• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Jotakori

LMAO okay so route c, collecting access keys
Flooded city one where you have to hack everything - so I just nearly shat myself when I reached the end cuz the place was littered in player corpses, like, more than I've seen before. I totally thought I was in for it, like oh god I am gonna get friggin wrecked here big time. inSTEAD IT WAS P MUCH THE EASIEST FIGHT EVER LMAO
I feel so trolled right now, getting totally scared shitless for nothing

Also, as a side note, I hate watching 9S go down this route. It's breaking my heart piece by piece jf;dkaf

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Yeah, Routes in Automata is way more streamlined. If anything, I wouldn't even call it routes/endings.

It's closer to:

A:
first half of story from 2B's perspective.
B:
first half of story from 9S's perspective.
C/D/E:
2nd half of story with different endings choices.

Automata, rather than
a story of divergent timelines & routes
is a story of
a single story that has a mid-season finale, etc with multiple outcomes at the end.

And even then
those outcomes are both preceded by ending E, in both C or D, the outcome eventually concludes with E, so technically its all a fully fleshed out story and the divergent paths only matter if you ignore the epilogue. Furthermore, engaging ending Y but stopping basically ensures that the machine network rises again in a few hundred yars when supposedly its fully destroyed in the canon outcome

ramyeon

So late Route A spoilers.

I found Emil's house. There's an item on the ground, Pod warns me against taking it. Will I regret it if I do?

Ubernube

So late Route A spoilers.

I found Emil's house. There's an item on the ground, Pod warns me against taking it. Will I regret it if I do?

First time, no, second time, yes unless you're prepared for it. There's a reason player corpses are EVERYWHERE in the room before that one.

alienator

thx for the replies guys, i thought i missed something, but now im gonna fake a seizure at work, so i can go home and NieR myself up.

Xadjim

Banned
Will I have the chance to do everything when I beat the game with all routes? or did I already miss something? I just started route B

Moonkid

The thread about Yoko Taro's comments have made me reflect on 2B's costuming. I was initially dreading how they'd handle it after some revealing promoshots and the talk of destructible clothing but having played the game you really do have to go out of your way to overtly sexualise her. It's a big step-up from Kaine in my eyes and thank god there weren't any lazy metajokes about it either (in the main storyline up to early Route B anyway). I find it natural to buy as another anachronism within the game, it fits well with how the Androids are meant to navigate issues of feelings and individuality. They're meant to be faceless instruments yet they're parading around in stylish clothes, clothes at all really.

J4g3r

So I'm guessing the chances of getting any impressions of the PC port before launch are slim to none?

olB0hX5.gif

True Fire

So I'm guessing the chances of getting any impressions of the PC port before launch are slim to none?

olB0hX5.gif

I'm not touching this game on PC until I get a full slate of impressions tbh. I don't trust Square Enix's porting skills.

How far into the game is
Flooded City
on your first playthrough?

It's the point of no return if you want to do sidequests with
9S
. Mind you, there's still quite a bit of game afterwards.

Yu Narukami

Main and sidequests should really display a recommended level. I'm level 25 and destroying everything in the main quest and then I do a sidequest and face a level 50 machine lol.

nOoblet16

Damn that route C opening. I had to drop the difficulty to easy and go all a auto chips and yet it took so long. I have no idea how I was suppose to fight here considering everything was way over my level (I was 34).

Jolkien

Damn that route C opening. I had to drop the difficulty to easy and go all a auto chips and yet it took so long. I have no idea how I was suppose to fight here considering everything was way over my level (I was 34).

Keep hearing how hard it is. I'm starting it this morning. I'm level 49

Level 51 for me. Helped that I stumbled across an EXP Up chip that gives me 10% more experience. Completing nearly all of the available side quests also probably helped.

Right now I'm just starting on Route C, though I did run across a glitch in Route B that forced me to redo an earlier save:
I had gotten up to the castle entrance in the forest, which up til then had been triggering flashbacks about the Forest King. Before heading into the castle, though, I decided to do a couple sidequests. When I did the Wandering Couple, I got the part where Pascal was repairing the female android, and 9S was prompted to close his eyes.

When he did, that triggered a flashback to the castle, where the machines had found out they were being invaded. During the entire scene the machines would talk, but the text would alternate between the machine scene, and what was going on the side quest. When the flashback ended, 9S and 2B were instantly transported back to the caste library. After finishing the castle, I went back to the amusement park to try and finish the earlier sidequest, only to see the couple and Pascal waiting for me. When I approach everyone essentially froze up.

I'm really glad I held off on saving when I saw it happen.

nOoblet16

Da faq is going on in route C?

I never had issues with difficulty up until route C, I didn't do all side quests and didn't use ex chip but even then I was only fighting enemies 5-6 levels above me when it came to powerful enemies and enemies my level for normal enemies. That changed in Route C as even the basic enemy had like 12-15 levels over me.

It's miserable because your level barely matters due to Reasons and you could just get destroyed at almost any point in the beginning part. Are the enemies scaled or was I just under leveled? Either way there is a difficulty jump in route C for sure.

Moaradin

I never noticed any difficulty spikes in Route C, but I pretty much did all the sidequest before that point. Think I was level 55.

Philippo

This motherfucking game, it's genius in creating believable NpCs and wolrd building with a few lines and slight design alterations for the machines.
Father Servo
(best NPC of the gen), Jackass,
Jean-Paul
(why does the game censors its name tho?),
the little girl missing in the desert
, the
machines village
smith that tells tou about a legendary blacksmith in the forest... all brilliant for different reasons.

Also boy does it feel good when you unlock a new good chunk of chip space.

Moaradin

Jean-Paul
(why does the game censors its name tho?)

Because in the Japanese release,
he's called Sartre. And weirdly enough, even the English voices call him Sartre without the bleeps in that version.
Not sure why there's a difference between the two releases outside of Yoko Taro being Yoko Taro.

he's called Sartre. And weirdly enough, even the English voices call him Sartre without the bleeps in that version.
Not sure why there's a difference between the two releases outside of Yoko Taro being Yoko Taro.
Yoko Taro stated it's due to copyright issues.

So it's
Jean-Paul Sartre
? A bit on the nose, but yeah. I can see why they chose that name.

nOoblet16

Yea fuck this, I'm not playing this game anymore for a while. The difficulty spike is sudden and I can't do anything to alleviate that now. The game didn't have any problems with my level right until the end of route B, while I still could have done something to increase it. Then it drops me in the middle of this shit and I find out I am underleveled and I can't go back to do anything. Not only that, the boss battles are more difficult as well not just in terms of level but the mechanics.

I'm not sure if I want to go through all of that, I've put away so many games that do a random difficulty spike at the end or near the end simply because I don't have time for this frustrstion when I could be playing something else. I donno what easy mode would do apart from letting me take more damage, I certainly won't be using auto chips as the game just plays itself when you do.

Hektor

Yea fuck this, I'm not playing this game anymore for a while. The difficulty spike is sudden and I can't do anything to alleviate that now. The game didn't have any problems with my level right until the end of route B, while I still could have done something to increase it. Then it drops me in the middle of this shit and I find out I am underleveled and I can't go back to do anything. Not only that, the boss battles are more difficult as well not just in terms of level but the mechanics.

I'm not sure if I want to go through all of that, I've put away so many games that do a random difficulty spike at the end or near the end simply because I don't have time for this frustrstion when I could be playing something else. I donno what easy mode would do apart from letting me take more damage, I certainly won't be using auto chips as the game just plays itself when you do.

I'm not suse I understand, whats stopping you from just dropping down the difficulty temporarily or permanently?

SkylineRKR

C is harder. I steamrolled B, and actually died in C. I was level 47 or so. You can pick up corpses for their buffs or assist. Ending of A teached me to just load up on cures. Money is never an issue. Those cores can't be missed and sell for loads.

pixelhans

Neo Member
question for after ROUTE C

so I unlocked chapter select and I'm still missing the emils memories quest.. Which chapter do I have to load to trigger the quest?

True Fire

It sounds like the problem isn't the game.

nOoblet16

It sounds like the problem isn't the game.
The problem is the difficulty spike..which is the game's problem. If you don't think there is one then explain it to me how is it that I had zero issues until the end of route B but struggle to kill even one enemy in route C opening ?

I'm not suse I understand, whats stopping you from just dropping down the difficulty temporarily or permanently?
From what I can see the benefits of easy mode over normal aside from being able to soak a little bit more damage (not significant enough to make a difference really) is pretty much just the ability to use auto chips. I don't want to use auto chips.

Hektor

From what I can see the benefits of easy mode over normal aside from being able to soak a little bit more damage is pretty much just the ability to use auto chips. I don't want to use auto chips.

But you don't have to use them, and being able to take more damage does make the game easier, no?

nOoblet16

But you don't have to use them, and being able to take more damage does make the game easier, no?
It's not dying that's making it a chore, I can just keep healing as I have a ton of health items. It's the fact that it every fight becomes a drag because it goes for way too long and I just find it...not fun because there's so much of it here in route C.

Mobs are bigger, enemy HP is larger, and you keep doing it while new mechanics get thrown in. I haven't had a breather at all since I started this route because it's just been a repeat of that over and over.

Freeman76

I just sold Horizon because it just felt like I had done it before, and Im now using the money for either this or GRW. I enjoyed the demo but it felt very sparse and lifeless, does the full game feel that way?

So, at pax east they pretty much confirmed that if there's enough demand. Drakengard Collection PS4 is going to happen.

drakengard_and_nier_replicant__gestalt_for_ps4_by_marblegallery7-dazq4i1.jpg

I know people don't like these petitions but if no one is gonna make one, I'll do it. I won't miss a chance to get Drakengard 3 for PS4.

kewlmyc

So, at pax east they pretty much confirmed that if there's enough demand. Drakengard Collection PS4 is going to happen.

drakengard_and_nier_replicant__gestalt_for_ps4_by_marblegallery7-dazq4i1.jpg

I know people don't like these petitions but if no one is gonna make one, I'll do it. I won't miss a chance to get Drakengard 3 for PS4.

Drakengard 3 with a not shit framerate would be very much welcome.

It's not dying that's making it a chore, I can just keep healing as I have a ton of health items. It's the fact that it every fight becomes a drag because it goes for way too long and I just find it...not fun because there's so much of it here in route C.

Mobs are bigger, enemy HP is larger, and you keep doing it while new mechanics get thrown in. I haven't had a breather at all since I started this route because it's just been a repeat of that over and over.

I think you are waaaay underleveled man.I mean I am level 35 right now and I just finished the
forest
area in route A.
Unfotrunately you must farm or do more sidequests to become stronger

Did you properly use plugin chips? Like, unlocked more slots and fused chips to get stronger ones?

Top Bottom