• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Super Bowl LI |OT| Rise Up, Go LI Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krogan

That was amazing, I was not feeling well yesterday and watching the first half felt like the salt was being prepared for me. Gaga really came through and brought my spirits up high but that comeback win. Reading this thread from start to finish is going to be the icing on top of the icing.

TyrantII

giphy.gif

That's some karma coming back for two Giants catches in two super bowls.

So good to be on the fun side of that for once

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
1. Tyree
2. Edelman
3. Kearse

I loved the comeback..

But how can that be the overtime rules? A coin toss decides the game. Horrific rules.

I hated it forever but it kinda makes sense.
Its unfair but is something that forces teams to be good on both sides.

Happy with the outcome but still think it should be changed eventually.

If your defense can't hold a team to a FG then why does your offense deserve a possession? NFL OT rules are fine, I wouldn't want them to go to a college style situation where teams keep trading touchdowns.

This is so dumb.

Especially since at that point in the game, everyone knew the outcome as soon as NE won the toss. ATL's defense was already finished.

It's a tie game and you essentially tell the first team to get the rock it's their game if they score. That doesn't even sound right.

This is so dumb.

Especially since at that point in the game, everyone knew the outcome as soon as NE won the toss. ATL's defense was already finished.

It's a tie game and you essentially tell the first team to get the rock it's their game if they score. That doesn't even sound right.

No, you need a touchdown not any score. Defenses have a chance to get a stop and they very often do. Offenses winning OT on the first possession isn't a problem with the current rules.

The where with all, to let go of the ball realizing you are losing grip and go for the catch again!

Edelman will never have to buy a drink again!

I have no idea what to say.

My shock is JUST starting to wear off.

HOLY. FUCKING. SHIT.

All the things that could be said about this game and the players in it are mind boggling.

FLAguy954

No. Their problem was that they kept throwing with 6 minutes left in the game instead of running, kicking the FG, and making it a 2 score game. Choke city.

This. Goddammit they choked hard.

What really fucking pissed me off was the way NFL overtime works. Who the fuck thought that was a good idea?

My reaction to them pissing away 2 quarters and the overtime rules:

RIjDtWf.gif

NolbertoS

Great game was neutral as I wasn't a fan of none of those teams, but Atlanta Falcons had the biggest meltdown in Super Bowl history. Shows how incompetent the Falcons coaching staff didn't make adjuatments in the half and thought the game was over, when its never over with Brady at the helm. Matt Ryan doesn't have that spark that Rodgers and Wilson had during their Super Bowl runs meaning making plays when they counted. I don't think Atlanta will make the Superbowl again anytime soon as the Cowboys seem to have the better team overall and have a better younger team and QB and should've learned their lesson against GB. I hope my Seahawks can contend but our O-line badly needs work

This makes up for the Tyree catch for me...well maybe not but it makes up for the Welker drop.
I feel bad for Welker man...a lot of Pats dropped balls that night. To be fair, even in the 07 giants win. The safety/corner could have ended the game. The play right before the helmet catch he had a tipped ball that could have definitely picked picked. Then you have to ask yourself, 'Um...why do the Pats have 14 points with Randy Moss?" Honestly, big pats fans, but Giants wanted it more that day. The second meeting in 2011 is the one that stings, Pats just had a bad game, and Brady should be celebrating his 6th ring right now and doing a baller commercial with Michael Jordan lol.

oh well, he might win again since he wants to play until he's 45.

The where with all, to let go of the ball realizing you are losing grip and go for the catch again!

Edelman will never have to buy a drink again!

He'll never have to buy a meal again either.

Seriously, I think people are understating the degree of difficulty here. WTF was that catch, actually.

Personally I gotta put Edleman on top. The sheer degree of difficulty involved. The double-clutch of the ball as it floated an inch off the grass. 3 defenders.

Edelman's catch was great, but for me I put it second because his instincts as a wide receiver is to grab it even if it touches the ground. Tyree's catch tops it because of the entire play, from Eli to Tyree.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Gotta say Danny amendola continues to be big game Danny. Dude always shows up when it matters. As bad as his pats career started he has more than made up for it. Post season pats legend.

I feel bad for Welker man...a lot of Pats dropped balls that night. To be fair, even in the 07 giants win. The safety/corner could have ended the game. The play right before the helmet catch he had a tipped ball that could have definitely picked picked. Then you have to ask yourself, 'Um...why do the Pats have 14 points with Randy Moss?" Honestly, big pats fans, but Giants wanted it more that day. The second meeting in 2011 is the one that stings, Pats just had a bad game, and Brady should be celebrating his 6th ring right now and doing a baller commercial with Michael Jordan lol.

oh well, he might win again since he wants to play until he's 45.

Wasn't an isolated incident with Welker. Had some key drops in every big game.

Edelman's catch was great, but for me I put it second because his instincts as a wide receiver is to grab it even if it touches the ground. Tyree's catch tops it because of the entire play, from Eli to Tyree.

Oh well yea if you're including Eli's jukes. It was definitely a better series of events.

I'm just looking at the difficulty involved in actually catching that ball, including re-gripping it mid air, while stretched prostrate.

Well then I guess we could argue that Edelman has the greatest catch but "The Helmet Catch" might be the greatest play. Because you're right, that play from Eli's scramble to Tyree's catch was birthing short of amazing.

Eli avoided the sack X someone grabbing him and threw a bomb on 3rd and long or was it 4th down to Tyree
That shit was legend and I hate the Giants

Eli still the only QB to beat Tom in the superbowl

Was hoping the Falcons would win, but props to the Patriots. I wish Julio could've gotten involved more because his catches were just insane.

For you all that still watch Pokemon, remember when Ash was going to win the Kalos League, and then he didn't?

Tom Brady and his damn Dragon Claw!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom