• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Super Bowl LI |OT| Rise Up, Go LI Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

This politicization of all fields of life is ridiculous. It's a sports game, not some epic clash between good and evil.

In the end, the better team won, in a historic and dramatic fashion. Great game, one for the ages. No need to overdramatize.
It was politicized as soon as their QB and coach decided to openly endorse white supremacy.

Sorry if the real-life suffering caused by their president bleeds into your entertainment.

Heroman

Banned
This politicization of all fields of life is ridiculous. It's a sports game, not some epic clash between good and evil.

In the end, the better team won, in a historic and dramatic fashion. Great game, one for the ages. No need to overdramatize.
This, Fuck Trump bit I come to football to forget all about him.

Couldn't even imagine. Type of loss that makes you hate the sport .

As a former Oilers fan, I feel for Atlanta. I was witness to The Comeback, (or in Houston, known as The Choke) the worst comeback defeat in NFL history. Playoff game in '93 against the Bills. Oilers were up 28-3 at the half. Warren Moon and his "run n' shoot" offense was killing it. But the Bills came back and beat us 41-38 in OT. It was brutal, and felt much like this game.

lucius

Tip the cap to The Patriots great football team maybe best Dynasty ever, got to admit Belichick and Brady unlike anything ever seen in sports. Just think we may see Brady in 10 Super Bowls before it's over .

Peltz

As far as I'm concerned, this win also elevates the Giant's 2 Super Bowl wins against the Patriots in terms of importance in the sport.

Patriots would have been 7 time champs if my Giants didn't stop them.

Bizzquik

Radio calls in Atlanta are so sad right now.
This will forever be known as the season where Atlanta blew the biggest lead in Super Bowl history.

"Horrific collapse"
"This is excruciating"
"At a loss for words"

Fuck football.
I take my Super Bowl squares winning with trepidation.

As a Seahawks fan, I feel you.
How did we not win that game! 1 yard line!! And up 10 with just nine minutes left!
Today, when Jones caught that pass deep in Patriots territory late, how did the Falcons not get a field goal attempt out of it!
Patriots, man. If you ain't Eli Lucky Manning, this stuff just happens to you.

Switch curse is real

...so begins the latest, and most-certainly long-lasting, meme on GAF.

I've literally never watched a football game in my life and was rooting for them just because of that comeback. They were playing out of their minds. Glad I don't know anything about the team then, lol.
If you're not informed don't listen to the slate haters for their takes on the political implications of a football team.

Either way, go Pats!

Falcons are chokers, Hawks are constantly mediocre......

At least you guys have that fancy new traffic clusterfuck of a stadium for the Braves with a top ranked farm system.

It was politicized as soon as their QB and coach decided to openly endorse white supremacy.

Sorry if the real-life suffering caused by their president bleeds into your entertainment.

Patriots became politicized when Brady gave Obama the cold shoulder. He won't be doing the same with you know who.

Slacker

So:

Collapse

OR

Comeback?

I'm leaning pretty heavily towards collapse on this one.

Both but a smidge more collapse:

1) ATL drop back pass while 3rd and 2 on your own 25ish, fumble. NE score.

2) ATL 1st down on NE 25, drop back back and more back out of FG range and get no points.

3) ATL challenge clearly caught NE ball and lose final timeout.

4) ATL run ball out of endzone on final drive to start on own 11 instead of 25.

HylianTom

Banned
Meanwhile, in New Orleans..

https://twitter.com/trillmagnolia/status/828450370636558336
CACAA1C2-9123-4190-853F-36A04755816A.jpg

JaMarco

Boy the Patriots haven't just been bring home SBs lately, they've ripping the opposing team and fansbase's hearts out in the process. Delicious.

njean777

Fucking great game, I admit I kind of lost hope for a bit at halftime, but dam the Pats literally just showed the falcons who was boss. Awesome game and glad the Pats won.

Ric Flair

Banned

Fuck off with this trash, they can support Hitler for all I care, I don't watch football to see who bill belicheck voted for.

Great game. I feel like every time the Patriots are in the Super Bowl, I say "Well this was the best Super Bowl of all time..."

BUt I really think this one has to be. A lousy game for 40 minutes, but the greatest comeback in NFL history.

I feel bad for Atlanta and Dwight Freeney. They were dominant for 40 minutes, even dominant for 45 or 50 minutes. Great team, deserved as much to win as any team.

So the Seahawks just had to run to win and the falcons just had to run the ball three times when they were in field goal range to win. It is nuts how much these teams psyche themselves out.

It's really not. Atlanta has some of the best and brightest fans, but it doesn't seem to transcend a particular sport or period.

Falcons and Hawks are likely the mainstays, but it's not a hot sporting area.

I don't know where you keep getting this from, but it's wrong. Our issue is our fans rather watch the games from home or bars. Saw Falcons gear absolutely everywhere the last couple months. Dome was rocking in both playoff games.

If you can't see that, that's on you. Not even getting into our rabid college fans.

Crazyorloco

Fucking great game, I admit I kind of lost hope for a bit at halftime, but dam the Pats literally just showed the falcons who was boss. Awesome game and glad the Pats won.

Yeah I like the Patriots and I was already thinking I'm not going to watch anymore...but man that switch. It was amazing how at the end everything was finally going the patriots way. Including the coin toss.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Love it, Patriot haters always trying to find a new angle to justify their hatred for greatness.

Can't appreciate greatness when they see it.. says more about them then fans who appreciate it.

patriot fans get so rattled when you bring up their team supporting trump

it's like they can't decide between hating them like the rest of us sane people or still beat the drum that the patriots aren't evil incarnate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom