• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2014 |OT| Waiting for the playoff thread...

udiie

twitter gold from tonight:
0gxWJFW.png

Oh7F2sz.png

Socreges

Banned
We're talking flames fans, that's part of the job description

Really stupid hit, just absolutely needless in that situation. It's obviously never fun to watch someone taken off the rink in a stretcher, especially when it's caused by something like this. I feel like the Canucks season has been just a spectacular death spiral. It's one thing that the team was mediocre and didn't reach the playoffs, but just everything else surrounding their season is just utterly crazy. If the Monty Python foot came down and crushed Rogers Arena it would feel strangely fitting.
Pretty apt description. Just as of 2014, though. They were a very good team until January. Then injuries and fatigue set in. And the clusterfuckapocalypse began to emerge from the shadows and take its final form.

Teemu grabbing Giggy and skating away together as the song hits its crescendo, awesome moment that might not get a lot of play since it happened in SoCal and not Canada.

Can I somehow simultaneously cheer FOR Teemu Selanne and AGAINST the Ducks in the postseason? I'll find a way!

Cheering against the Ducks is like rooting against Teemu. So probably not. Just join us if your team gets eliminated. We have punch and cookies to go with Titanfall tournaments.

Just started playing. It's fun to pick up and play

Heres a video of it for any who missed the Teemu/Giggy thing:

http://youtu.be/FJuGmu9T8AE

Paul Kariya was there too @1:00 in the white shirt.

Man I remember when Anaheim traded Oleg Tverdovsky and that stud Chad Kilger for Selanne and Marc Chouinard. I didn't like it at the time when the breaking news was broken by Lee Hacksaw Hamilton on Xtra Sports 690. Then he scored a bunch of goals and it was worth it. Never should have traded him away to San Jose though. Fuck Pierre Gauthier

How do you people not live in North America and not go to Coachella, Shambhala, Burning Man and other assorted festivals as much as possible? I'd make it my perogative to be at each as much as I could be.

Teemu grabbing Giggy and skating away together as the song hits its crescendo, awesome moment that might not get a lot of play since it happened in SoCal and not Canada.

Can I somehow simultaneously cheer FOR Teemu Selanne and AGAINST the Ducks in the postseason? I'll find a way!

Just do the Jets fans thing and cheer when Teemu has the puck and boo whenever someone else does.

Damn that crowd must have been hype as hell while that was going on.

also white as hell.

The playoffs brought him back. Then he saw the teams. Hence why he don't look so great.

I'm just glad Tom Selleck is back in business. This place lacked a distinct PI presence ever since he wasn't around.

fallout

Crazy emotional weekend in hockey seeing two of my favourite players receive amazing send-offs.

Go win another one for Teemu, Ducks.

Sanjuro

It's not like he ever fit it in Boston /sanjuro

Well, this season proved myself correct in this argument.

My argument was never that he wouldn't ever fit in in Boston either, just that our style of play wasn't conducive to him reaching his potential.

Boston have always been about gooning it up and then putting the puck in the net while the other players are on stretchers. Who needs skill like Kessel and Seguin anyway. Presidents Trophy, bitch.

Top Bottom