• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nier Automata now on GamePass

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I almost had no clue if I could ever save, the way the game was going.
I started the game, there was a long StarFox section. Made it through that. - Surely, there would be a checkpoint?
Next, on rail section with different types of enemies, learning their attacks and moves. Check
Next, you level up and they explain some of your powers and control, Check.
Now, they throw what I feel is a boss at you, I am able to defeat it. There has to be a check point, no, why not?
Then, I am still 15 - 20 minutes into the same enemies, now with more armor, I defeat them, my health is getting lower.
Everything clear?, Nope here comes hundreds of death orbs off screen for more fun!
At this point I am not thinking about enjoying the game, I am worried if I am going to lose all this progress.
I don't suck at the game (I think).
It looks like they went out of their way to do 2 things, no save points AND no check points.
I'm not sure if it was meant to artificially extend the game time, but they lost me.

Showing once again the downside to services like GamePass. See if you'd bought the game specifically, you'd likely be more inclined to persevere, but as not... apathy rules, and that's to your detriment.

Basically demonstrates why frictionless mediocrity is the best fit for a-la-carte services. Paints a bleak picture for the future imho.

Top Bottom