• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2017 |OT| Alternative Stats

Solo

Emelin is no longer on the top defence line, so that's good.

But seriously I think Lehkonen should be playing with Gallagher and Galchenyuk

Gallagher is basically a 4th liner, 3rd at best, at this point. It's sad, but he's a shell of his former self. And Byron is a career 3rd/4th liner. I can't see Galchenyuk getting it going with those guys on his wings.

I don't see why our old and new coaches can't see the glaringly obvious solution and do it - keep Pacioretty with Danault and put Radulov with Galchenyuk. Boom. Two lines of offense. I accept cheques and money orders.

yyzjohn

Banned
New line:

Byron-AGally-BGally

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

W2pXexS.jpg

Cake Boss

Banned
@twolinepass: bruce boudreau has never coached a full season without winning the division. don't all look at the standings at once.

Holy shit what a coach.

Ceci for AGally.

They get the puck moving "dman"

Gallagher is basically a 4th liner, 3rd at best, at this point. It's sad, but he's a shell of his former self. And Byron is a career 3rd/4th liner. I can't see Galchenyuk getting it going with those guys on his wings.

I don't see why our old and new coaches can't see the glaringly obvious solution and do it - keep Pacioretty with Danault and put Radulov with Galchenyuk. Boom. Two lines of offense. I accept cheques and money orders.

*rolls eyes* You are more delusional than Red_Man. Good thing you aren't a GM or a coach.

Is Bask the only other sane Habs fan on this fucking site? Jesus Christ.

imBask

Banned
WE LOST CREEPER, WE LOST AGAINST THE JEST IT'S OVER

GALLAGHER 4TH LINER
GALCHENYUK BUST
WEBER 2 OLD 4 ME
PRICE DONE

we'll win tomorrow and opinions will turn around, it's fine, sit down marks

robodinos though.. too silly. pass for me.

Yeah this is pretty fucking stupid, but I'm usually a fan of games with a bow. Year of the bow was a good year.

Halo Wars 2 is pretty fun, reminds me of Command of Conquer, that is when it's not being a laggy piece of shit. There are quite a few good games out now though, Mass Effect Andromeda is the only thing I'm really looking forward to. Afterwards, my most anticipated projects are mods in Skywind and Skyblivion.

Line_HTX

It was a good game. Both teams played hard.

Usually Kings fans are okay, it's always one or two bad apples that make things ugly.

Also... how does Kopitar only have 6 goals for the season so far?

For whatever reason he's a fucking fraud with the huge drop-off. Fucking thing sucks.

Also why aren't you fools in 1st place instead of the Sharks?

Solo

I'm not joking about Gallagher, and this dates back to last year after the first injury. Dude looks like he magically aged 7 years over the course of one. He hasn't been the same player he was before the first broken finger, for whatever reason. He was absolutely dogshit this year before he injured it again.

You know what you get when you have Gallagher, but take away his nose for the net, goalscoring, and going to the dirty areas? Another run of the mill undersized winger. AKA the Montreal Canadiens special. 6 goals in 41 games for him. dat 12 goal pace over a full season.

imBask

Banned
i'll give Gallagher the rest of the season under another coach before actually complaining

he's been injured and he's not giving the effort he used to give, that might change under a new coach

Solo

Gallagher is just one of....almost every single player....who has deserved some serious flack at one point or another this season. For the record. I'm not singling him out. AGally hasn't been the same guy post-injury either. He was never a great defender, but he'd risen to "decent" in his own end, but post-injury he's become "controller unplugged" in his own end. But I think AGally and getting him going are very important to the team, so I'd like to see him with better wingers.

The only forward I couldn't rag on at one point or another this season yet is Radulov. Dude's been untouchable.

imBask

Banned
Gallagher is just one of....almost every single player....who has deserved some serious flack at one point or another this season. For the record.

The only forward I couldn't rag on at one point or another this season yet is Radulov.

motherfucker takes a minimum of 1 dumb penalty per game

FIRE RADULOV

Hopefully Bettman will look at how much interest the NBA generates with these moves and propose adding measures to the cap to increase player movement.

Imagine how nice it would be to have a 10-15m luxury tax threshold.

Cake Boss

Banned
Hopefully Bettman will look at how much interest the NBA generates with these moves and propose adding measures to the cap to increase player movement.

Imagine how nice it would be to have a 10-15m luxury tax threshold.

Fan of richest team in the league wishes for more cap space.

Foggy

What if the solution was to get rid of the garbage ass teams in garbage ass cities dragging the league down 🤔

Do only snobby ass fans of snobby ass teams in snobby ass cities suffer the illusion that low sales in Florida and Arizona is what's REALLY holding the league back?

SNOB

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
You can't separate Patches and Radulov, he's the main reason Patches is on pace for 40 goals again, and aside from their goal that line with AGally was a mess last game.

imBask

Banned
Great, you're a wizard and you solved that part of the problem. How much does that really move the needle? How long does the brief glow of self-satisfaction last?

That's not my job, i'm not the one in charge of doing the market research for the NHL, but you can't tell me that the empty arena in Carolina doesn't hurt the image of the league on top of losing money for everyone

is it the only problem? no. But it's an easy thing to fix when cities like Seattle and Quebec are waiting for a team

Foggy

That's not my job, i'm not the one in charge of doing the market research for the NHL, but you can't tell me that the empty arena in Carolina doesn't hurt the image of the league on top of losing money for everyone

is it the only problem? no. But it's an easy thing to fix when cities like Seattle and Quebec are waiting for a team

Quebec is no gain because they all watch and buy NHL shit anyways. Seattle would have an NHL team yesterday if they had their shit together.

I won't tell you Carolina doesn't hurt but I am saying the hurt is marginal.

imBask

Banned
Quebec is no gain because they all watch and buy NHL shit anyways. Seattle would have an NHL team yesterday if they had their shit together.

I won't tell you Carolina doesn't hurt but I am saying the hurt is marginal.

idk man, I wouldn't say it's marginal but who really knows

as for Quebec City I think you're wrong though, they don't buy NHL products unless they have a reason to, and that reason has to be "to compete with Montreal and look better than them". That's the one and only thing that drives that shit pile of a village, so the Nordiques would definitely boost the sales of everything hockey related in Quebec City temporarily (until they start sucking again and get bored of it)

Quick

Banned
I've never been one to be embarrassed about eating alone at a restaurant, but I'm craving some AYCE sushi and that's one place I've never eaten alone at.

I feel like I've seen people go at it solo, but I'm feeling a bit self-conscious at the idea.

imBask

Banned
I've never been one to be embarrassed about eating alone at a restaurant, but I'm craving some AYCE sushi and that's one place I've never eaten alone at.

I feel like I've seen people go at it solo, but I'm feeling a bit self-conscious at the idea.

dawg

solo restaurant is the best. But in your earbuds and listen to a podcast or read something, fuck people

Solo

You can't separate Patches and Radulov, he's the main reason Patches is on pace for 40 goals again, and aside from their goal that line with AGally was a mess last game.

Which is why I heartily disagree with the search for a center at the deadline. What we really need is a legit top 6 winger.

Top Bottom