• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2014. Alas, reading this thread backwards simply doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The series has been great. #5 is now up on MU too.

You should also try Dan Slott's Silver Surfer. These are the two I look forward to every month.

Just saw #5, i could sware it was only up to #4 earlier, guess I saw wrong. Which is good because it's the last part of the first arc :)

Adding that silver surfer to the queue, keep those suggestions coming guys

Edit: ooooh wonder if any of that new she hulk is up on MU

Owzers

I'm still mixed on Silver Surfer, read #7 which was the last issue i pre-ordered before dropping it. I'll still read it on MU but i don't like it enough to continue monthly despite some touching moments.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Cool, that Silver Surfer's art is by the x-statix guy :)

And she-hulk is up on MU, 5 issues

Messi

My buddy that owns my LCS has been reading TWD since the 2nd arc and had the foresight to buy some choice pages from the early issues, notably the death of
Tyreese

Dude also has an original R. Crumb, though, so his TWD pages seem pretty insignificant by comparison.

I wish I didn't click that spoiler :/. I thought 2nd arc was covered by the first 6 trades. Apparently not.

:(

Cool, that Silver Surfer's art is by the x-statix guy :)

And she-hulk is up on MU, 5 issues

Mike Allred. Learn to love him.

you know Kelly "5 stars for Wood's X-Men because women" Thompson had Bitch Planet @ numero fuckin' uno

Rafa probably had it #3, behind GotG and Inhuman

Owzers

u know that more than one person made that list rite

A bunch of jaded people. Lists don't really bother me, whatever lists say or gaf says can get me to take another look at the book. When i see Batgirl at #34 i just say to myself " yep that's a list alright".

ReAxion

Yeah that list can go to hell. No way All New Ghost Rider is better than Black Science. The Fuse is definitely not better than Deadly Class.

really wouldn't pay much attention to the rankings. Its not like they all got in a group and said, "ok, here's a 100 comics, lets rank them". They probably just told a lot of people to send in their top 10, #1 gets 10 points, #2 gets 9 points, etc. That's just how they shake out.

ok

cuz thats about the only explanation I can find for a person to read all those write-ups of dozens of people expressing their enjoyment from a large variety of hundreds of comics and coming away feeling it was "extremely jaded"

It's the freshest take Batgirl has seen in years, and a welcome breath of fresh air to superhero comics.

When you read quotes like that, yeah. It kind of comes across as jaded.

Splatt

I just read all of Southern Bastards in one go.

I don't even watch or care about football but this is one damn good book

Lumberjanes people. Read it. That means you too Girly hi jinks Gaf.

I wouldn't have she hulk that high and it's a very weak compared to Slotts she hulk run but whatevs

Edit and robinsons FF made the list? Hmm

Rhaknar

2012 Captain Marvel is growing on me just when it's almost over lol (read 12 out of 17). I'm liking the everyday NY setting, very Spiderman-like, except Carol is stupidly more powerful than Pete of course, which makes the "heroes have regular apartments and shit" aspect even funnier

SRG01

The spoiler in SHIELD for Thor is that
the new Thor is a SHIELD agent, which Fitz and Simmons were guessing was the blonde agent in front of them

The only part I didn't like about Coulson's origin review is that, well, they already established Coulson's origin in previous books -- they kind of glossed over his previous service record and he's actually good friends with Nick Fury Jr.

She Hulk is way too high on this list

because it's on the list at all

Honestly, my one and only gripe is with the art. Pulido's "style" is absolutely atrocious and it fuckin kills me because Jen hasn't gotten this much love in years :(

Don't get me wrong it's a great book from a writing standpoint. But #10 of the year? Come on man.

PsychBat!

Banned
Only gripe is that New Avengers is too low and Edge of Spider-Verse #2 is a tad too high. Oh yeah, and She-Hulk is too high. Other than that, it's a great list. I'll update this post once I finish seeing all of it.
EDIT: The Manhattan Projects is too low, at least put it above Rocket Raccoon.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Honestly, my one and only gripe is with the art. Pulido's "style" is absolutely atrocious and it fuckin kills me because Jen hasn't gotten this much love in years :(

Don't get me wrong it's a great book from a writing standpoint. But #10 of the year? Come on man.

I don't understand--you're upset that there's a great She-Hulk book that a bunch of people really like that had Ronald Fuckin' Wimberly on it for two ishes?

Also, has Ghost Rider been cancelled yet, eses?

CBR's list was pretty good. While I wouldn't agree with the rankings personally, I've kind of come to just look at these things and ignore the numbers. They become a lot better that way.

No Grayson is a damn shame though. No Uncanny Avengers either :(

I don't understand--you're upset that there's a great She-Hulk book that a bunch of people really like that had Ronald Fuckin' Wimberly on it for two ishes?

More upset about the fact that there's finally a great She-Hulk book and it's ruined by terrible art and with all the praise it's getting it seems like I'm the only one that sees it.

Idk I'm tired. Probably overreacting..................

0HjeRBO.png

BUT LIKE COME ONNNNNNN

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Still chugging along, as of the latest solicits.

Gotta respect Felipe Smith's hustle on this one--dude is still writing a book despite an AV Club article basically scientifically and mathematically making it clear that he doesn't know how to write.
More upset about the fact that there's finally a great She-Hulk book and it's ruined by terrible art and with all the praise it's getting it seems like I'm the only one that sees it.

Idk I'm tired. Probably overreacting..................

0HjeRBO.png

BUT LIKE COME ONNNNNNN
Damn, I fucking love Pulido's style.

Rhaknar

just read She Hulk 1-5, loved it. I actually like the art in 1-4, you want to talk about terrible art, its issue 5, good lord o_O

I seem to be in a unintentional "super heroes living normal lives" kick with Hawkeye, Captain Marvel (well at least the 2012 run), Ms.Marvel (Kamala) and now She Hulk. Then again Marvel always had that aspect to it I guess

edit: DO NOT WRECK THIS GIGANTIC DOOM cracked me up

The spoiler in SHIELD for Thor is that
the new Thor is a SHIELD agent, which Fitz and Simmons were guessing was the blonde agent in front of them

I didn't read it that way at all.
Fitz just asked Valkyrie if she was the new Thor, then asks Coulson if the new Thor is already "in th' fight". And Coulson reminds him that heroes work with S.H.I.E.L.D., not for them. I'll read it again later to check correctly, but I don't remember it saying that the new Thor was an agent. It only confirmed Valkyrie isn't her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom