIX_Lions_Vikings_Football.JPG.jpg

Golden Tate is one of the most exciting players in the league when he gets the ball in his hands. His game winning TD last season on the road in Minny was probably one of my favorite sports moments ever as a fan.

I'm really hoping that Eric Ebron picks it up because the Detroit media has been (rightfully) hammering him after his terrible game against the Falcons.

Vikings v Lions is going to be a great game but in the end the better football team will win.

Rvaan

Banned
I tried to warn everyone the most Jets thing possible would be winning at least just enough games to get away from the #1 pick the one year they actually want (and would benefit most from getting) it
To me the most Jets thing would be them getting the 2nd pick or 3rd and have some team trade up infront of them. That team then takes the QB the Jets wanted.

Greg

Remember when Packers fans insisted Rodgers didn't need receivers, an o-line or a defense? Good times.
was that his recent 38-5 year? 31-8? 40-7? I can't remember...

but go ahead and throw Graham Harrell in the starting position on that Super Bowl team that went 10-6 and barely snuck into the playoffs - let me know how that 'complete' team works out

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man

Meanwhile he hasn't thrown a pass since day one of this year, and this is how he looks as of late July/early August

goddamn he looks like a 40 year old cancer patient.

Rvaan

Banned
Why did that guy steal my copy of Dune and remove the tape I had holding the cover on?!

To shame you for the way you treat your books. If you really cared you would have either paid to have the cover reattached or bought another copy of it.

was that his recent 38-5 year? 31-8? 40-7? I can't remember...

but go ahead and throw Graham Harrell in the starting position on that Super Bowl team that went 10-6 and barely snuck into the playoffs - let me know how that 'complete' team works out
You're right, Aaron is all you need. That's why the Packers won the last 5 Super Bowls.

Miracle

I'm supporting my Rams but not holding my breath on them winning this one :(

Just believe in miracles friend. :)

Remember when Packers fans insisted Rodgers didn't need receivers, an o-line or a defense? Good times.

To be fair, they did have a high school level defense last year and still made it to the NFC championship.

A QB can only do so much. Not everyone can carry a team like Kurt Warner.

JABEE

What happened to Andrew Luck? He looks like he lost a lot of weight.

Hindl

Welp
Les Bowen ✔@LesBowen
Teammates expect Fletcher Cox to miss two or three weeks
3:25 PM - Sep 27, 2017
At least McLeod and Hicks are practicing. The DL depth is gonna be testing

Farooq

Banned

What have you done to him Colts? He was the chosen one.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
What have you done to him Colts? He was the chosen one.

Seriously man. The wrinkles on his forehead are worrisome. The burden of carrying the Jim Irsay Colts may be to much. Here is his Dad for comparison sake (maybe he got Botox?)

andrew-lucks-dad-expected-to-become-the-head-of-the-wealthiest-college-sports-program.jpg

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
They need to let J-Wobble play in the nickel more. Have him take Alualu's snaps. With Tuitt probably coming back, there won't be a ton of opportunities.

Greg

You're right, Aaron is all you need. That's why the Packers won the last 5 Super Bowls.
that's not my argument, hence my surprise when you discovered that football was a team sport - that response was to show that great talent at the position could consistently make a lot happen with less (moreso than any other position)

you're making it seem like drafting/signing the best talent at EVERY OTHER POSITION is easy and is simply overlooked

GM Deacon: "Hey, guys, I have an idea - instead of that franchise QB, let's throw together one of those complete teams! Maybe we can settle for a 2015 Broncos-tier defense!"

And what year are you giving Brady credit for winning it all by himself?

gutshot

Welp

At least McLeod and Hicks are practicing. The DL depth is gonna be testing

We need the offense to carry the team during this next 3-4 weeks. Then hopefully we'll get Fletch, Darby and maybe Sidney Jones back for the second half of the season.

effzee

We need the offense to carry the team during this next 3-4 weeks. Then hopefully we'll get Fletch, Darby and maybe Sidney Jones back for the second half of the season.

While Cox is the best player on the D and 2nd most important behind Wentz, they should be able to win a game or two without him.

that's not my argument, hence my surprise when you discovered that football was a team sport - that response was to show that great talent at the position could consistently make a lot happen with less (moreso than any other position)

you're making it seem like drafting/signing the best talent at EVERY OTHER POSITION is easy and is simply overlooked

GM Deacon: "Hey, guys, I have an idea - instead of that franchise QB, let's throw together one of those complete teams! Maybe we can settle for a 2015 Broncos-tier defense!"

And what year are you giving Brady credit for winning it all by himself?
Last year. His defense once again shit the bed on him and he had to pull their assess out of the fire.

A lot happen /= winning the Super Bowl. Packers are experiencing this first hand - Packers
are dying a a slow death shedding their offensive line talent and continuously trotting out a mediocre at best D. Is Aaron Rodgers great? Sure. Can he drag the Pack to a Super Bowl victory? All signs so far say no. Drew Brees went through the same purgatory.

And I didn't say get a complete team. I said work on everything else, THEN get your QB! Not everyone can be the Broncos and have PM fall in their lap then subsequently buy a defense for a championship run.

Zeke

Colts have broken Luck, they should never be allowed to draft a first round qb again. I seriously don't get why he stayed in Indy. He could have gotten paid by a bunch of different teams and those teams would actually surround him with talent instead of whatever the fuck they are tossing on the field in Indy.

Mindlog

Blade Runner did it.
Dune going to do it.

Football can't keep me down.

The main reason GB hasnt made it back to the SB, other than their defensive coordinator being one of the 5 worst in the league, is that they refuse to dip into the free agency pool. Teams that rely purely on drafting well or getting steals in free agency will never be on top.

Why is he not on the IR?

The Colts are weird. You can't let him play this season.

Irsay said it was a minor surgery and that he would be back before the start of the season. He doesn't want to admit he was wrong/lying. Plus he seems crazy enough to think that maybe by week 6 or so the Colts will still be in it in the terrible south and they can just chuck Luck out their and hope for the best.

Colts have broken Luck, they should never be allowed to draft a first round qb again. I seriously don't get why he stayed in Indy. He could have gotten paid by a bunch of different teams and those teams would actually surround him with talent instead of whatever the fuck they are tossing on the field in Indy.

Yeah Luck should have at least forced them to tag him like Cousins forced the Skins. Maybe he could have gotten traded to a functional NFL team.

Farooq

Banned
Farooq!

ConsciousCarefulCurlew-size_restricted.gif

I know you'd appreciate it at least.

That guard had no chance one on one. They need to get him into more alignments that give him a one on one rush. I know he plays nose, but still there aren't too many interior lineman can block him alone.

How is the front-7 looking now?

Colts think their franchise QB will fix everything!

Would be crazy if it weren't a league wide epidemic. Grigson made GM of the year that year he drafted Luck, remember?

That guard had no chance one on one. They need to get him into more alignments that give him a one on one rush. I know he plays nose, but still there aren't too many interior lineman can block him alone.

How is the front-7 looking now?

I'd like to say dominant, but last week happened.

They're the best they have been in years though. Speed everywhere, effective pass rushing. I really wish Watt was in that game last Sunday as I feel some of the problems where with Chickillo missing his run fits. I'm excited though, especially for Tuitt to come back.

Top Bottom