• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Super Bowl LI |OT| Rise Up, Go LI Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

LosDaddie

Banned
Cross posting from the other thread:

Entertaining game.
Won $50 from a bet with my friend.
Plus, NE and Tom Brady winning would cause the most heartache for GAF.

So pretty good night 😊

C383d00XAAEn_0G.jpg:large

:(

Love this.

Like I can't really say anything. It was a great game. Really wish the Falcons would've took it but inexperience showed there.

Still salty af

ch4fx_

Earlier this week, I remember a few posters being very adamant that the Pats & TOM BRADY were not a Dynasty.

How about now?

Dominator

The funniest thing about this game is the Pats fans trying to act like they're not supporting Trump by rooting for the Patriots.
Is this a real post? You realize the Patriots have been a team long before this election and Trump became president? I mean... what? You want people to not root for their team all of a sudden cause of some other outside factor?

Peltz

They're cheaters.

I don't have the energy to fight anymore.
If you don't think this win established New England's credibility in the sport then you are in total denial. They won the super bowl in the greatest comeback in history after their star QB served a 4 game suspension.

Whether they've followed the rules previously or not, it doesn't matter. They've shown that they can win even under the most extreme situations without cheating. Tonight's win was a genuine comeback with circus catches a lucky turnover and great play selection. If you think they cheated to get there then we clearly watched a different game.

Ric Flair

Banned
I didn't think it'd be possible for a game to outclass the packers/cowboys game but this one did it. Greatest comeback in history.

electrotonus

Neo Member
This politicization of all fields of life is ridiculous. It's a sports game, not some epic clash between good and evil.

In the end, the better team won, in a historic and dramatic fashion. Great game, one for the ages. No need to overdramatize.

Damn, you can tell the radio team on 92.9 The Game is barely holding back tears.
They just came back from station ID to heavy sighs, a sniffle, and about 5 seconds of dead air.

yuraya

Brady looked so good in that OT drive I think he can win another 2-3 more rings. Next year for sure they will come out of the AFC again.

TO be fair, the politicization in this game isn't too out there considering I'm sure Kraft and Brady gave money to Trump.

I still eat Chik-fil-A though, so eh.

I mean I get that. But it's just sports. At the end of the day it doesn't mean a damn thing. It's sports. The Pats winning isn't going to have any impact on what happens in my life for the next 4 years.

Symbolism is important.

A team named the *Patriots* began its dynasty in 2001....

Peltz

This politicization of all fields of life is ridiculous. It's a sports game, not some epic clash between good and evil.

In the end, the better team won, in a historic and dramatic fashion. Great game, one for the ages. No need to overdramatize.
Agreed, the game itself was dramatic enough. It was a good spirited competition.

ch4fx_

That was the GREATEST comeback in Super Bowl history, by none other than the GREATEST player in history.

I like that Toms name is synonymous with GREATNESS. They go well together.

ExVicis

You know it's going to get toned that way though. By people from all sides. And that's what upsets me the most since I really didn't care who won this game.

Boke1879

Yup. Unfortunately you have extreme people on both sides making it as such. Of course some here mean it simply as a joke.

But tomorrow we'll all go about our lives and this game won't change anything.

janoDX

Holy crap how do you blew away a 25 point advantage?

How?

Now I'm taking that L.

Brady just showing off one more time and proving why he's the greatest.

I'm so happy to live in an era to witness Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Tim Duncan, and now Tom Brady win 5 to 6 Championships. Also, Cubs winning their first after 108 years. Sports is amazing.

ChrisD

The funniest thing about this game is the Pats fans trying to act like they're not supporting Trump by rooting for the Patriots.

I've literally never watched a football game in my life and was rooting for them just because of that comeback. They were playing out of their minds. Glad I don't know anything about the team then, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom