• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nick Rekieta - the hero gaming needs right now

GreyHorace

In light of the rape accusations against Alec Holowka and Jeremy Soule, plus the return Anita Sarkeesian to the spotlight (the timing is very VERY suspect), I think it's high time we call on one of Youtube's resident legal bastards to lay the smackdown on the SJW mobs calling for blood.

2019.03.14-06.26-boundingintocomics-5c8a9cd510cb6.png

I absolutely adore watching this man argue against the ignorant soy white knights who think they know the law. If Soule and Holowka actually lawyer up to fight the accusations against them, it'd be in their best interests to have Nick comb through their cases and find the glaring flaws. Plus it'd be hilarious to see noted gaming personalities like Jason Schreier, Patrick Klepek and even Anita Sarkeesian go one on one against Nick only to be humiliated at how ignorant they are of legal matters.

You guys should check out his Youtube channel. Some great stuff he's posted, mostly on the Vic Mignogna case.

No dude. I just happen to be a big fan of Nick. And come on, recent events have proved that these SJWs won't stop until the gaming industry bows to their will. It'd be great to have a real lawyer take them to school like he did with the KickVic crowd.
It's hard to make a legal case against the Twitter Mob. Would be unprecedented, for sure, but good for humanity!

Carna

Banned
That whole Vic case, is a good reason why I don't bother with dubs of anime and videogames anymore.

This guy is good, but as much as I'd like to see him take on the latest #metoo shit show, it seems he has his hands full with the Mignogna case. He's done a masterful job of exposing the malicious Vic accusers for their hypocrisy and foolishness.

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
Hell yeah. Nick Rackets is the man. Do you only know him from the Vic case?

I found out about him during the Maddox sued Dick Masterson for 20 million dollars thing.

GreyHorace

Hell yeah. Nick Rackets is the man. Do you only know him from the Vic case?

I found out about him during the Maddox sued Dick Masterson for 20 million dollars thing.
I actually found out about him when I was looking for info regarding the lawsuit Richard Meyer (of Comics and Diversity fame) filed against Mark Waid.

What I love about Nick is how he really doesn't give a fuck what the SJWs think of him. They know they can't deplatform him since he's very careful about what he can and cannot say on Youtube so the latter can't delete his channel. They also know they can't take him to court because he is a real lawyer and he'd probably crucify them with the full force of the Law behind him.

So what course is left for them? Insult and attack him on social media like they always do, despite how useless their online sperging is in the grand scheme of things as Nick pointed out. Take this latest development in the Vic Mignogna case. After Ron Toye was exposed as a serial domestic abuser the KickVic crowd leapt to his defense, and Nick called them out on their blatant hypocrisy. They all talk about protecting women but Nick viciously lectured them that all they really do is just tweet and retweet their support from the comfort of their own homes, while he has cared and looked out for battered women trapped in abusive marriages in some of the divorce cases he's handled. He's done more for protecting women's rights than any of the soyboy white knights.

Nick Rekieta is awesome. I never thought I could watch a lawyer stream for hours, but he knows his shit, and he knows how to articulate it so a non-lawyer can understand what the hell is going on.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
You can be sued for libel over what you tweet. It should happen more often IMO.
The thing with libel cases are it's on the plaintiff to show that they actually have been affected by the slander.
Part of the issue being that, if there was slander, did it actually affect you (Monetarily, emotionally, etc) and would it be worth it to go to court over it?

That way the person who gets called a "stupid fucker," on Twitter can't go rail road Joe Schmoe for shitposting
Gotta actually show that it's done something to your life in a big way
Really only a law that applies to large brands/names these days.

iconmaster

Banned
The thing with libel cases are it's on the plaintiff to show that they actually have been affected by the slander.
Part of the issue being that, if there was slander, did it actually affect you (Monetarily, emotionally, etc) and would it be worth it to go to court over it?

Sure. I'm thinking of the case where a guy loses his job because of the tweet. Seems like that might have happened to Alec Holowka, though I'm not sure he was an employee exactly.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Sure. I'm thinking of the case where a guy loses his job because of the tweet. Seems like that might have happened to Alec Holowka, though I'm not sure he was an employee exactly.
I'm no lawyer, but I think for a "Lose your job," sort of case it has to impact your future ability to get a career in that industry

I think that applies because most companies try to stay away from being able to be sued for wrongful termination, and I could see the outcome being used as evidence in the libel case or vice versa

I'm not certain to be honest; closest I've come to that is a friend getting caught up on Facebook political discussion and people starting to write nasty stuff on her work's Facebook page because of it. She didn't get fired because she brought it to their attention before HR even had a chance to bring her in lol, she walked in herself.
Learned that when I say "Stay outta that shit or make your profile incredibly hidden," that I had some merit for my big mouth, for a change.

