• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

bunkitz

Damn, I could handle the demo on Hard, but this was, well, harder? Kept dying really early in the opening mission so I've decided to just play on Normal for my first go. Enjoying it a lot, although I'm a little disappointed that there only seems to be two combos per weapon, one for when it's the primary and another as the secondary. Might be I just haven't explored the combat enough yet, though, but hey, still a lot of fun.

Side note: Quite surprised that when I first started the game, it was in English already... And I didn't change much, but being able to customize the controls is pretty sweet.

Oh, and any idea which items we can sell for cash? Or are they all materials for upgrading and shit?

Hektor

Grinded all the last trophies at the shoppe earned all trophies totes legitimately and finished it.

Still have a hard time believing this game is real lol

Guru-Guru

Banned
Man, I really want to enjoy this, but I can't remember the last time I played a game with an open world so damn boring/pointless. It totally turns me off doing any of the side quests... :(

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Early side quest question

how do I get the stamp in the amusement park that is behind the stage?

Also- is there a quick way to switch between your chip setups?

taoofjord

Hey all, trying to download the full game from JP PSN but the download keeps failing about 10 minutes in: "Cannot Download". I have enough free space (120GB). What could be the problem?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
When you get to the loading/installing after what I consider to be the prologue intro, how long is this supposed to take?

Hektor

Early side quest question

how do I get the stamp in the amusement park that is behind the stage?

Are you sure it's behind the stage?
There are two stamps to collect in that area, one you get through a small event in front of the stage, the other is hidden underneath the stage. Before you enter the room to the stage, to the right is a small tunnel with an elevator at the end of it.

Do side quest come back on when you start route b,c etc or are they missable

They come back

Slaythe

I just won a boss fight I should have never won.

First playthrough on hard.

It was a nasty fight. And all those retries were getting old because of load times.

o/

jonjonaug

Sidequest questions.

Lunar Tear Hunting (actual sidequest name is kind of a spoiler): Having trouble finding the one in the desert for the sidequest that requires you to track them all down. I can find all the others, but I'm by the red circle and can't find the flower.

Data on the Old World: I found one relevant data file in the Flooded City and one in the Desert. Where are the rest found at?

Data Analysis Freak: I found the data in the Factory and transmitted it once I got out (conversation with 21O) then nothing happened. The quest log still says "go outside and upload your findings". Did this glitch out or am I supposed to do something else with this?

Heritage of the Past: I found an old staff and can't find anything else for the life of me. Anyone know where the other items to find with the scanner in the desert are?

Also where can I find
Emil
's house? He said it was underground but the only place I could think of is the cave below the City Ruins and I can't find anything in there.

How can I get ending W after already getting Ending A and B?

Also I just started the third playthrough and I have a question,
I'm defending the city with all of the squadrons, the big guy in the middle was level 60 and it took ages but I killed him with range. now 2B got blasted with EMP and I have to help, I do have some Visual Aids as well as the Volt items, but the difficulty just greatly spiked for me. I'm only level 38 - I may have went too fast in my second playthrough but I'm having a lot of trouble. I don't really see how I can get any stronger right now since the game is forcing me to do this quest at the moment - any tips are appreciated

Hektor

How can I get ending W after already getting Ending A and B?

Also I just started the third playthrough and I have a question,
I'm defending the city with all of the squadrons, the big guy in the middle was level 60 and it took ages but I killed him with range. now 2B got blasted with EMP and I have to help, I do have some Visual Aids as well as the Volt items, but the difficulty just greatly spiked for me. I'm only level 38 - I may have went too fast in my second playthrough but I'm having a lot of trouble. I don't really see how I can get any stronger right now since the game is forcing me to do this quest at the moment - any tips are appreciated

You can always just put down your difficulty temporarily. You can change it any time and you don't lose anything by doing so.

Lunar Tear Hunting (actual sidequest name is kind of a spoiler): Having trouble finding the one in the desert for the sidequest that requires you to track them all down. I can find all the others, but I'm by the red circle and can't find the flower.

You gotta climb into a hole in a wall, somehwere in the middle of that part of the desert area that leads to a system of caverns.

Also where can I find
Emil
's house? He said it was underground but the only place I could think of is the cave below the City Ruins and I can't find anything in there.

You'll need to finish the lunar tear quest in order to do this. Once you did it,
you'll find it by going through the elevator in the shopping mall.

snake2531

Neo Member
With minimal spoilers, as you progress from route A to whatever the true ending is, do they contain new gameplay scenarios? (bosses, locations, etc)

JayEH

Got Ending A as well as endings
H, K, and L
on my first play through. You definitely can't stop at A. Interested to see how B differs now.

Slaythe

Out of all the areas of the game, what percentage of areas have consistent frame drops??

Well here is the funny thing, they added some elements to areas that were OK, and now almost every single one of my fight in those areas that were okay have major frame drops.

And I'm not picky, it's really bad.

It definitely got worse as I played along, so I'm assuming they didn't have time to optimize those parts maybe.

I'm cool with being spoiled on this one detail. Are the mechs used a decent amount throughout th the game?

Obviously mark as spoil for others

pezzie

Hahaha. Location spoiler
Machine Village is the cutest place I've ever seen in a video game. I want to live there.

Top Bottom