• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacAttack

I've got an ice hockey related question.

Despite the terrible ending, is Mass Effect 3 otherwise worth playing? Great gameplay etc? Its half off at Walmart (Canada) for some reason

Tough call, so much of the series relies on watching the story build and how your decisions effect things that happen in the sequels. I think you'd be better off at least playing Mass Effect 2 first and then playing ME3.

For instance, you'll be making decisions in this game based on relationships developed in previous games. Except instead of actual experiencing them from playing the previous game, they will be summarized in a couple of sentences.

Im going to say no. The graphics are nice and the gameplay is adequate but the thing that drives the game is the continuous story.

edit: I may be selling the gameplay a little short by calling it adequate but the story still trumps it.

Trey

Bruins, you are useless!

Obviously they want the Sabres as far from the playoffs as possible.

On a more serious note, we'll just have to finish our plate tomorrow. Penguins will probably get up for their game tomorrow considering their recent shame from losing to the Isles in b2bs, so we're in for a tough one. FNC needs to be loud.

Marvie_3

Banned
Bruins, you are useless!

Hey a new guy! Anyone new that finds this thread is like someone out in the wasteland finding one of the Vault-Tec vaults in Fallout.

Quennevilles going to explode.
ibc9QsX0Eh74AB.gif

Silexx

I've got an ice hockey related question.

Despite the terrible ending, is Mass Effect 3 otherwise worth playing? Great gameplay etc? Its half off at Walmart (Canada) for some reason

I was disappointed with the ending just as much as anyone, but I still hold that ME3 is the best one in the series. Everything leading up to it was top notch and made it all worth it. Granted, a lot of this hinged on having played the previous games, but Mass Effect is still one of the best game series of this gen.

we are truly on the right path imo and the stupid leafs fans really have to lay off burke

Had the Fat Headed One not told announced to every hockey-loving soul that he 'doesn't believe in 4 year rebuilds', the outrage and embarrassment from the fan base would be much more muted.

Mii

Banned
This subforum stuff is going to take a while to get used to. At least its not mixed with gaming anymore.

Oh hai guys.

Zombie Sharks are moving without thinking or feeling as usual.

Marvie_3

Banned
Not so much Chicago (although lately we've forgotten how to play when we face you guys) but the competition for that definitive goalie position.

Explains why Emery and Crawford have been shitty all year.

Nice. Frolik gets interfered with and a high stick in the face in less than 10 seconds and neither get called.

Socreges

Banned
Looking at the Schneider comments from Nucks fans. He has those stats playing backup minutes. Like I said. He's fine. Solid goaltender. But saying he's a 10 year future All-Star IS absurd. I never said he wasn't good. I said you're all overrating him. There's a reason the two Blues goalies can both put up such absurd numbers. They're splitting minutes and are both indeed good. However, the bottom line is the descriptions you're giving Schneider are hyperbole. That's it.
CCF23 is overrating him by saying "all-star calibre" for 10 years, yeah. He'd probably want to qualify that in retrospect.

But to be fair, Schneider is a lot better than "solid" or "fine" and at least we've watched the guy play. Feel free to focus on how unproven he is, though. That's certainly true.

Socreges

Banned
Thanks for the responses about ME3, guys. Maybe I'll hold off for now. I enjoyed ME2 because of the gameplay, but don't know that I'm necessarily interested in more of the same. The story never really gripped me either.

*saved for future use*

And yeah, Canucks could definitely get 1st place still. I wouldn't really care, but I'm going to the last game of the season and it'd be pretty awesome if they were playing for 1st overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom