• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Well, the game just froze when I fought the ball goliath boss for second time.
Did anyone else have this problem?

Ahhhhh yes! I got one freeze in my play through and it was there. Luckily it only happened once and everything was fine after a restart. Haha I knew I got one freeze and I was trying to remember where but it was that location for sure

Drewfonse

So I just finished route B, I was level 33 at the end...had zero trouble throughout route B as everything was fair game and similar to how enemies were leveled against me when I was on route A...i.e. most would be around my level but the major enemies would be anything from 5-8 level above me.

Now I start route C and wut? Why am I fighting enemies that are level 50 and then the next being a level 60? How am I suppose to beat at my level?

Is this how it's supposed to be? Wow.

MechaX

I'm getting towards the end of Route B and just got a hold of some "top secret" data. (Spoilers for the first Nier as well)

On behalf of Papa Nier... "my bad, didn't mean to essentially doom humanity, I just wanted to save my daughter."

Labolas

Fuck, finished Route A. Man, what an ending.
9S is like Emil, lol. So the red eye disease spread to androids? How did the machines get infected?

Labolas

Yes lol, when he went back a bit. Had to restart the game. I'm on the Pro.

Ahhhhh yes! I got one freeze in my play through and it was there. Luckily it only happened once and everything was fine after a restart. Haha I knew I got one freeze and I was trying to remember where but it was that location for sure

Good I wasn't the only one then. Hopefully another patch will address the issue.

LOL WHOOPS

I just found out that I can accidentally
kill the machines in pascals village when I tried to use the scanner without switching to the right pod first, did I just screw myself over in any way by killing one?

LOL WHOOPS

I just found out that I can accidentally
kill the machines in pascals village when I tried to use the scanner without switching to the right pod first, did I just screw myself over in any way by killing one?
I accidentally killed the floating machine near the entrance with a shockwave and I felt like a fucking monster. I'm pretty sure he respawned, though.

Do you remember
which machine it was?

I accidentally killed the floating machine near the entrance with a shockwave and I felt like a fucking monster. I'm pretty sure he respawned, though.

Do you remember
which machine it was?

Just some random on the bottom level close by the sisters' house.
Reloaded my save just to be safe lol.

Just some random on the bottom level close by the sisters' house.
Reloaded my save just to be safe lol.

If it wasn't a quest-giver then it didn't matter mechanically. The only thing you would have had to worry about is your conscience :p

Anyone?

please don't tell me I lost progress on six side quests.

The game doesn't have a backup script for when 9S is gone, so you can't do quests without him.

TheFlow

Banned
Finally made it the to
amusement
park and fought the
opera lady
boss.

easily my favorite boss so far.

how many bosses are in this game?

Wagram

Finally made it the to
amusement
park and fought the
opera lady
boss.

easily my favorite boss so far.

how many bosses are in this game?

Good amount, but that boss is probably the best you'll come across. At least it was for me.

anddo0

If it wasn't a quest-giver then it didn't matter mechanically. The only thing you would have had to worry about is your conscience :p

The game doesn't have a backup script for when 9S is gone, so you can't do quests without him.

does
9S come back
?
will the quests marked with X be completable from where I left off?

TheFlow

Banned
ah thanks guys for the boss answer.

also holy shit there a lot of side quest. any trophy related side quest? for doing a certain amount

does
9S come back
?

No significant plot spoilers, but you may not wish to click this anyway:
Unfortunately, you've passed the point of no return, and I think that unfinished sidequests aren't saved, though I'm not positive about that.

You'll get another chance to do them next playthrough.

jonjonaug

does
9S come back
?

Regarding sidequests:
Some sidequests, but not all, are available again on route B. Other sidequests on route B are new. But regardless you unlock chapter select after a certain point in the story, nothing is permanently missable.

anddo0

No significant plot spoilers, but you may not wish to click this anyway:
Unfortunately, you've passed the point of no return, and I think that unfinished sidequests aren't saved, though I'm not positive about that.

You'll get another chance to do them next playthrough.

Regarding sidequests:
Some sidequests, but not all, are available again on route B. Other sidequests on route B are new. But regardless you unlock chapter select after a certain point in the story, nothing is permanently missable.

Thanks

Really lame that the game doesn't warn you though.

Eklesp

This game is great, huge grin whenever doing a boss fight, they are so fantastic. Little confused about chips still, just doing automatic. Also if I should be buying weapons or finding them since I have found a few already.

Have to watch a video of the
adam and eve
encounter, I didn't hear anything that was said since I was fighting and couldn't multitask lol. Sounded important though.

Fisty

Ok I think I'm stuck, I went down some rock outcroppings on the cliffside with the long rope bridge, barely killed all the level 25 enemies, got the Phoenix Dagger, but now can't get back out... can I unequip all my stuff and suicide safely?

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Ok I think I'm stuck, I went down some rock outcroppings on the cliffside with the long rope bridge, barely killed all the level 25 enemies, got the Phoenix Dagger, but now can't get back out... can I unequip all my stuff and suicide safely?

There should be an elevator you can take back up (if you're where I think you are)

Edit: the very last part of the area has water? If so from that area turn around, the next area is a robot graveyard and on the right hand side of the area after the grave yard there should be a working elevator

Ourobolus

Banned

You can climb back out. It's kinda wonky, but you can do it.

There should be an elevator you can take back up (if you're where I think you are)

Sounds like he's having issues after taking the elevator back up?

Chilikar

Damn, the game crashed again. Lucky i saved 10 minutes ago.

Anybody else got some crashes? (getting kicked into the home menu / game closed)
I've had it pretty bad, the game has crashed on my ps4 pro twice, and once it completely shut down my ps4... During a save. If I didn't have ps+ I would've lost 26 hours in progress. Instead I had to deal with the 4 hours in progress lost

I'm suspicious that it might be a problem with long gaming sessions and rest mode. Might be a memory leak somewhere in the code

Ahhhhh, I think I screwed up.

Close to end of Route C

I just couldn't decide on
killing or erasing Pascal's memory so I thought if I just left the factory he'll live on as is. But when I got outside he said I'm too cold and that I left him in that situation all alone.

I should've just erased his memories. I don't want him to die! Please don't kill yourself Pascal T_T

Ahhhhh, I think I screwed up.

Close to end of Route C

I just couldn't decide on
killing or erasing Pascal's memory so I thought if I just left the factory he'll live on as is. But when I got outside he said I'm too cold and that I left him in that situation all alone.

I should've just erased his memories. I don't want him to die! Please don't kill yourself Pascal T_T

You have to ask yourself, what really is the right decision?

Answer: This is a Yoko Taro game :D

Fisty

Edit: the very last part of the area has water? If so from that area turn around, the next area is a robot graveyard and on the right hand side of the area after the grave yard there should be a working elevator

You can climb back out. It's kinda wonky, but you can do it.

Sounds like he's having issues after taking the elevator back up?

Sorry yes, I take the elevator back up but can't seem to get back through the waterfall, is there something I'm missing? I can't seem to jump far enough on the way back

EDIT: Ahhh was just not making the double jump right, finally got it

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry yes, I take the elevator back up but can't seem to get back through the waterfall, is there something I'm missing? I can't seem to jump far enough on the way back

EDIT: Ahhh was just not making the double jump right, finally got it

Haha I failed that jump a couple of times too. It's okay

Bossking

Banned
Just finished Ending A. New game+ immediately starts out strong. Love it.

So, side-quests carry over, right? I won't have to do them again?

Also, when does the elevator in the mall open up again? I missed it on playthrough 1, was busy with all the other shit going on once you get access to that last lunar tear.

I've had it pretty bad, the game has crashed on my ps4 pro twice, and once it completely shut down my ps4... During a save. If I didn't have ps+ I would've lost 26 hours in progress. Instead I had to deal with the 4 hours in progress lost

I'm suspicious that it might be a problem with long gaming sessions and rest mode. Might be a memory leak somewhere in the code

That sucks. I better make some backups right now.

Jiraiza

Just finished Ending A. New game+ immediately starts out strong. Love it.

So, side-quests carry over, right? I won't have to do them again?

Also, when does the elevator in the mall open up again? I missed it on playthrough 1, was busy with all the other shit going on once you get access to that last lunar tear.

It opens up if you finish
Emil's quest.
Sidequests stay completed.

How do I stop listening to Weight of the World??

Also I must have been lucky, my playthrough was 40 hours without a single freeze/crash/bug

You listen to Dynamic Wretched Weaponry.

Also, holy shit. Finally got Ending E. Spoilers inbound

fuck you Taro I fucking hate you you fucking mad man. Please keep doing whatever it is that makes you create such wonderfully aggravating pieces of art.

I bout shit myself at that entire thing. Someone's played too much Undertale.

Hell of a ride. Now for trophy cleanup!

Jotakori

Ooooh my god, Route C
I stopped by the amusement park for a side quest (I'm around the beginning, after you finally get control of A2 and 9S) and ooooohhhh my god the machines look sO CREEPY, WITH THEIR FACES AND STAGGERiNG AROuND fkjla;d;ak
Also this is making me feel really sad that there's no longer the parades and stuff going on. Even tho that was also kinda creepy, at least they were happy and lively. :(
Damn, tho, I'm so unnerved right now by this.

nikos

Just finished route C. What's the proper way to go back and select the other option to get the true ending?

What the actual fuck at the beginning of route C.
I figured I was supposed to die when the machines started disabling all my shit so I tried just running and shooting, picking them off one at a time, feeling the area. They just keep coming. I'm supposed to beat these dudes? I only level 40.

What the actual fuck at the beginning of route C.
I figured I was supposed to die when the machines started disabling all my shit so I tried just running and shooting, picking them off one at a time, feeling the area. They just keep coming. I'm supposed to beat these dudes? I only level 40.

Drop difficulty. Then try really hard.

That part is impressively... oppressive.

chefbags

So I'm on route b. I'm trying to find a quest called
find a present
to get a weapon. Is it only specific to
2B
and therefore i have to use that character to do this quest?

Naite

Just when I was feeling bummed out because the game doesn't scale the difficulty for higher level stats, I remembered about
debug mode. Now I'm trying to fight off a room full of 20 level 99 2Bs at once.

Top Bottom