• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

eznark

Banned
I didn't play Driveclub but I liked Knack.

I actually don't care much for reviewers either since I think game journalism is a joke and not a real job.

But The Order always looked just ok to me.

I have a weird boner for Arthurian legend stuff so I was hooked from day one. Plus I need to support our good buddy Splat.

Konka

Banned
I'm sure there is a forum specifically for kids who just spent a few weeks in Europe and think they are the first Americans to ever do so.

Build a PC clown.

26 weeks now is a few.

Did you start hating video games the same time you started hating America?

I didn't actively go out of my way to hate video games. I bought SCII back in 2010 and was disappointed. Skyward Sword was disappointing and Diablo 3 was disappointing. I don't really hate them now I'd just rather watch a movie or read something than spend all that money on them.

I still enjoy playing SNES/Genesis games and most N64 era games. Probably half for nostalgia but most new games just don't do it for me.

eznark

Banned
26 weeks now is a few.

laugh.gif

TheFatOne

The order should be 30-40 dollars. The 60 dollar initial price kills games like these. I don't mind playing shallow games provided they are entertaining but 60 for this game is way to much. Consoles need more variable pricing. Not every game is worth 60 dollars. If you go no multiplayer the campaign better be fantastic.

eznark

Banned
Josh Freeman: 6'6'' 240lb

Jameis Winston: 6'3'' 233lb (just weighed in at combine)

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

Knack and Driveclub reviewed like shit as well. And no one is even covering Game of the Year Offworld Trading Company.

Reviewers aren't for me!

Yep.

I pay little to no attention to reviews and haven't for a long time. I have the Order arriving tomorrow and I'll make up my own mind.

Respect

The Order threads have been entertaining to say the least...the fact that it comes out at a bit of a dry spell did not help the game, just amplifying the negative press.

ampere

Josh Freeman: 6'6'' 240lb

Jameis Winston: 6'3'' 233lb (just weighed in at combine)

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

After the crab legs incident fans realized he was hungry and sent him more crab legs

He's like Santa Claus, only with crab legs instead of cookies, and sexual assault charges

eznark

Banned
The order should be 30-40 dollars. The 60 dollar initial price kills games like these. I don't mind playing shallow games provided they are entertaining but 60 for this game is way to much. Consoles need more variable pricing. Not every game is worth 60 dollars. If you go no multiplayer the campaign better be fantastic.

The order will be even cheaper! Buy it, beat it in two hours, then sell it for $40! Only $20 and 2 hours of time invested.

I'll pick up The Order when it's $20 or so. I'm playing through Metroid Prime right now so I'm not in any big hurry. I got over the need to play most big releases at launch a long time ago.

Draxal

Outside of the people that bitch & whine on gaming side and, it's riches like Ez that are killing the industry.

All hail our mobile f2p indie PC overlords.

Err, modeling/texturing takes much more effort/manpower these days than compared to PSx days you're paying more for more.

Tom Penny

The Order has the most unsurprising scores I've ever seen. At least they built a good engine. They should outsource it to people that know about gameplay..

gutshot

26 weeks now is a few.

I didn't actively go out of my way to hate video games. I bought SCII back in 2010 and was disappointed. Skyward Sword was disappointing and Diablo 3 was disappointing. I don't really hate them now I'd just rather watch a movie or read something than spend all that money on them.

I still enjoy playing SNES/Genesis games and most N64 era games. Probably half for nostalgia but most new games just don't do it for me.

I'm with you, Konka. Video game talk in here is annoying. There are tons of threads on this board for you all to geek out on gaming news, why do we have to bring it in here?

brentech

Probably half for nostalgia but most new games just don't do it for me.

tumblr_mo6xnjso1U1s1k7bmo1_500.gif

Man I haven't bought a console since the Wii in 2006 and since 2010 I've bought SCII, Skyward Sword and D3. I just don't really enjoy playing games anymore, I've tried, just doesn't really do it for me any longer.

Video games lol

I can't even play those new fangled Pokemon games.

150 fo life.

Yeah. I enjoyed gaming when the AAA tiles had much more variety. Where are the skateboarding and snowboarding games? Tony Hawk and SSX were great. Spyro, Banjo, etc. Hell even like a WWII FPS would be different at this point.

And it is true that all the AAA titles have that terrible 'next gen' color palette.

You fucking people and your vidya games.

The big developers are using the the same innovation strategy as Taco Bell these days. The same ingredients packaged is a few various different shells over and over and over.

Part of the problem for me at least I think is that for the most part this generation just feels like an upgraded extension of the last generation which dates back to 2005 for gods sake. Before that each console generation was distinctly different than the previous gen.

Thats-Cool-Baby-John-Travolta-In-Grease-Gif.gif

I'm with you, Konka. Video game talk in here is annoying. There are tons of threads on this board for you all to geek out on gaming news, why do we have to bring it in here?
Because I want to talk to my NFL-GAF bros about things other than the NFL during the dead of the offseason? My mistake, for some reason I was thinking this was a community thread.

ampere

#bankonka

It's cool when people are talking about games a bit. Some of the threads for those games will move too fast to have a real conversation or anything

Godslay

Banned
Because I want to talk to my NFL-GAF bros about things other than the NFL during the dead of the offseason? My mistake, for some reason I was thinking this was a community thread.

Please stay on topic.

Posts are limited to Pats knob slobbing, wifus or other animu related items, and posting pictures of bad food.

You're out of line TDR.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm sure there is a forum specifically for kids who just spent a few weeks in Europe and think they are the first Americans to ever do so.

Build a PC clown.

I play more games on my PC than anywhere else jerk!

380 steam games and counting!

I've played 134 of them but I like to think that's a higher ratio than most

Please stay on topic.

Posts are limited to Pats knob slobbing, wifus or other animu related items, and posting pictures of bad food.

You're out of line TDR.
Do you really think it's appropriate to tell me this in a post in the official NFL community thread? Don't you think this type of discussion would be more appropriate via PM, or perhaps a separate thread in OT? My apologies for this off-topic response to your off-topic response about my off-topic post.

we've given the FIFA community too much of a break
I have been getting too pissed off playing solo seasons, I need someone there to make me laugh away the tough losses!

gutshot

I guess the Cardinals won't be drafting Mariota...

Les Bowen @LesBowen
Arians on spread: They hold up a card on the sideline, he kicks his foot & they snap the ball. That ain’t playing QB. No leadership in that.

Espn about to take the Ray farmer press conference.

Browns on national television for all the wrong reasons 😞😞😞😞😌😌😌

Godslay

Banned
Sounds like Browns, Raiders, and Patriots interested in Julius Thomas.

Wonder how Gronk would feel to be paid less than a TE that's half as good as he is.

Pats have to spend their money though to meet cap spending % so Thomas is a good way to blow some cash. Question is how it will all work out to get from 82% to 89% while being in the red in terms of cap.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
This wouldn't have happened if we were still stickied at the top of the OT section!!

#BanCommunity
Have you played Offworld Trading Company yet?

Looks pretty great so I'll have to give it a shot at some point.

Strategy games are probably my favorite genre.

Greg

I have been getting too pissed off playing solo seasons, I need someone there to make me laugh away the tough losses!
I played this guy the other day that had 2 identical goals from 30 yards out with Di Maria

that's when I decided to set down the controller and go work out

Godslay

Banned
Do you really think it's appropriate to tell me this in a post in the official NFL community thread? Don't you think this type of discussion would be more appropriate via PM, or perhaps a separate thread in OT? My apologies for this off-topic response to your off-topic response about my off-topic post.

I was out of line. I have referred to the NFL-GAF Posting protocol section 33-668, addendum s-tf-U, and have PM'd Wes and am awaiting punishment.

I played this guy the other day that had 2 identical goals from 30 yards out with Di Maria

that's when I decided to set down the controller and go work out
Yeah... it's a great sports game but it's still a sports game! Frustrating as hell sometimes.

I had the absolute worst experience last weekend. Have you ever messed with the tournaments that pop up in seasons every so often? They are single elimination and you have to win four straight rounds to get the trophy. Anyway I made it to the finals after a few tough matches and had this guy 1-0 in the 90th minute. He runs down the field and I am giving him a little space so I don't whiff on a tackle and he unleashes a bomb with Rooney that ties the game. I kick off, whistle blows instantly and we head to extra time. Right away he gets a header goal off of a corner and I miss a few good chances the rest of the way and lose... It was brutal.

Thankfully I reentered the tournament after that loss and won it the next time around, haha.

Top Bottom