• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Super Bowl LI |OT| Rise Up, Go LI Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syder

steven_gerrard_cl-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwfSVWeZ_vEN7c6bHu2jJnT8.jpg
3 goal deficits get overturned in football fairly regularly though. Liverpool had the GOAT comeback before tonight.

United winning the 99 CL Final is more shocking than Istanbul, imo.

Spinluck

Hilarious that after Julio bails Ryan out after making a god tier catch. They opt to not run it and try to pass, and take a big sack. At that point I felt that it was over. Matt Ryan just swallowed the ball.

Sudden death OT is so stupid.

I have so many questions for Shanahan. Got too passive after that last TD. And then after Julio's crazy catch, all he needed to do was run three times and kick the FG smh.

Hard for me to blame Matt there though. Freeman completely whiffed on his block.

Can't believe what I watched, I had no stakes in either team but no one should have to lose like that! Falcons had no answer in that final quarter, it was relentless gains. Insane amount of unanswered points.

Why oh why didn't they go for that 3 pointer, I couldn't understand what they were doing!!

Yopis

Can't believe what I watched, I'm not a fan of either team but no one should have to lose like that! Falcons had no answer in that final quarter, it was relentless gains. Insane amount of unanswered points.

Why oh why didn't they go for that 3 pointer, I couldn't understand what they were doing!!

Vegas and backroom deals probably. Just doesn't make sense.

Don't root for either team.

Big-E

Never was a contest. Greatest QB to ever play the game. The one thing that he has over anyone else is that he never had a long term, A+ level threat. Randy Moss was the closest he had and Gronk has been in the later years but no Gronk for the later part of this season and he still delivered. Montana had Rice, Manning had Harrison and got to play on a fast track for pretty much every game. No one holds a candle to him.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Never was a contest. Greatest QB to ever play the game. The one thing that he has over anyone else is that he never had a long term, A+ level threat. Randy Moss was the closest he had and Gronk has been in the later years but no Gronk for the later part of this season and he still delivered. Montana had Rice, Manning had Harrison and got to play on a fast track for pretty much every game. No one holds a candle to him.
And when he had Moss he threw like a billion TDs, iirc.

I pretty much agree. Although it went my team's way in this game and I loved it. I've never really liked that format at all. I would prefer just to play the whole quarter out.

Playing the whole quarter out doesn't make sense, but I don't understand how you don't give both teams a possession. It's so stupid.

Sorry, not really, but close.

Also, 98% of North Americans have no idea what you're talking about with this pic. This might a well be a picture of a trophy after a fishing competition.

Wait, so because americans dont know about it, its irrelevant?

He is right anyway. 3-0 down in the CL final against that milan team against that defence.

One of my friends is dick riding Brady hard and said the Patriots were down 28-3 on purpose to make it hype. I just straight up laughed and left the room.

Caja 117

NE outgained Atl by 202 yards. NE also doubled Atlanta's time of possession, more like 2 1/2 to 1.
Yeah ...comeback to what I was saying, Falcon D was defenetly out of gas by the time the Pats starting rolling, and because the Pats D also didnt expend that much time on the field they were fresh to be shutdown at the end.

Playing the whole quarter out doesn't make sense, but I don't understand how you don't give both teams a possession. It's so stupid.

If your defense can't hold a team to a FG then why does your offense deserve a possession? NFL OT rules are fine, I wouldn't want them to go to a college style situation where teams keep trading touchdowns.

TyrantII

Yup.

What's also fitting is SF49'ers are Tom Bradys team, he just surpassed his idol. It's fitting.

This is literally the kid growing up to do what his hero did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom