• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL13 EASHL - Natural Born Penalty Killers |OT2| Cheese, Chimps and Championships

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I don't want to get my hopes up, but it looks like they're taking a lot of big steps forward with 14, I'm pretty pumped.

Weekly double elimination playoffs sounds like a really stupid idea

Well at least the EASHL will seem different than the last 3 years I guess...

after re-reading the blog and thinking about it, i take back my statement that double elimination playoffs is a really stupid idea

IT IS THEE FUCKING WORST IDEA EVER IMPLEMENTED TO EASHL

I can't wait for NHL15 where everyone will get a participation ribbon, trophy and banner hung for just playing in a playoff game... smfh

Stat!

after re-reading the blog and thinking about it, i take back my statement that double elimination playoffs is a really stupid idea

I can't wait for NHL15 where everyone will get a participation ribbon, trophy and banner hung for just playing in a playoff game... smfh

Honestly, you know why its a good idea (For EA)? You hit the nail on the head. Everybody will think they're good because they're are 10 divisions with 10 playoffs, possibly twice, and 40 playoffs a month. Therefore, you're bound to win a ribbon or a banner, and therefore, spend more money on boosts or pucks or vouchers.

One of our biggest accomplishments is the 10 Elite Division finishes/5 Elite Banners. But that won't be as good since by month 2, we may have eclipsed it.

Are the divisions a good idea? Yeah, I think the idea of making sure you play people within your division is a good idea, but the whole thing overall? Meh. Doesn't seem great.The funny part too is that before, there was a limited number of Elite spots on the leaderboard per month. Now? Everyone can get there far easier as long you advance in a season. The whole thing seems to give players the idea that they are better than they are. Think about how many games you played or the tasks you completed to get that +5 speed. Now its just vouchers so you can attach that to anything.

At least its different.

Red_Man

More chimps to step on, on our way to the top.

Red_Man

Everything in that video looks great, no more spamming poke check, useless chops and no more chimps spamming the face off circle

Stat!

http://www.easports.com/nhl/news-updates-gameplay/article/nhl-14-gameplay-improvements-stick-skills

Here's the blog that goes with it. If you're by the net, and you chop, you'll try to chop it into the net.

Also, a harder pass is more likely to go through the defender's stick. And if you're passing near the blueline, you're less likely to pull back. Now you'll face the direction of the pass.

What confuses me if L1 gets you ready for the poke check, what is the one knee block? Is that gone?

http://www.easports.com/nhl/news-updates-gameplay/article/nhl-14-gameplay-improvements-stick-skills

Here's the blog that goes with it. If you're by the net, and you chop, you'll try to chop it into the net.

Also, a harder pass is more likely to go through the defender's stick. And if you're passing near the blueline, you're less likely to pull back. Now you'll face the direction of the pass.

What confuses me if L1 gets you ready for the poke check, what is the one knee block? Is that gone?

Aces, Poke check is R1 not L1. Block shot button should be unchanged.

Too many good things in this blog and video. That Microsoft US Government monitoring is paying off as they've heard all my bitching from last year and acted on it...

no autoaim pokecheck while facing backwards
no accidental chop
no face off spamming
consequences for hard passes
no accidental poke grab after poke check
players losing the puck on loose puck dekes in a realistic way
poking at slapshots causes blocks/deflections
easier to regain puck on slapshot fakes

Only negative is that one touch dekes look too useful. I hope players with suspect deking and agily aren't able to link let alone do single toe drags very consistently.

RS4-

Sergei Berezin motherfuckers.

Pretty sure I'll be skipping this year as I won't be renewing live or keeping my 360.

See you guys in the ps4 era of nhl 15!

Red_Man

Someone needs to make a team season highlight package with Linkin Park playing in the back ground

I meant if L1/LB is the one knee block, but now holding it down to get ready to chop, what happens to the one knee block?

unless im mistaken in 14 you hold R1 to prepare chop, not L1, so:
tap R1 to poke
hold R1 and flick the stick to chop
the difference is the the right stick isnt used for body checking anymore so it can be used for chopping now without worried about accidental hits
L1 still blocks shots
i guess they might have taken the free controlling stick check out since no one used it and put the chop in it's place

Sergei Berezin motherfuckers.
Pretty sure I'll be skipping this year as I won't be renewing live or keeping my 360.
See you guys in the ps4 era of nhl 15!

that sucks Dok, when is your Live up? Wanted to see if you might wanna squad up for Payday 2 or Takedown: Red Sabre on 360?

