• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 5 |OT| Free fallin', I'm-a free fallin'

LJ11

I know some folks don't like this booth, but I love how miserable they are while watching this game. Complaining about playcalls, complaining about refs, love it.

JABEE

The problem with mcdonough is hes just basically irrelevent. He never really adds anything to a game, he repeats (sometimes correctly) what we just saw, its empty noise, theres no need for it
He does criticize the referees and won’t hold back on his commentary.

Repeating what we saw is the announcers job.

Generate

Banned
Ray is just not a very memorable character. She lacks a personality and it fails to create emotional attachment. Like I literally wouldnt care if she died. Id care more about if finn got hurt or killed because at least he is kind of funny.

MechDX

Cowboys have gone from America’s Team to Trump's MAGA Team

For months, the alternative facts of the Donald Trump Administration have been parsed, catalogued and dissected, with seemingly all manner of political statements subject to a debate over accuracy. But at least one declaration has passed into legitimacy.

President Trump told the truth about Jerry Jones. And ever since, America’s Team has become the political property of Team America.

In September, Trump said the Dallas Cowboys owner would find a way to halt protests when it came time for his team to honor the American flag on a football field. And on Sunday night, Jones affirmed it, drawing a political line down the middle of his locker room and essentially threatening the job and livelihood of any Cowboys player who would dare cross it.

Whether intended or not, the Big “D” in Dallas and the Big “D” in the White House are in perfect alignment. And just like that, they became Donald Trump’s team. His shining beacon. The political chip he will play over and over again on Sundays. That’s what Jerry Jones invited. He took Trump’s declarations on striking down “son of a bitch” anthem-kneelers and backed it up with his own franchise.

Will that compass get ripped as being hypocritical? Undoubtedly. That’s what happens when a team roster has occasionally been a weigh station for a woman batterer, drunk drivers, drug abusers, a man convicted of manslaughter and more. All manner of flawed personalities that Jones has defended in the past. But a man taking a knee? Unacceptable.

Jones would rather not play than play with a guy who takes a knee during the national anthem. Those words might as well have been written by Trump, who has repeatedly said NFL players should be forced to stand for the flag and national anthem or be fired.

It’s Jones’ prerogative. It’s his team. The players are his employees. And barring a massive fistfight with the players union over freedom of speech, he can go ahead and suspend whoever he wants over the anthem protests. At the end of the day, it’s his bottom line that he has to worry about.

I said GOT DAMN! Robinson dropping fire!

Top Bottom