Thaedolus

Maybe the mods could/should just move to OT?

I didn’t always agree with the guy, and I was watching his very first Maddox lawsuit streams, but this makes me sad. He’s got 5 kids and now both their parents are in jail. I hope it gets figure out for their sakes because it’s quite the downturn:

Letting a 29 year old blonde move in is…a choice too. Not saying I’d say no tho hahaha

Toons

Seems like Nicky Rackets’ very apparent substance abuse problem has come to a head:

Edit
Jesus I didn’t realize how much of a necro this was, apologies if this should’ve gone somewhere else

Nah your forgoven, this makes the OP age sooooo so badly its kinda amazing

I didnt recognize the name at first but I've seen this guy and he's been borderline insane for a while now, to the point even his buddies sorted distances themselves from him.

A dangerous example of what people do to themselves with the terminally online culture war bs. That said I hope his kids are taken care of, no one deserves that.

Last edited:

delfrickintree

Gold Member
He was great for livestreaming the rittenhouse & other trials, but I caught on to his grift game soon after and lost interest. Being a celebrity doesnt seem worth it

MayauMiao

I heard that Nick has this obsession with the movie American Beauty where relates to Kevin Spacey's character where Instead of the schoolgirl, it was the babysitter.

Drew1440

Sad to hear, he was one of the more level headed Youtubers. ReviewTechUSA seems to be going down a dark path as well.

Thaedolus

I heard that Nick has this obsession with the movie American Beauty where relates to Kevin Spacey's character where Instead of the schoolgirl, it was the babysitter.
Well he married young and the wife started popping out babies...I mean for his wife to have 5 babies in the span she likely had them in, she was probably pregnant more than she wasn't and then you're dealing with sleepless nights with babies as a small town lawyer...then you make it big and discover swinging and drugs? Probably felt enabled to make up for lost time or something. Too bad for the kids...their parents are both facing 25 years and it seems like the state has them dead to rights.

Lady Rackets had some nice tits, now she's looking like a reptilian. For shame! Give me a couple of beers and I'd also bone April. That's my only take here.

Thaedolus

The leader/hero worshipping is truly the worst part of culture warring, this thread alone shows it.
Well his meteoric rise starting with tearing apart Maddox's hilariously misguided lawsuit against Dick Masterson was fun to watch, up until he got a little too close to the sun with the Vic Mignogna trial...then other lawyers started chiming in about how wrong he was on things and it became very apparent he thought he was a lot smarter than he was. But by then his ego was massive and it turned him into a massive prick to anyone who disagreed with him, and yeah the alcohol and drugs stuff...oh buddy let his hubris get the better of him.

Thaedolus

According to the charges, law enforcement attempted to execute a search warrant on May 23 at Rekieta’s home in Spicer and was greeted by a girl at the front door who would not let them inside.

After Rekieta refused to provide the door code, law enforcement used a door ram to get inside and found Kayla, Imholte, and four juveniles inside.

Law enforcement proceeded to search the master bedroom and bathroom, where they allegedly found a variety of drug paraphernalia, including three small baggies that tested positive for cocaine, eight green tablets that tested positive for Ketamine, and a digital scale, and several other items that tested positive for cocaine, charges claim.

Authorities also found a Sig Sauer AR with several magazines and loose ammunition underneath the bed, a spent shell casing on the bedroom floor, and located additional firearms and ammunition in the garage, according to court records.

Police took Rekieta and his wife Kayla into custody, and he told law enforcement that he and his wife stayed in the master bedroom, where law enforcement claimed to find most of the drug paraphernalia, but allegedly refused to answer questions about the cocaine, according to court records.

Before his arrest, some online users had raised concerns about Rekieta's health this week sharing a clip of him appearing to dose off during a stream.

Law enforcement noted Rekeita had several injuries to his arms at the time of his arrest. They described the injuries as sores that are common with controlled substance users, charges said.

That’s uhh, not sounding like a place to raise kids.

Source:

Top Bottom