• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure its possible. Lots of things are possible. A pp goal is possible, scoring more then one goal is possible, Raymond not falling down, all are possible, just not probable.

See what that negative thinking just did?!?

Fuck this shit, I'm playing Asura's Wrath, a MANS game.

Socreges

Banned
Just noticed that St. Louis is a ridiculous 30-4-4 at home. Yeeaahh home ice might be nice if we were to face them.

Hopefully the Hawks can at least win in OT/SO.

RC

Banned
Just noticed that St. Louis is a ridiculous 30-4-4 at home. Yeeaahh home ice might be nice if we were to face them.

Hopefully the Hawks can at least win in OT/SO.

They'll disappoint. One thing I've learned about placing your faith in other teams, they always let you down.

Revenant

THE RAT!

EDIT: HAWKS WIN

ypuKC.gif

Jakeh111

MyEpitomeCliché;36485772 said:
Not really. Blues played like fucking garbage tonight. Lucky loser point.

It was exciting to watch for me. Did the Blues play sloppy for a portion, yes but I still enjoyed the game.

Cactus

Banned
So after the Leafs game tonight, I decided to research the top draft eligible players (surprise), and I think we might see something like this on draft day.

1 - Columbus - Yakupov [although there have been rumours that Howson wants to trade this pick]
2 - Edmonton - Murray / Dumba [Edmonton desperately needs a franchise D]
3 - Montreal - Grigorenko [generally regarded as the best forward after Yakupov]
4 - Minnesota - Forsberg / Galchenyuk OR Murray / Dumba [not sure if they want a F or D]
5 - Toronto - Forsberg / Galchenyuk [Toronto needs a big-bodied forward with skill]

Since the Leafs and the Habs will both probably pick big European centers (Galchenyuk is American/Belarusian), it should be fun watching them scrupulously compared by the media for the next few years.

Quick

Banned
So after the Leafs game tonight, I decided to research the top draft eligible players (surprise), and I think we might see something like this on draft day.

1 - Columbus - Yakupov [although there have been rumours that Howson wants to trade this pick]
3 - Montreal - Grigorenko [generally regarded as the best forward after Yakupov]
4 - Minnesota - Forsberg / Galchenyuk OR Murray / Dumba [not sure if they want a F or D]
5 - Toronto - Forsberg / Galchenyuk [Toronto needs a big-bodied forward with skill]

Since the Leafs and the Habs will both probably pick big European centers (Galchenyuk is American/Belarusian), it should be fun watching them scrupulously compared by the media for the next few years.

Swedish and not from Ontario? SOLD.

MacAttack

Just finished ME3, not sure what all the bitching was about.

I... kind of... enjoyed it.

I guess now I'll check out the spoiler thread and see what the problem was.

chose the synthesis/final evolution ending.

MPW

have a feeling oilers will troll on habs and get Grigorenko

Puddles

Banned

They introduce a new character completely out of the blue who turns out to have been behind everything. The choices available to Shepherd go completely against the character established in the first two games. The Starchild's logic doesn't make any sense. He set up the Reapers to destroy all organic life to prevent organic life from being destroyed? It's just a clusterfuck on every level.

I should say something hockey related... good job tonight, Phoenix!

Yeah my original reaction was pretty positive, until I read all the criticisms and the fact that all the endings are nearly identical. However, I still think it was a good ending, though poorly implemented.

MacAttack

They introduce a new character completely out of the blue who turns out to have been behind everything. The choices available to Shepherd go completely against the character established in the first two games. The Starchild's logic doesn't make any sense. He set up the Reapers to destroy all organic life to prevent organic life from being destroyed? It's just a clusterfuck on every level.

I should say something hockey related... good job tonight, Phoenix!

Really not going to debate this any further, given the mob mentality surrounding the ending. So consider this my final word on the subject.

If you didn't realize Mass Effect was schlocky sci-fi before the final cut scene, nothing I say is going to reconcile whatever issues you have with the ending.

So if the Habs/Leafs game next Saturday determines draft position, what are the odds we get a 20-19 game lol

It will be one of the rare times Montreal cheers for Toronto and vice versa lol

Galactic civilzation is fucked, Earth will be ripped apart by the allied fleet, Joker flees the battle, your squad is magically teleported to the Normandy, and the last mission had a lot more content and visualized all the war assets you gathered, but it was all cut in order to push it out in 18 months. Also, if the game's only Codex is to be considered truth, then everyone in the Galaxy died when the relays exploded and half of Earth was nuked to hell when the entire Sword fleet fired indiscriminate volleys at the Reapers.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So if the Habs/Leafs game next Saturday determines draft position, what are the odds we get a 20-19 game lol

It will be one of the rare times Montreal cheers for Toronto and vice versa lol
If Toronto plays in the final game like they have been lately Montreal will destroy them. Montreal still has Price, Subban, Cole, Pacioretty, White, etc who give a fuck and want to win and keep playing like they have a chance at the playoffs.

Edit: That being said, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Leafs trounce the Habs as a last "hoorah we're not lower then dirt!" kind of thing, which I would gladly accept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom