• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

Spinluck

Well. Gaelic Football is the most popular. It is entirely an amateur sport but also the most popular in the country.

It has a goal like soccer and uprights like football. You can score both goals and points. A goal is when you get it in the net between the goal post and an point is when you kick it through the uprights. 1 goal is worth the same as 3 points. So you will often see scores like 3-02 vs 4-01. That signifies 3 goals and 2 points vs 4 goals and 1 point.

Hurling is the next most popular sport and the scoring system is exactly the same and played on the same field. Main difference is that you have a wooden stick that you use to whack the ball all around the field and only wear helmet.

strikerrr-hurling.jpg

Get out

JABEE

I think from this point forward we shouldn't rag on Gata or entertain his silly antics. We don't want to become that community.

FootballFan

No it was often them.

Mostly drive by posters and 1 or 2 regular members of FootballGAF.

I'm always in there telling those people to grow up.

Football/Soccer threads in OT always become a discussion about the name. Annoys me since it takes away from what usually is an interesting topic.

Draxal

Football/Soccer threads in OT always become a discussion about the name. Annoys me since it takes away from what usually is an interesting topic.

Yeah, I perused footy gaf a couple of times and I really don't recognize the names there trolling those threads.

It's a shame too, as the sports while sharing a pretty common origin are completely different now aside from having 11 players playing on a field/pitch/turf.

Syrinx

The comparisons frankly never made too much sense to me since the two sports are completely different.

Either way, those discussions typically turn really shitty really quickly so I always stayed out of them.

Jarnet87

Footy gaf is dead. My choices now are go back to the misc soccer thread and read Ronaldo vs Messi for the 10,000th time, or go to the hell that is redcafe.

Oh well at least this thread seems to have some discipline. offseason is the best for the Bucs, it's better then the actual season.

Syrinx

syrinx are you ready for the new winston era?
Jason Licht practically ratted himself out on the pick
Eh...I dunno man. All the talent in the world but those red flags are scary.

Maybe I wouldn't be so apprehensive if I thought our coaching staff could straighten him out, but I'm not sure Lovie can.

Plus I wanted giraffe future. :(

JABEE

The Sixers traded KJ McDaniels and MCW for picks.

Holy Shit. The Sixers aren't even trying to be good for another 6 years.

Today we must stand as one. Learn the lessons of our comrades who have had their homes taken from them and make sure we do not repeat their mistakes. Today we are all gatas.

Top Bottom