Someone needs to make a team season highlight package with Linkin Park playing in the back ground

you are the one with all the time
all the video highlights are in the OP
get to it "captain"

Red_Man

I've never made or even attempted to make a video before, not going to start now. I'm actually pretty busy with work too old man, getting paid to post on Gaf is a luxury I'm fully embracing.

I've never made or even attempted to make a video before, not going to start now. I'm actually pretty busy with work too old man, getting paid to post on Gaf is a luxury I'm fully embracing.

my bad, i forgot about your full-time job of posting in that shit NHL offseason thread

Uh, I think mines up on the 17th lol. Payday, I might just do it up on Steam. I don't even know what Takedown is :(

I see how it is, too good for us console peasants huh

you planning on getting Battlefield 4 on PS4?

Red_Man

Ridiculous save a guy just made on me in versus mode

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/165675723

For team names we can always keep the one we have, or I was thinking something like ______ Benchwarmers or we could put NeoGaf in the name. I don't think I'll be able to do the thread, I'm going to be really busy from the end of August until the 2nd week of September or so.

For team names we can always keep the one we have, or I was thinking something like ______ Benchwarmers or we could put NeoGaf in the name. I don't think I'll be able to do the thread, I'm going to be really busy from the end of August until the 2nd week of September or so.

ill do the thread Legit I started working on it yesterday.

I'd rather us pick a new name. Anyone have any clever ideas, post them in here. I'll come up with a short list in the next few days

also I need a head count of everyone from this year's club that is planning on getting 14 and playing EASHL with us so we can figure out how many open spots we need to fill

Stat!

Count me in for 14.

I kinda like the idea of keeping NeoGAF or Gaf somewhere in the team name.

NeoGAF Grocery Sticks (generally 4th line players who seperate the fowards/defensemen and are in the middle of the bench since they don't play that much)
NeoGAF Pine Riders (either referring to riding the bench but could mean riding the stick)
NeoGAF Shotblockers

Or we can keep our name from this year?

Red_Man

Sounds good Vis, I'm in the same boat as you and keep getting rotated shifts. I don't mind NeoGaf Pine Riders, I'd kind of like to incorporate the Gaf name in there somewhere too seeing as we're a Gaf team.

tumblr_m61wzbwJpC1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

Milly79

GAF Barnyard Animals

Teenage Alpaca and friends

Hide your goats

Chimp city 2014

N word obscenities

GAFs V-neck crew

Our robot needs a new battery

Aces, we are playing

We suck at faceoffs

Left Right for win

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Exploit our right d

Delryk

Married with Chimps

Return of the GatorD / Chimps

Hot Wangs (milly in his prime)

RD Glory Hole

Too Legit 2 Quit

Moops Fat Ladies

Vizz and Wizz

PK Sandwich Time

.. im bored.

pretty underwhelming name ideas so far besides some of Delryk's last ones

As much as I would love to, I don't think they are gonna let us use "Chimp" in the club name unless we spell it wrong as the censors picked it up when I was using Johnny Chimpo

edit:

how about GAFs MostValuablePrimates
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0196106/

Red_Man

I'm down for Gafs MVP or some variation of it, might have to cut out the Gaf part if we want the whole thing tk fit. Seeing my use of the chimp insult come so far brings a tear to my eye :' )

As for jerseys, I really like the blue and orange ones we have in your OP banner Viz, unless you guys want to go for some big change up.

I'm down for Gafs MVP or some variation of it, might have to cut out the Gaf part if we want the whole thing tk fit. Seeing my use of the chimp insult come so far brings a tear to my eye :' )

As for jerseys, I really like the blue and orange ones we have in your OP banner Viz, unless you guys want to go for some big change up.

it will fit the way I typed it (GAFs MostValuablePrimates), its the same length as NBPK

too early to worry about jerseys

Top Bottom